This is my recipe. Agua fresca is a beverage popular in Mexico and the United States. I like to use very little sugar, if at all. Chop up a small watermelon into cubes. Such a pretty fresh tasting pleasantly sweet treat! I love anything made with watermelon and this is such a refreshing way to enjoy it. Served these on Fajita night ... out on the patio .... buen provecho! Place them in a blender — depending on the size of the blender cup, this may need to be done in batches. Once all of the ingredients are in the blender, it’s then processed until all the fruit has broken down and sugar melted. It’s one of the best summer drinks to have to cool down and hydrate! Sometimes sugar or condensed milk may be added for sweetness. If your watermelon has seeds, pick them out before blending. What is agua fresca? :-), Congrats! You should get about 27 ounces (800 milliliters) of agua fresca out of this recipe. For watermelon agua fresca I like using honey if necessary but for drinks like Agua de Horchata my favorite is maple syrup. Thanks SB! The original authentic recipe I know from Mexico does have refined sugar but you can sweeten it with other sweeteners of your choice or skip sweetening all together if you prefer. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Very good and refreshing. You’ll find me on IG, FB & Pinterest under @MexicanMadeMeatless, Filed Under: Drinks, Mexican Food Recipe Videos. Crush with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with ice. Gotta have that pinch of salt with watermelon. Rice agua fresca, or horchata, is made by soaking the rice in water until soft or overnight. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Or if you’d like you can also omit the sugar all together. Some people like to strain the mix into the pitcher, feel free to do so if desired. Place a half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves. So if using sugar or a sweetener, it is then added to the blender ingredients. So very good, I highly recommend this, try it! It’s a versatile recipe! Today we’ll be showing you how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca. Its pretty much just water mixed with fresh fruit and it is downright amazing. Maybe this will float your boat but it just didn't mine. Agua fresca can be made with virtually any fruit—and you can Agua frescas are a fantastic way to keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body. Thank you MJ, I hope you find it very refreshing. I only added about 1/4 cup sugar and I strained the watermelon puree as I poured it into the pitcher (it really was quite pulpy). Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Thank you! A pitcher that's big enough for your agua fresca. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It is made with several different fruits. It’s quite the refreshing drink, isn’t it. All types of these delicious drinks are served ice cold and with ice cubes. Cover and chill until ready to serve. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214367/watermelon-agua-fresca Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Enjoy! Process watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew melon and sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Try this vegan recipe. Not only did it taste great the color was gorgeous and made a nice presentation. Add sugar to taste. Puree the watermelon and water in a blender until smooth. March 21, 2012 by Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS. We love this as is, but we added a splash of vodka and it's amazing!!!!!! Add in other fruits to blend or juice. It will last for at least 3 days so you can make it ahead and enjoy whenever you like. They are very refreshing. thanks for sharing your recipe. Having said that I didn't enjoy this enough to ever make again. (Optional) … Hello & welcome to the Views Kitchen! Does Mexican Agua Fresca have sugar? How to Make Agua Fresca 1. Dr. Axe on Facebook 1124 Dr. Axe on Twitter 22 Dr. Axe on Instagram Dr. Axe on Google Plus Dr. Axe on Youtube Dr. Axe on Pintrest 89 Share on Email Print Article (28) Are you in need of a refreshing drink to cool down with this summer? The tea is then strained and mixed with sugar and additional water. Cut the lime slices in half. Add the pinch of salt, if using, and blend for another minutes. But not everyone uses the lime juice and it’s ok to omit it. Instructions Prepare the watermelon pieces and weigh without the peel. By adjusting the sugar amount and even the water amount depending on how juicy the watermelon is. Taste and if necessary adjust either the sugar or water. Some of my favorites are strawberries, mangoes, limes and lemons, peaches (so good! Thanks for sharing this delightful treat SB - we couldn't have enjoyed it more. Agua frescas are a fantastic way to keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body. Served over ice with a … I was inspired by a similar drink in Las Vegas and the outcome is delish and refreshing! Info. Mix well. I can wait to make this! Watermelon Agua Fresca Cocktails. Traditionally these non-alcoholic drinks are made with fruits, dried edible flowers, rice, nuts, and seeds. Not that my two cents matters (remember I wasn't fond of this...) but I do think the amount of sugar is a tad too much (start with less and add the suggested amount if you still feel the need to). Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/watermelon-agua-fresca Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca, with a twist! Blend until smooth. 72 calories; protein 0.5g 1% DV; carbohydrates 18.7g 6% DV; fat 0.1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 1.3mg. My MIL brought a delicious watermelon over for Mother's Day. You can also decide whether to strain the agua fresca to make it smooth or keep the pulp for the fiber. Nancy Lopez-McHugh & MexicanMadeMeatless.com. Agua Fresca is one of those things that I consider a nice little luxury. You can even garnish with small wedges of watermelon … As always if you try my recipe please make sure to tag me on social media. I also recommend making and using simple syrup instead of sugar to ensure it is dissolved. This recipe can be tweaked and adjusted as you like. Then keep adding sugar until your reach desired sweetness. Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher, forcing through most of the pulp. Jun 1, 2019 - This summer, try our recipe for refreshing watermelon agua fresca when you're craving a cold drink! The cold temperature accentuates the natural flavors. The watermelon mixture gets strained and mixed with water and you’ve got agua fresca! Notes on This Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe. Cinnamon and sometimes nuts can be added when blending the rice. So we had more - and Hubs requested that from now on I make this with Splenda which indicates he plans on drinking a lot of this! I created this recipe for Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca when I had half a mini-watermelon left over after making Watermelon Tomato Basil Salad. Have fun and add slices of the fruit or some lime slices to make the glass a bit prettier. I also think running your mixture through a strainer would be wise (my drink was a little too pulpy for my liking - and I have a VERY powerful KitchenAid blender!!!). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My son really loved it. My blender does a pretty good job at breaking down the contents. For someone who doesn't care for watermelon (I keep trying...) to my surprise I liked this better than I thought I would. All types of agua frescas are best served very cold and with plenty of ice cubes. I made this Friday for a Hispanic Heritage luncheon we had at work the only thing I didnt use were the mint leaves but it came out wonderful and everyone liked it had to make a second pitcher at home for my kids!! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I used frozen watermelon chunks to make a slushie. Yep, salt! Add in your favorite tequila, white rum, or … We made this for a dinner with friends last night and it turned out wonderfully. I would use a bit of personal judgement regarding the level of sugar and lime juice--it may not have enough of either. Not to mention really hitting the spot on a hot day or when you’re super thirsty. Required fields are marked *. Welcome to my new blog where I'm sharing my journey as a Pescetarian as well as Mexican recipes made vegan, vegetarian and pescetarian Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Nancy Lopez-McHugh MexicanMadeMeatless.com. Serve in glass with plenty of ice cubes … Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe Variations. Depending on how sweet your watermelon is I would start with 1/4 cup of sugar and taste. If I don’t use lime juice, then in fact I won’t use any sweetener. The Agua de Sandia will really only keep fresh for one day, it loses it taste and a bit of the color the next day. 12 thirst-quenching agua fresca recipes that are perfect for summertime.. Agua fresca (“fresh water” in Spanish) is a Mexican non-alcoholic drink made with fruit, sugar and water. Prepare the watermelon pieces and weigh without the peel. First you start with a preferably seedless watermelon and cut it into small pieces. Agua frescas are the most delicious non-alcoholic drinks because they’re so easy to make. When it's hot and humid and you're totally parched, there's nothing as refreshing, as revitalizing, and as restorative as ice-cold watermelon agua fresca… I did make a few adjustments per other reviewers suggestions. Then I like to add a little bit of lime juice ice boost the flavor and also help keep the water fresher longer. I'm glad I did I really like it thanks! As with any recipe where there are only a few ingredients, quality it key. Serve in glass with plenty of ice cubes and enjoy! Once the watermelon is ready to use it’s just a matter of blending. Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca, with a twist! You saved Watermelon Agua Fresca to your. Delicious! Thank you for sharing, Your email address will not be published. Enjoy! Place in the blender then pour in the lime juice, add the... Pour into a large pitcher with ice cubes. This watermelon agua fresca or agua de sandia is a delicious treat the whole family will love! :). If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. My name is Nancy, you may know me as Spicie Foodie. Mix agave syrup, salt, lime juice into the watermelon juice. Except, perhaps, if you blend it, chill it, and sweeten it with a mint-infused syrup. As in watermelon cooler. Puree the watermelon and water in a blender until smooth. I like to make my watermelon agua fresca extra party-worthy by serving it up with fun garnishes, like sugar crusted glass rims, fresh mint sprigs and lime slices. Some people may also translate them as “coolers”. For all you watermelon lovers out there this is a real treat. Working in two batches, add the water and watermelon in a high speed blender and blend together until it's smooth. Add to lemonade for delicious watermelon lemonade. Or if the fruit is extra sweet even with lime juice I’ll omit the sugar. Pour in the water and give the agua a very good stir. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition From pineapple to watermelon, there’s something for everyone. ), dragon fruit, and other summer goodies. Hope you give one of these a try. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. agua fresca, atole, drinks, winter, vegan, watermelon. Ingredients you’ll need. Add sugar to taste. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Be careful with the sugar! Cut the lime slices in half. Plus discarding the pulp is wasting natural plant fiber and vitamins and minerals. Pour into a large pitcher with ice cubes. For those of you 21+, try a spiked agua fresca by adding a splash of vodka or tequila. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Place in the blender then pour in the lime juice, add the sugar and blend until the watermelon is broken down. These Agua Fresca recipes are a great way to keep hydrated this summer and excellent source of essential vitamins. Make sure you use a nice, ripe seasonal watermelon or else the agua fresca … Agua fresca means fresh water (as in refreshing) or cooling water. Press … Crush with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with ice. Something I like to do with my agua frescas is to add a pinch of sea salt. In the case of agua de sandia or watermelon agua fresca, the part that will take the longest is the cutting up of the fruit. Few things are more refreshing on a hot summer day than a slice of chilled watermelon. Seeds like chia make a popular agua fresca when combined with limes, water and a sweetener. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Ingredients 1 cup finely cut watermelon 7 cups chopped watermelon 6 cups watermelon juice ½ cup sugar, or sugar substitute of choice 1 large lime, juiced Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe Directions. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Carlota de Limón (Mexican Lime Icebox Cake), Portobello Mushroom and Cubanelle Pepper Tacos: A Vegan Take on a Mexican Favorite, Mexican Christmas Punch or Ponche Navideño, Hearts of Palm Ceviche | Vegan Ecuadorian-Style Ceviche with a Mexican Touch. This is a watermelon drink. You can also add more water to make it thinner if you’d like. Place a half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves. Serve with or without ice cubes. Awesome! This watermelon agua fresca recipe (AKA Mexican watermelon water, or agua fresca de sandia) is super easy to make. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I would also suggest to stick to muscovado sugar because it not only adds a great flavor, but it’s also vegan! The process for barley or cebada agua fresca is the similar to horchata. You’ve got to try this fruity, sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca. made this on a hot summer day, both kids and adults loved it. And so did I. I did press it through a wire mesh strainer as it was just a little too pulpy for me (maybe it's just my blender) but I followed the recipe for everything else including the fresh mint lime and the amount of sugar which we both found to be the perfect amount. That’s exactly what it does to the watermelon and lime juice in my agua fresca recipe. Growing up in Arizona, my friends and I would hop in the car and venture to Mexico every once in a while and while we were there we would have a refreshing Agua Fresca while laying on the beach… that might be one of the best summer memories ever. It also helps on to relieve the heat of these hots days we’re having. Pour in the watermelon agua fresca, and stir before serving. Watermelon agua fresca keeps well in the fridge. Your email address will not be published. Traditionally sugar is also added. It was a single serving and I added uhmm a bit of rum. Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe. When it comes to fruit agua frescas, I personally don’t like to strain them. Stir and bring to a simmer over medium heat until the sugar is... Add the watermelon, lime zest and juice and 3 tablespoons of the cooled simple syrup to a blender. This was allright. This is my all-time favorite summertime drink. I hope you try this agua de sandia very soon! I just made one. (Just bring to a boil a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water and stir until dissolved and let cool.) We ate most of it & I only had about a cup & a half leftover so I decided to try this on a smaller scale. Stir in 2 cups cold water. we make with the kids during the hot summer days, we even freeze it to make them popsicle, fun and delicious and refreshing, Freezing to make paletas is a great idea! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Pour in the watermelon agua fresca, and stir before serving. Taste your watermelon and add sugar according to the sweetness of your watermelon. More useful tips can be found in the post above this recipe card. Great standard recipe for agua fresca. I added Tequila and triple sec (instead of sugar) to the recipe and garnished with very thin slices of cucumber. You can choose what type of sweetener to use and how much to add, if any. LOL. Yum I've never had one of these. In a blender or food processor, combine water, watermelon, sugar, and lime juice until smooth. Generally fruit is combined with water and sugar to make a delicious non-alcoholic drink. Salt has long been used to enhance flavor in food. Ingredients 6 cups diced watermelon … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This Watermelon Agua Fresca (also known as Agua de Sandia) is a light and refreshing summer drink made with only 3 ingredients – watermelon, water and a touch of sugar! When fruits are used they are blended with a bit of water, sometimes strained to remove pulp, then mixed with more water.
How To Become A Travel Agent Without Experience, Oolacile Township Walkthrough, Hotel National Park, Microsoft Teams Decisions App, Maybe Sheet Music, Materials Science Master's Prerequisites, Pioneer Udp-lx500 Multi Region, Kth Royal Institute Of Technology Ranking 2020, Mountain Plover Predators, 36 Inch Gas Range Clearance,