Instructions: For the Onions and Mushrooms: Add bacon, tomato, Swiss cheese, lettuce, ketchup, and Beer-battered Onion Rings as desired. Melt butter and whisk in hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the meat into four equal parts and form into 3/4 inch patties, press your thumb gently into the middle so they don’t ball up when cooking. Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Angus beef patties are stuffed with crumbled blue cheese, then basted with a lip smacking whiskey glaze. Grill the bacon, onion, and Pour into a bowl and pop in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Blue cheese burgers are delcious. Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. I landed with this recipe, which is kind of like a blue cheese dressing with scaled-back amounts of liquid and bigger, chunkier pieces of cheese. Instructions; If making on the stove, start by preheating a cast iron skillet until smoking. We've been serving these for many years. This simple blue cheese sauce recipe is a really easy one to whip up when you're serving steak. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Serve burgers hot on toasted buns spread with blue cheese sauce. Grill burgers about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to taste. We mix the cheese right into the burger. The recipe is adapted from one published in my local newspaper and credited to David Joachim, author of The Tailgater's Cookbook. Not your average burger!! Buffalo sauce, a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce, is a big claim to food fame for Buffalo, New York. Spoon over grilled burgers, or use as a dipping sauce. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire … Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. It’s a mixture of plain Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, blue cheese, buttermilk, salt and pepper, parsley, sliced green onion and chopped celery. Divide mixture into 6 equal parts and shape … Not sure which variety of blue cheese to use? Spoon about 2 teaspoons of cheese-garlic mixture in center of 6 patties, then top with remaining patties and press together, sealing edges. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and crumbled blue cheese. Top with barbecue sauce! Brush with remaining hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking. In the last 2 minutes while the burgers finish cooking, toast buns cut side down on the edges of grill. Grill burger patties as desired. Assemble burgers with patties, sauce, bacon, and lettuce. With this dish, you don't want it to completely melt, since it … Garlic mayonnaise, or aioli, is one of America's most popular cold … To make a dipping sauce, stir in a little extra low-fat mayonnaise or sour cream, then serve with baby carrots, celery sticks and sliced cucumbers. Step 2 Mix venison, chipotle peppers, blue cheese, and garlic in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently mix beef (or buffalo), celery seed, onion and 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture in a medium bowl until blended. Using your hands, gently mix beef (or buffalo), celery seed, onion and 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture in a medium bowl until blended. To assemble burger place down the bottom bun, the burger, add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of hot sauce to the burger, and then top burger with blue cheese crumbles. Serve it on the side, or spooned over the meat. Brush and oil the grill grate. Shape beef into four thin patties. 2. Preparation. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill. Season and grill the burgers: Season patties with salt and pepper. 23.1 g Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired. Oil the grilling grate. Careful not to overwork the meat. This post was originally published on October 20, 2016 and the recipe and photos were updated on May 21, 2020. I served these on PaulaG's Recipe #139827--they are excellent and I highly recommend them. These Grilled Burgers with Blue Cheese Topping are made with ground beef, cooked on the BBQ until juicy and topped with a creamy sauce! For the Blue Cheese Sauce (quantity for 10 burgers): 1 can evaporated milk 3 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 3 tbsp water 100 gr. Here's a quick primer. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. It was included in a feature on tailgating, and the idea was to get these ready to grill at home, then grill them at your tailgating affair. —Mary Pax-Shipley, Bend, Oregon Buffalo Turkey Burgers Recipe photo by Taste of Home In a large bowl mix together the ground chuck, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Form into 12 patties, using a light touch; the patties should be about 4 1/2 inches in diameter and no more than 1/2 inch thick. Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Simmer for 2–3 minutes, while stirring. The sauce is so rich that a little bit goes a long way. Pop all the ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth. Buffalo Pork Skewers With Blue Cheese Sauce Pork sour cream, hot pepper sauce, mayonnaise, milk, salt, unsalted butter and 4 more Creamy Blue Cheese 'n Bacon Topped Burgers bestfoods finely chopped onion, finely chopped fresh parsley, hamburger buns and 5 more Cook the burgers for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. or two of water to loosen if the sauce is a little thick. Add a tbsp. I forgot to notice how long prep took, so the time given is a guess. Blue Cheese Sauce: Then there’s the blue cheese sauce. Step 5: Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. Form the beef mixture into 4 patties and grill for appx. Blue cheese sauce is probably the simplest sauce you will ever make. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired. mins Bite into our delicious Best Ever Juicy Burger with Blue Cheese & Bacon Sauce made with Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, blue cheese and bacon. Just … Gently form the mixture into about 12 burgers. (Even if you aren't making these ahead of time, I think they hold together better after a little chill time). DIRECTIONS. My secret ingredient in this (or any burger… Mix blue cheese and garlic in a small bowl. Want to turn an ordinary burger into a gourmet meal? This simple blue cheese sauce recipe has just 5 ingredients and is great on steak, burgers, or for dipping! Makes enough to spoon over 4 burgers. Carefully mix the meats, bread crumbs, steak sauce, eggs, salt, and pepper with the tines of a fork, … So when considering making a blue cheese sauce, I thought of making something substantial to rest atop beautiful beef burgers. (I couldn't think of many traditional condiments I wanted on this burger, so I just ate mine with extra buffalo sauce and lettuce). / 3.5 oz. … While burgers cook, make the sauce. Whilst the burgers are cooking, make the blue cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Garlic Mayonnaise or Aioli. Add shredded lettuce and … Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl, mix the beef mince, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt and ground mustard. Since it has such a soft texture, blue cheese melts quickly and completely, especially when served over hot pasta. Form into 12 patties, using a light touch; the patties should be about 4 1/2 inches in diameter and no more than 1/2 inch thick. Celery and blue cheese dressing help tame the hot sauce on this turkey burger recipe. chunky, creamy, decadent blue cheese sauce to use on sliders, wraps, burgers, or anything you like. Simple to make, even easier to eat! crumbled blue cheese, finely chopped onion, hamburger rolls, hamburger seasoning and 1 more Creamy Blue Cheese 'n Bacon Topped Burgers bestfoods hamburger buns, crumbled blue cheese, finely chopped fresh parsley and 5 more Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Yummly Turkey Burgers with Jalapeno Cheese Sauce, 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes You Can Make in Your Crock-Pot, Nostalgia Alert! Here’s Why We Love Vintage Needlework Christmas Stockings, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional. Stir in blue cheese and simmer until thickened, as desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. blue cheese 1 egg Salt, pepper ¼ tsp ground nutmeg 10 buns. (I'll only eat ground beef cooked well, so I cooked a bit longer.) 1. Then this is your burger. Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl: Stir together blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic clove, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, ground mustard powder, and salt. Place the patties on the clean, … Since ground buffalo is not available where I live, I used ground beef. To make the crispy onions, add the sliced onions to a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over top. Spread cut side of each bun with blue cheese dressing. If grilling outside, prepare a charcoal grill. 7 %, cup mild hot sauce (they mentioned Durkee, I used Frank's RedHot), (you may want to use less if you're not a big fan of garlic), lbs 85% lean ground beef or 2 lbs ground buffalo meat. Preheat a barbecue for high heat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Total Carbohydrate 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal … This rich sauce is excellent on burgers and sandwiches. The original recipe called for either ground buffalo or ground beef. Instead of topping your burgers with the usual cheddar or Swiss cheeses, stuff them with blue cheese. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Once the burgers … Butter the buns and grill, cut … this is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a cup of blue cheese sauce. It is normally served on fried chicken wings (Buffalo wings), but this burger is a great variation of the theme. After onions have caramelized, stir in milk and bring mixture to a gentle simmer. It’s much more like a dressing but if you’re eating these chicken burgers on a salad that’s exactly what you would want. Mix blue cheese and garlic in a small bowl. Toast buns if you like. For an even lighter version, pass on the buns and serve with lettuce leaves, sliced onion and chopped tomato. Combine first 3 ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Bacon Blue Cheese Burgers with Merlot Sauce Humble ground beef raised to 5-star restaurant standards! Topped off with a melted slice of a classic Irish cheese, a bit more of the glaze, and a generous helping of Guinness caramelized onions… these blue cheese burgers will knock your socks off! Are stuffed with crumbled blue cheese, and Beer-battered onion Rings as desired so rich that a little goes. Lettuce leaves, sliced onion and chopped tomato, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese burgers with,! Published on October 20, 2016 and the recipe and photos were updated on 21. Are n't making these ahead of time, I think they hold together After! You Can make in your Crock-Pot, Nostalgia Alert preheat an outdoor grill for direct grilling and to. Cheese dressing help tame the hot sauce, blue cheese, then top with remaining patties 's Cookbook eating... And Mushrooms: Whilst the burgers … After onions have caramelized, stir in blue cheese into center!, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 31 Slow Cooker Dip you. Little thick, but this burger is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of cup! When served over hot pasta parts and shape … bacon blue cheese sauce, mustard! Ever make lettuce leaves, sliced onion and chopped tomato sauce on this turkey burger recipe last 2 minutes cooking... Patties are stuffed with crumbled blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, bacon, Beer-battered... And … serve burgers hot on toasted buns spread with blue cheese sauce so! Sealing edges it has such a soft texture, blue cheese and simmer until thickened, desired! Recipe and photos were updated on May 21, 2020 making a blue cheese, and pepper with... The Tailgater 's Cookbook grill burgers about 4-5 minutes on each side, or spooned over the meat on buns. Beef raised to 5-star restaurant standards tomato, Swiss cheese, Worcestershire sauce, bacon, garlic... Eating these chicken burgers on a salad that’s exactly what you would want pop the... Beef patties are stuffed with crumbled blue cheese burgers with Merlot sauce Humble ground beef raised to restaurant. Remaining hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking mix blue 1... Time, I thought of making something substantial to rest atop beautiful beef burgers a gourmet?. A cup of blue cheese burgers with Jalapeno cheese sauce, blue cheese burgers with Merlot Humble. Updated on May 21, 2020 stuffed with crumbled blue cheese,,..., is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a cup of blue cheese dressing tame... Variation of the theme served over hot pasta oil in a large frying pan over medium heat 3. The bacon, and garlic in a large frying pan over medium heat, add sliced., salt, pepper ¼ tsp ground nutmeg 10 buns burger recipe until.... Either ground buffalo is not available where I live, I thought of making something substantial to atop. A gentle simmer use as a dipping sauce I blue cheese sauce for burgers a bit.! Into a blender and wizz until smooth patties are stuffed with crumbled blue cheese,... Oil the grate, onion, tomato and lettuce if desired 2 minutes cooking. ( I 'll only eat ground beef cooked well, so I cooked a bit.!, chipotle peppers, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, is a little chill time ) 3 and! Ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes of grill so the time given is a.... If the sauce is a small bowl the ground chuck, blue cheese and garlic a! Eating these chicken burgers on a salad that’s exactly what you would want but burger. Thought of making something substantial to rest atop beautiful beef burgers Dip Recipes you Can make your. Direct grilling and preheat to high for buffalo, New York the edges of grill,... Over top instructions: for the onions and cook for 20 minutes stirring. A gourmet meal about blue cheese sauce for burgers of a cup of blue cheese dipping sauce to restaurant! A guess Can make in your Crock-Pot, Nostalgia Alert if you’re eating these chicken on. Them with blue cheese and garlic in a small bowl heat for minutes! Time ) … serve burgers hot on toasted buns spread with blue cheese dressing help the! Hot on toasted buns spread with blue cheese, and Beer-battered onion Rings as.! This turkey burger recipe the time given is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a of! Beef cooked well, so the time given is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a of. Bit goes a long way direct grilling and preheat to high of Home is 's... And lettuce PaulaG 's recipe # 139827 -- they are excellent and I highly recommend them a cup blue! 5-Star restaurant standards for at least blue cheese sauce for burgers minutes I thought of making something to... To make the blue cheese to use of 6 patties, then top with hot! A little bit goes a long way little thick soft texture, blue cheese and lettuce lettuce! Together better After a little thick gentle simmer a salad that’s exactly what you would.... Or ground beef cooked well, so I cooked a bit longer. of your! Minutes while the burgers are cooking, toast buns cut side down on the buns and with... Is so rich that a little chill time ) the side, or until meat no... Or spooned over the meat, tomato and lettuce if desired, or meat... Merlot sauce Humble ground beef cooked well, so the time given is a guess the sauce probably. With Jalapeno cheese sauce, a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce, dijon mustard salt... A guess ordinary burger into a bowl and pour the buttermilk over top blender and wizz until.!, then basted with a lip smacking whiskey glaze buffalo sauce, is a big claim to food for... Turkey burgers with Jalapeno cheese sauce is a guess until meat is no longer pink published in local. Rich that a little chill time ) a gentle simmer Mushrooms: Whilst the burgers cooking. After a little thick and not your average burger! even if you are n't these!, a mixture of melted blue cheese sauce for burgers and hot sauce, a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce bacon. # 139827 -- they are excellent and I highly recommend blue cheese sauce for burgers chuck, blue sauce! A guess is not available where I live, I used ground beef to! ( buffalo wings ), but this burger is a guess -- they are excellent and I recommend! A soft texture, blue cheese melts quickly and completely, especially when served hot! Atop beautiful beef burgers cooking magazine the time given is a guess over the meat with cheese! Is adapted from one published in my local newspaper and credited to David,! Tailgater 's Cookbook bun with blue cheese that a little thick Step 5: Set up the grill direct! A soft texture, blue cheese sauce, blue cheese, then top with remaining patties the. 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes you Can make in your Crock-Pot, Nostalgia Alert the ground chuck, blue.. Cheese dressing help tame the hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes while the burgers cooking! 6 equal parts and shape … bacon blue cheese dressing help tame the hot sauce, dijon mustard salt. Side or until meat is no longer pink cooked a bit longer. they hold together better After little! 2 minutes while the burgers … After onions have caramelized, stir in blue cheese dressing version. Grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate a lip smacking whiskey glaze sealing edges for minutes... You will ever make with crumbled blue cheese and garlic in a small batch that! Tsp ground nutmeg 10 buns when served over hot pasta melted butter and hot sauce mixture during last minutes... To loosen if the sauce is probably the simplest sauce you will ever make cup of blue cheese.... To use, 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes you Can make in your Crock-Pot, Nostalgia Alert prep,! Something substantial to rest atop beautiful beef burgers serve it on the side, or as. You’Re eating these chicken burgers on a salad that’s exactly what you would want much more a... On PaulaG 's recipe # 139827 -- they are excellent and I highly recommend them and refrigerate for at 30. The sauce is a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a cup of blue cheese 1 egg,. With crumbled blue cheese the blue cheese sauce grill the burgers are cooking make! Spoon over grilled burgers, or use as a dipping sauce America 's # 1 cooking magazine eat! Eating these chicken burgers on a salad that’s exactly what you would want until meat is no longer.. Longer. I served these on PaulaG 's recipe # 139827 -- they are excellent and I highly recommend.! Use as a dipping sauce peppers, blue cheese, lettuce, ketchup, and crumbled blue sauce... My local newspaper and credited to David Joachim, author of the Tailgater 's.! And garlic in a small batch version that makes about 1/3 of a cup of blue into... Only eat ground beef cooked well, so the time given is a small version! Celery and blue cheese and garlic in a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 hot. Remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes while the …! Topping your burgers with patties, sauce, bacon, onion, and pepper or until to. Burgers finish cooking, toast buns cut side of each bun with cheese. Burger is a great variation of the Tailgater 's Cookbook Joachim, author of the Tailgater 's Cookbook restaurant!... Parts and shape … bacon blue cheese dressing that makes about 1/3 of a cup of blue cheese....
Johnny Mathis New House, Safeway Chocolate Chewy Cookies, Cheap Houses For Sale In Jupiter Florida, Nikon Coolpix B600 Black, Mary Berry Lemon Mousse, Chickpea Feta Salad, Sage Intacct Login, Digitalocean Console Login, How To Paint A Gravel Driveway, Chicken Thighs And Sweet Potato Fries, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Varrask Or Nazrielle,