Following up Charlena, was a song called "Louella" Though clearly shown as the "B" side to the record, it was the song that was supposed to get the spins. The first song the Sevilles recorded was "Charlena," which had been written by Manuel Chavez and Herman "Sonny" Chaney of the Jaguars (it was a tune that the Jaguars had tried, without success, to get recorded for over a year). Perhaps, this is a temporary station problem. Ohhhhh Charlena! The Hunch - Mad Mike and The Maniacs 24. $21.42. "Charlena" hit the Billboard Top 100 and peaked at number 84. They probably pressed both the promos and stock copies at the same time, so there was no chance to change it. The Sevilles Charlena. It is a great song that was played a lot in the Los Angeles area, and has been revived and performed by many other artists. Read or print original Charlena lyrics 2020 updated! Nirvana - Nevermind [New Vinyl LP] $24.31. The flip, "Loving You(Is My Desire)" was a great Doo Wop ballad. I learned early in life never to doubt a coach. Sometimes, distributors would put stickers on the labels saying "Thanks" or "Play This Side." Here is the much more common stock issue of Charlena on JC 116. $33.99. Also, if you are logged in you can view the items you are bidding on by clicking "My Watch List" at the top of the website (desktop), or within the website navigation dropdown (mobile). This is the Sevilles third and final release on the Galaxy label, and the green label promo copy is shown. A sixties smash from Kraziekhat. Valley High - Bill and Doree Post 19. There is a nice contrast between the gruff vocals and the melodious sax solo. You know I cry...Charlena..Whoah!(Fade.) Cousins Ernest Hamilton and Bobby Baker, both tenors, started out as a duo in Watts. Check out Charlena by The Sevilles on Amazon Music. Listen online top songs Charlena. It also appears in the movie "La Bamba" from 1987. Going Back: A Collection of Rhythm & Blues. Authorization is only required to store your personal settings. I can account for eight releases on the JC 100 series, with many numbers apparently not used. With "Hey Hey Baby", the Sevilles went right back into the party mode they left with their Cal Gold release. Salt Mine was another one written by Manny Chavez and Sonny Chaney of the Jaguars. Daily, we added a hundreds of new songs with chords and tabs, just for you ;). Original lyrics of Charlena song by The Sevilles. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our policies regarding the use of cookies. Key Variations. There Goes A Pretty Girl - The Enchanters 20. This site uses cookies. (Capo 1st fret.) The Slits - Cut [New Vinyl LP] UK - Import. Daily updates! $10.99. This is the green label stock issue on Galaxy. Chords Diagrams. It also was featured in at least one movie. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. The Sevilles are much more than a top shelf variety band the play the big hits spanning from the 1940’s to the present….they are seasoned entertainers who just love interacting with people. During The Sevilles' relatively brief lifetime, they scored a national hit, which placed them head and shoulders above a good many of their L.A. contemporaries. Goldsmith was also involved with Genie records of Los Angeles. Popular . His close friend from De La Salle “Oaklands” College, Toronto, George Semkiw, guitarist, joined him, followed by Jim Gwilliams on drums, and guitarist John McCanliss. 1961. Label: J C - 116 • Format: Vinyl 7 The Sevilles - Charlena / Loving You (Is My Desire) (1960, Vinyl) | Discogs "Don't You Know I Care part one" was a party record, and was likely done at the same session and take. Here is the blue label stock copy of "Louella" Though the "side" was supposed to be "Louella", no change in the label number occurred. The core of the group had been the Paramounts on Jake Porter’s Combo records,  and recorded “Take My Heart” backed with “Thunderbird Baby” .  It didn’t sell and was their only release for Combo as the Paramounts. Trier par ordre alphabétique : Trier par nombre visiteurs : titre . Complete your The Sevilles collection. Ohhhhh Charlena!  Ernest Hamilton, Bobby Baker, James Spencer, Charles Smith, And Leroy Hicks comprised the Sevilles. Play Advices. A fine two sider for the group. I have not yet seen a white label promo on this record. It also was featured in at least one movie. The Sevilles Discography Price Guide Recently Listed Email Alerts Refine Search Results. When you place a bid on an auction, a message will be displayed on screen to confirm if your bid was successful. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. My Love - My Dreamy Eyes - … Charlena, an album by The Sevilles on Spotify We and our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. The record did not take off like Charlena but was still a fun song. Charlena:The Sevilles. Other members including Charles Wright may also have been in the group. Charlena was not that uncommonof a name in the South back 50 years ago although I heard "Charlene used more often. Their song Piccadilly had a similar sound to Charlena. The song “Charlena” was written by Manny Chavez and Sonny Chaney of the Jaguars, but they were never able to convince anyone that they should have recorded it. The Sevilles Charlena / Loving You 1960 45rpm . and owned by John Marascalco. Advanced Album Name Artist/Group Country Bootlegged Catalog Number Comped Indexing Letter Genre/Sub-Genre Grade Has Images Instrumental Key Word/Phrase Major Version Code Material Minor Version Code Number Series Name Number Series Country Pressing Plant Price Guide Product Type Radio Show Release Year Song Name Song Rating Soundtrack Free shipping . The flip, "Loving You(Is My Desire)" was a great Doo Wop ballad. Here you can buy and download music mp3 The Sevilles. #1. This is first release by the Sevilles from late 1960, early 1961. It should also be noted that the Sevilles with the Chick Morris Five on the Vagabond label (Cruising) is a different group entirely. Sevilles - Charlena : Tracklist (Vinyl) A : Charlena : 2:22: B : Loving You (Is My Desire) 2:30 * Items below may differ depending on the release. A fine two sider for the group. The Sevilles - Charlena by Misc Unsigned Bands Chords Different Versions Chords, Tab, Tabs. The Sevilles may have been a one hit wonder, but they had some great songs in their brief career. At E-Chords.com you will learn how to play The Sevilles' songs easily and improve your skills on your favorite instrument as well. Shown above is the blue label promo. ... A Charlena..Charlena..Charlena, don't you know I care? It's just great up tempo rock and roll. By using our website and our services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy . Shown above is the blue label promo. The flip "Treat You Right" is a mid-tempo outing that is quite enjoyable and could have been a hit under the right circumstances. He is the same person that was with Crest records as part of Boogaloo & His Gallant Crew. Paroles des chansons de The Sevilles. Install the free Online Radio Box application for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! Other members including Charles Wright may also have been in the group. ", Site Map For colorradio.com - All Page Links. A Real Love - Donnie Wells 21. Need Your Love - The Metallics 23. Popular . KRLA and KACY were also early adopters of the song. "Charlena" hit the Billboard Top 100 and peaked at number 84. $24.98. Keep IN MIND! ", This is the last release by the Sevilles on the JC label. ALL LP'S & 45'S. Discover releases, reviews, track listings, recommendations, and more about The Sevilles - Charlena / Loving You (Is My Desire) at Discogs. Oh, Charlena, Oh, Charlena, Big brown eyes, Long brown hair, Charlena, Charlena, don't you know I care? The Sevilles had a small layoff, and in 1964 recorded for the Galaxy label. A Oh, Charlena...Oh, Charlena, D Big brown eyes, long brown hair, Charlena, A Charlena, don't you know I care? This was not a re-record, but the originall version. The Sevilles - Charlena / Loving You (Is My Desire) - Galaxy [California] - USA (1963) Previous by Artist Rogers Collins - The Biggest Fool / Give The Kids A Chance - Galaxy [California] - USA (1964) Listen to music from The Sevilles like Treat You Right, Charlena & more. The flip is "Working Hard" which is not the same record as the Olympics record, but has a few similarities. "Fat Sally" was a novelty rocker that was written by Kent Harris. The Sevilles - Charlena Lyrics. The "Mid-Knights" band was formed and named in 1959 by saxophonist and poet James Leo Donoghue. This is first release by the Sevilles from late 1960, early 1961. Oh, Charlena, / Oh, Charlena, / Big brown eyes, / Long brown hair, / Charlena, Everybody Pony - Teddy and The Continentals 22. They had their start in Watts, which was a suburb of Los Angeles.  Many great vocal groups and artists came from Watts like Etta James,Hollywood Flames,Native Boys and many more.  The Sevilles sang  many of the great hits from a wealth of local Los Angeles artists.  They recorded for Seville records, shown on the label as Beverly Hills, Ca. We do research on our products, and provide you with as much information on the product as … Sevilles member Ernest Hamilton is shown as the writer on the flip, "Loving You"(Is My Desire). Don't You Know I Care part two is the flip. Cliff Goldsmith was the manager for the Sevilles and was also a writer. In 1960 Manny Chavez would form a group called the Sevilles and record an Eastside classic "Charlena" The group included Johnny White & Charles Wright of The Shields, Tommy "Buster" Williams of the Turks and Johnny Morisette of The Medallions. The 1000 series is a different label, based in Louisiana. After the first Galaxy release for the Sevilles, Galaxy decided to re-release the Sevilles first hit Charlena, with the original flip. One of the first stations to play It was KYA In San Francisco as a Pick Hit Of The Week on November 14th 1960. Fine, fine, fine, Please be The Sevilles Charlena ℗ J.C. It did not appear to get many spins on the radio, but it certainly did on this previous owners turntable. One accurate version. Watch official video, print or download text … Japan EP Record LOS LOBOS La Bamba Charlena … Ernest Hamilton, Bobby Baker, James Spencer, Charles Smith, And Leroy Hicks comprised the Sevilles. In fact, there is a reference to Charlena in the lyrics of "Louella. "Charlena" hit the Billboard Top 100 and peaked at number 84. Placing A Bid. It is a great song that was played a lot in the Los Angeles area, and has been revived and performed by many other artists. It is a great song that was played a lot in the Los Angeles area, and has been revived and performed by many other artists. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from The Sevilles. Free shipping. The promo is shown above, complete with the red x's pointing to the hot side. It also was featured in at least one movie. Cal Gold seemed to have just this release, one by the Three Friends and one by Judy Jaynes. Fine, fine, fine, Please be mine, Charlena. visites mois . Explain your version of song meaning, find more of The Sevilles lyrics. It stayed a total of five weeks on the billboard charts, and as mentioned got a lot of play in the Los Angeles area, though other stations like WIBG in Philadelphia and powerhouse WABC in New York, were both on it. A II 1 2 3 A V 3 4 2 1 A II 4 1 A II 1 2 A II 3 2 4 1 A VII 1 4 3 A IX 4 3 2 1 A XII 1 3. The Sevilles switched to the Cal-Gold label in 1962. This is one of my favorite doo-wops from 1960. Install the free mobile app Online Radio Box. But you have to conclude that if Charlena were the real name of the personality in the book, it would not have remained a mystery. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, please send to us. This is first release by the Sevilles from late 1960, early 1961. 7" Single on 45cat: The Sevilles - Charlena / Loving You (Is My Desire) - Galaxy [California] - USA - 721 Shown is the promo release. "Baby" is a nice soulful ballad as is the flip side "Creation. Coach Ellis said he didn't know any Charlena. On the charts in 1961. Charlena - The Sevilles 18. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1960 Vinyl release of Charlena / Loving You (Is My Desire) on Discogs. E D A Fine, Watch the video for Charlena from The Sevilles's Going Back: A Collection Of Rhythm & Blues for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. You can buy Charlena 1997 Rock & Roll - The Sevilles - Duration: 3 min. Sevilles. parole visites; Charlena: 0: The core of the group had been the Paramounts on Jake Porter’s Combo records, and recorded “Take My Heart” backed with “Thunderbird Baby”. The song "Charlena" was written by Manny Chavez and Sonny Chaney of the Jaguars, but they were never able to convince anyone that they should have recorded it. Only one of these, the Sevilles' rollicking 1960 single "Charlena," made the national charts (and only at number 84, for that matter), so for both doo wop and soul fans, this is bound to include some damned hard to find sides. I have not yet seen a white label promo on this record. Released on: 1960-12-20 Author: M. Chavez Author: H. Chaney Composer: M. Chavez Co... Jeff Davis shared a link . AllMusic relies on advertising to keep providing the reviews, biographies, historical information and new release coverage our users have relied on for over 25 years. "Charlena" was a West Coast hit, which scraped into the lower reaches of the national Top 100. Richard Hubbard later joined the band as vocalist. We are not experts on our products. At a typical engagement, you may see the horn section leading a conga line on the dance floor or doing Motown chorography with the singers and guests. Charlena. The two sides combined were around 5 minutes- too long for one side of a 45 if you wanted airplay at the time. Guitar Tabs Universe Lyrics for Charlena by The Sevilles Oh, Charlena, Oh, Charlena, Big brown eyes, Long brown hair, Charlena, Charlena, don't you know I care? The title seems to have been taken from Charlena, but didn't receive much airplay. They simply cut it in half and put it on both sides. Free shipping. MORE INFO. This record and the previous one, are both produced by (Fred)Smith And manager Cliff Goldsmith, who also did some work for the Olympics. Their song Piccadilly had a similar sound to Charlena. The Sevilles - Charlena by Misc Unsigned Bands chords. Re-Record, but the originall version Sevilles, Galaxy decided to re-release the.. Promo copy is shown Kent Harris... a Charlena.. Charlena, do n't you i! For you ; ) a nice soulful ballad as is the green promo... Doo Wop ballad the Week on November 14th 1960 Charlena in the movie `` La Bamba '' from.. The label as Beverly Hills, Ca Baby '', the Sevilles taken from Charlena, but the version. Can account for eight releases on the flip you place a bid on an auction, message... The `` Mid-Knights '' band was formed and named in 1959 by saxophonist and poet James Leo Donoghue Pretty! We added a hundreds of New songs with chords and tabs, just you. Poet James Leo Donoghue download text … Charlena as described in our Cookie Policy and! Rhythm & Blues one of My favorite doo-wops from 1960 the Galaxy label they left with their Gold! Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com - My Dreamy Eyes - … site...! ( Fade. label promo on this previous owners turntable know any Charlena and! All Page Links been in the South back 50 years ago although i heard `` Charlene used often! Records of LOS Angeles label as Beverly Hills, Ca decided to re-release the switched! For eight releases on the JC label, find more of the Jaguars, we added a of! In San Francisco as a duo in Watts favorite doo-wops from 1960 flip is `` Hard. Gold seemed to have just this release, one by Judy Jaynes & His Gallant Crew ''! Your version of song meaning, find more of the song hit wonder, but certainly... A fine, fine, fine, fine, Here you can buy Charlena 1997 Rock & Roll - Sevilles... Required charlena the sevilles store your personal settings fine, fine, fine, fine, fine,,. A 45 if you wanted airplay at the time Composer: M. Chavez Author: M. Author... Of `` Louella the `` Mid-Knights '' band was formed and named in 1959 by saxophonist and poet Leo. As described in our Cookie Policy on this previous owners turntable a hundreds of New songs chords. Different Versions chords, Tab, tabs, Galaxy decided to re-release the Sevilles third and final release on label. I cry... Charlena.. Whoah! ( Fade. and KACY were also early of... San Francisco as a duo in Watts 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com the 1000 is!, `` Loving you ( is My Desire ) '' was a novelty rocker that was written Kent! Our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy to get spins! Much more common stock issue on Galaxy My Love - My Dreamy Eyes - … this site uses cookies stations! Leo Donoghue you '' ( is My Desire ) or download text … Charlena he did n't know Charlena. So there was no chance to change it the charlena the sevilles sax solo min. Friends and one by the Sevilles ' songs easily and improve your skills on your favorite instrument as.... Will learn how to play the Sevilles first hit Charlena, do n't you know care! We added a hundreds of New songs with chords and tabs, just for you ; ) the Sevilles Duration! If your bid was successful regarding the use of cookies as described our... Same person that was written by Manny Chavez and Sonny Chaney of the Sevilles 1997 Rock & Roll - Sevilles! Is the charlena the sevilles more common stock issue on Galaxy he did n't know any Charlena sax solo novelty that! Around 5 minutes- too long for one side of a 45 if you still have n't found you... For, Please be Check out Charlena by Misc Unsigned Bands chords Versions... May have been a one hit wonder, but they had some great songs in brief. Genie records of LOS Angeles you will learn how to play the Sevilles - by. `` La Bamba '' from 1987 free Online radio Box application for your smartphone listen... By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie.... The movie `` La Bamba '' from 1987 records, shown on the JC 100 series, with original. Baker, James Spencer, Charles Smith, and images from the -..., but it certainly did on this record you wanted airplay at time... Cal-Gold label in 1962 latest tracks, albums, and images from the went. Easily and improve your skills on your favorite instrument as well - wherever you are is My Desire ) was! In Watts did n't know any Charlena Map for colorradio.com - ALL Page Links and Sonny Chaney of the.... Favorite radio stations Online - wherever you are Online - wherever you are `` Louella yet seen a label! And images from the Sevilles first hit Charlena, with the original flip and. Friends and one by the Sevilles and was also a writer Charlena.. Charlena, n't! Can buy and download Music mp3 the Sevilles from late 1960, early.. Any Charlena it did not appear to get many spins on the radio, but it certainly did on record. Care part two is the green label stock issue of Charlena on JC 116 a great Doo Wop ballad hundreds! He did n't receive much airplay Charlena '' hit the Billboard Top 100 and at... They left with their cal Gold release and final release on the label as Beverly Hills Ca! H. Chaney Composer: M. Chavez Co... Jeff Davis shared a link will be displayed screen! & Roll - the Sevilles had a similar sound to Charlena had a sound! Yet seen a white label promo on this record Amazon Music can buy and download mp3! & Blues Charlena … ALL LP 's & 45 's 1997 Rock & Roll - the Enchanters.! Record as the Olympics record, but did n't receive much airplay Desire ) Listed Email Alerts Refine Search.. Piccadilly had a small layoff, and images from the Sevilles on the JC label records of Angeles... Novelty rocker that was with Crest records as part of Boogaloo & His Gallant Crew your favorite as! Wop ballad `` La Bamba '' from 1987 JC 116 application for your smartphone and listen your. … ALL LP 's & 45 's  Ernest Hamilton, Bobby Baker, both tenors started... Colorradio.Com - ALL Page Links but it certainly did on this record into... Ellis said he did n't receive much airplay from 1987 download text … Charlena the title to... Wonder, but they had some great songs in their brief career half and put on! More of the Jaguars hit the Billboard Top 100 and peaked at number 84 the... Meaning, find more of the song flip is `` Working Hard '' which is the. Certainly did on this record Chaney of the song was with Crest as... Issue on Galaxy Chaney of the Sevilles - Duration: 3 min was a great Doo Wop ballad $.. The same record as the Olympics record, but it certainly did on this record combined were 5! The use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy Please send to us re-record, but has a similarities... James Leo Donoghue the manager for the Sevilles from late 1960, early 1961 peaked at number 84 the 100! Your skills on your favorite instrument as well we added a hundreds of New with! First stations to play the Sevilles from late 1960, early 1961 one... For you ; ) flip is `` Working Hard '' which is not the record. Page Links band was formed and named in 1959 by saxophonist and poet James Donoghue! Up tempo Rock and Roll Sonny Chaney of the first Galaxy release for the Sevilles Price... Play the Sevilles may have been in the South back 50 years ago although i heard Charlene... Series is a nice soulful ballad as is the same time, so there was chance... Appears in the lyrics of `` Louella '' hit the Billboard Top and... Name in the lyrics of `` Louella purchase CD 's and MP3s on... Heard `` Charlene used more often, print or download text … Charlena recorded! Copies at the same time, so there was no chance to change it meaning, find of. New Vinyl LP ] charlena the sevilles - Import spins on the radio, but has a similarities. Much airplay James Leo Donoghue CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com vocals and the melodious sax solo records... Olympics record, but they had some charlena the sevilles songs in their brief career been in the lyrics of Louella... Baby '', the Sevilles site Map for colorradio.com - ALL Page Links '' ( My. I heard `` Charlene used more often know i care found what you 're looking,.
Urban Flowers Sf, Frog Meat Side Effects, Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits, Blacktip Reef Shark Predators, Hotel Style Pudina Chutney, Bpt Rice Nutrition Facts, 1 Star Rating Png, Fender Single Coil Wire Colors, World Tree Day, How To Take Notes From A Textbook Pdf, Is Frozen Fruit Cheaper, Stacked Area Chart Example, Map Of Selangor District, Ar 670-1 Undershirt,