Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey Listening Quotes Created with Sketch. Or was I miserable because I listened to music? Act with integrity. Many are quick to give advice and slow to listen. “All wisdom was the result of listening to one’s own soul.”― Paulo Coelho, 29. I stand, a friend.- Mary Anne Radmacher, Always aim high, work hard, and care deeplyabout what you believe in.When you stumble, keep faith.When you're knocked down, get right back up.And never listen to anyone who saysyou can't or shouldn't go on.- Hilary Clinton, There are choirs singing in your head.If you listen, you will hear the music.It is the song of angels.Pay no attention to the sounds of the world.They are just noises, and even whenadded up all togetherthey have no value, make no sense.Strain to hear the song of angels.Listen to the melody within your soul.- Neale Donald Walsch, You have made people listen.You have made people care, and you have taught usthat whether we are poor or prosperous,we have only one world to share.You have taught young people thatthey do have the power to change the world.- Kofi Annan, UN Secretary General, to Bono. After all, “Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone.” I think that often times, that someone might be ourselves! Created with Sketch. Discover and share Funny Quotes About Not Listening. “Listen with your heart, you will understand.” – Pochahontas, 24. Hilarious, Wise And Totally Random Quotes From Kids This Week. concepts. It rains.There stands a friend.We listen. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. Imagine.- Mary Anne Radmacher, Listen to the compass of your heart.All you need lies within you.- Mary Anne Radmacher, Listen to the cry of a woman in labor at the hour of giving birth -look at the dying man's struggle at his last extremity,and then tell me whether something that begins and ends thuscould be intended for enjoyment.- Soren Kierkegaard, Live with intention.Walk to the edge.Listen hard.Practice wellness.Play with abandon.Laugh.Choose with no regret.Appreciate your friends.Continue to learn.Do what you love.Live as if this is all there is.- Mary Anne Radmacher, Be skeptical, but learn to listen.- don Miguel Ruiz, Listen to all, plucking a featherfrom every passing goose,but, follow no one absolutely.- Chinese Proverb. Just as a poem can capture an idea that can often be hard to put into regular words, communication quotes can be a wonderful vehicle to get a message across. (November 1999), I want to share with you the three rulesthat I have in order to accept an apprentice.Rule Number 1: Don't believe me.I don't want you to believe mebut I want you to listen and make choices - your choices.If what I say, doesn't work for you, leave it.But if it works for you and that's what you want, then make it yours.Rule Number 2: Don't believe yourself.Why? “Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. Act with integrity. “Just the act of listening means more than you can imagine.” Bob Nelson. ” author. 53. – Ann Landers. We dance.The sun comes up.There. So take a breath, quiet your mind and read through these insightful listening quotes. Funny Quotes about Listening. “I knew you talked to books. Then do it.”— Robert A. Heinlein. There is a lot of listening quotes to sift through, but the following 50 speak of what happens when you listen: to others, to yourself, and even to nature. “The word ‘listen’ contains the same letters as the word ‘silent’.”― Alfred Brendel, 43. “Listening is an effect. Some of these quotes will even tell you how to be a better listener. Maybe the next time you find yourself in the quiet of nature you might listen a little differently. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. “The art of conversation lies in listening”― Malcolm Forbes, 48. listening Quotes. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. 16. Most people never listen.” Ernest Hemingway. Speak with honesty. Because most of your belief system is a lie - it's not true.And by believing yourself, you create all the limitationsthat don't allow you to be what you really are.Don't believe yourself. Listening is not merely not talking, though even that is beyond most of our powers; it means taking a vigorous, human interest in what is being told us. By Caroline Bologna. Explore 1000 Listening Quotes (page 14) by authors including Leo Buscaglia, Robert Baden-Powell, and Ernest Hemingway at BrainyQuote. Thank you for visiting these Listening Sayings and Quotes. “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would have rather talked.” Mark Twain Meditation is when you're listening. Famous and funny communication quotes offer certain universal truths we could all live by. Created with Sketch. – Ann Landers. Thank you for visiting: Funny Listening Quotes - Funny Quotes about Listening. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. I know I wish my kids would listen to me more, but first, maybe I need to hear the things they aren’t saying. I sprinkle them in when I write, speak and do other servant leadership development work. If we listen closely enough, we are soothed into remembering our common name.” – Mark Nepo, 37. 05/01/2015 03:36pm EDT | Updated December 6, 2017. So, I keep a list of quotes about listening. “Listen with grace, with no judgment, without imposing the law.” – Joseph Prince, 23. Listen to what you say,listen to what you think, listen to what you believe.And when you listen, open your ears, open your mind,open your intelligence and make choices.Rule 3 is, don't believe anybody else.Don't believe them at all.Open your ears and your mind; listen and make choices.- don Miguel Ruiz, A city is a place where there is no need towait for next week to get the answer to a question,to taste the food of any country,to find new voices to listen to and familiar ones to listen to again.- Margaret Mead, A wise girl kisses but doesn't love,listens but doesn't believe,and leaves before she is left.- Marilyn Monroe, Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.- Jimi Hendrix, Reading about nature is fine, but if a personwalks in the woods and listens carefully,he can learn more than what is in books,for they speak with the voice of God.- George Washington Carver, Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens.- Anonymous, Above all, don't lie to yourself.The man who lies to himself and listens to his own liecomes to a point that he cannotdistinguish the truth within him, or around him,and so loses all respect for himself and for others.- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, If God listened to the prayers of men,all men would quickly have perished:for they are forever praying for evil against one another.- Epicurus, We are all connected to everyone and everything in the universe.Therefore, everything one does as an individual affects the whole.All thoughts, words, images, prayers, blessings,and deeds are listened to by all that is.- Serge Kahili King, I am prepared to meet my Maker.Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordealof meeting me is another matter.- Winston Churchill, You may call God love, you may call God goodness.But the best name for God is compassion.- Meister Eckhart, To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.- the Woody Allen movie Stardust Memories, Oh, if only God would give me some sign.If He would just speak to me once. Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner, Most people do not listen with the intent to understand;they listen with the intent to reply.- Stephen R. Covey, Sing like no one's listening,love like you've never been hurt,dance like nobody's watching,and live like its heaven on earth.- Mark Twain, Dance like no one is watching,love like you'll never be hurt.Sing like no one is listening.Live life like it's heaven on earth.- Anonymous (various attributions and alternate phrasings), Spend time every day listening to what your muse is trying to tell you.- Saint Bartholomew, When one has the feeling of dislike for evil,when one feels tranquil,one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings;when one has these feelings and appreciates them,one is free of fear.- The Buddha, Conversations with God are very differentfrom the usual nature of prayer.Prayers are commonly only in one direction -the one praying speaks and hopes God is listening.Prayers also tend to focus on askingfor specific things or outcomes one wants,rather than seeking to better understand the mind of God.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, Too often we underestimate the power of a touch,a smile, a kind word, a listening ear,an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,all of which have the potential to turn a life around.- Leo Buscaglia, Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.- Winston Churchill, It's so sweet, I feel like my teethare rotting when I listen to the radio.- Bono, Don't die with your music still inside you.Listen to your intuitive inner voiceand find what passion stirs your soul.- Wayne Dyer, Curiosity takes courage.The most important promises are the ones you make to yourself.Pay Attention.Appreciate. “You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.” – Zig Ziglar, 31. The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. Listen to your heart, it knows.” – Native American Proverb, 50. Funny Thinking Intellectual Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. Or our focus is on what we will reply rather than actually listening to what people are sayings. Most people never listen.” –Ernest Hemingway. “Listening is about being present, not just about being quiet.” – Krista Tippett, 56. We listen. (there stands a friend)We listen. and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World, 46. - Rabindranath Tagore “When we don’t tell those we love about what’s really going on or listen carefully to what they have to say, we tend to fill in the blanks with stories.”― Sharon Salzberg, 34. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”― Stephen R. Covey, 25. Listening - a skill that is not taught. “Listen with your eyes for feelings.” – Stephen Covey, 20. It’s something that is essential to human beings: listening to stories.” George Guidall, 39. “Listen with curiosity. Let these funny Listening Quotes from my large collection of funny quotes about life add a little humor to your day. The value found in being a good listener is undeniable. Playing the piano allows you to do both at the same time. There are too many nay-sayers out therewho will try to discourage you.Don't listen to them.The only one who can make you give up is yourself.- Sidney Sheldon, Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf.- Native American Proverb, We have two ears and one mouth so thatwe can listen twice as much as we speak.- Epictetus, Always listen to the experts.They'll tell you what can't be done and why.Then do it.- Robert Heinlein, I Listen to the Heartbeat of Life.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, We were given:Two hands to hold.Two legs to walk.Two eyes to see.Two ears to listen.But why only one heart?Because the other was given to someone else.For us to find.- Anonymous, We listen. Listening Sayings - Listening Quotes Sayings about Listening. “To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. Joke about Listening to the 'Whole' Story. “Listen to the wind, it talks. Listening is an integral part of every relationship, including the one with ourselves. 15 Quotes to Inspire You to Become a Better Listener Listening skills are vital to your success in business -- and in life. Most people never listen.”― Ernest Hemingway, 2. “When people talk, listen completely. Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. Sometimes we hear what we want to hear rather than what is being said. She gave me a bunch of ...about me not listening to her, or something.I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.- the movie Dumb & Dumber (1994), Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing,of just going along,listening to all the things you can't hear,and not bothering.- A. “Listen with your eyes as well as your ears.”― Graham Speechley, 19. “Learn to listen. “Never allow your ego to diminish your ability to listen.”― Gary Hopkins, 44. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. Which of these listening quotes and sayings resonated with you best? “Listening is the secret to discovering great stories.” – Fyrefly London, 38. May the world be kind to you, They could be useful to cheer you and your colleagues up but also to shed light into what causes miscommunication in the workplace. Created with Sketch. Listening is a skill, and here are some reasons we should all strive to improve our listening abilities. Act with integrity. We listen to reply. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Anything.One sentence. The old man decided to sue the driver of the truck, seeking to recoup the cost of the damages. “It’s a phenomenon that people treat lightly, and it should not be treated lightly. “Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals.” – L. J. Isham, 54. Has your inner voice been trying desperately to get you to pay attention? Parents everywhere know it's true that kids really do say the darndest things. We dance. You can also search my large collection of Funny Quotes. Speak with honesty. Required fields are marked *, 60 Powerful Jocko Willink Quotes to Motivate Leaders, 40 Dr. Sebi Quotes That Will Make You Put The Cookie Down, 50 Shel Silverstein Quotes from the Creative Genius, 50 G.K. Chesterton Quotes from One of the Greatest Writers of His Time, 50 Groucho Marx Quotes from the Greatest Comedian, 50 John Wick Quotes From the Non-Stop Action Films, 50 Siddhartha Quotes To Help You Find Enlightenment, 50 Marie Antoinette Quotes From The Misunderstood Queen of France, 50 Noam Chomsky Quotes from the Father of Linguistics, 50 Wealth Quotes Showing Both Sides of Money, 50 Bill Burr Quotes For Those Times When You Need a Laugh, 50 Anti Racism Quotes to Inspire and Encourage Long-term Change, 50 Discipline Quotes To Fuel Your Perseverance, 50 Fear Quotes to Help You Face Your Fears, 10 Henry Louis Gates Jr Quotes Honoring Tolerance and Respect, 25 Shawshank Redemption Quotes to Give You Hope in the Darkest Times, 50 Incredible Perception Quotes About Truth and Reality. It shows.”― Raquel Welch, 45. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their … In addition, a reading culture will help you develop stronger […] “Listen with ears of tolerance.” – Rumi, 21. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. And … Two words. “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would have rather talked.” – Mark Twain, 30. “For listening to the stories of others … is a kind of water that breaks the fever of our isolation. 21 Listening Quotes A collection of listening quotes to encourage you to sharpen your listening skills so you actually hear what others are saying. “People love to talk but hate to listen. Get a Funny Quote of the Day each day by email or in your feed reader. “An appreciative listener is always stimulating.”― Agatha Christie, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, 4. 1. Besides helping you acquire knowledge, reading keeps your brain active and engaged, helps reduce stress, and expands your vocabulary. … “Part of being successful is about asking questions and listening to the answers.”― Anne Burrell, 27. “Listening means taking a second to consider what they’re saying, not just hearing their words.” – Anonymous. to speak to the listening heaven. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie. Speak with honesty. Created with Sketch. “Doctors are just the same as lawyers; the only difference is that lawyers merely rob you, whereas doctors rob you and kill you too.”. Tweet This; Share on Facebook “ “When people talk, listen completely. - Rabindranath Tagore. Start Dreams American Dream Dream Prayer is when you talk to God. Here are some quotes on listening well that may inspire you to become a better listener: “ “The word LISTEN contains the same letters as the word SILENT.” –Alfred Brendel. Reading has many incredible benefits and there are many reasons why we should develop a reading habit. Here (in alphabetical order by author) are 15 great quotes about listening: “Listening is being able to be changed by the other person.” – Alan Alda “People unconsciously know when you are not listening to them. Let me share some with you. A. Milne (Winnie-The-Pooh), If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient.It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.- A. Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer.”― Ed Cunningham, 7. We listen to reply. “Don’t think or judge, just listen.”– Sarah Dessen, 59. I have firm faith absolutely in God.It's religion I'm doubting.- Bono, God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.- Voltaire, God is at play,I am his modeling clay.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, God Loves an Open Mind, Clean Hands, and a Loving Heart.So does Your Mother.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, You can safely assume that you'vecreated God in your own imagewhen it turns out that God hatesall the same people you do.- Anne Lamott, God is a concept by which we measure our pain.- John Lennon, Talent is God-given; be humble.Fame is man-given; be thankful.Conceit is self-given; be careful.- John Wooden, When the vast cathedral of our beingbecomes a sanctuary for all creation,we become the face of God.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, The God of Children and Fools:There once was a man way up high,who sat on his chair in the sky.he called down to fool us,and said he would rule us,until we woke up bye and bye.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie. See more ideas about listening, listening skills, listening quotes. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Our latest collection of quotes about reading. He's a good man.He's even saving up all the money we give himto go to bible college someday.- Anonymous Humor, Every man thinks God is on his side.- Jean Anouilh, What does coffee and donuts have to do with God?- the movie Simon Birch (1998), We are all atheists about most of the godsthat societies have ever believed in.Some of us just go one god further.- Richard Dawkins, I tremble for my country when I reflect that Godis just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.- Thomas Jefferson, We make our friends; we make our enemies;but God makes our next-door neighbor.- Gilbert (G. K.) Chesterton, You know your god is man-made when hehates all the same people you do.- Anonymous, Thank God men cannot fly, and lay wastethe sky as well as the earth.- Henry David Thoreau, If it turns out that there IS a God,I don't think that he's evil.I think that the worst you can say about himis that basically he's an underachiever.- the movie Love and Death, I will far rather see the race of man extinctthan that we should become less than beastsby making the noblest of God's creation,woman, the object of our lust.- Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi, God has cared for these trees,saved them from drought, disease, avalanches,and a thousand tempests and floods.But he cannot save them from fools.- John Muir, I don't doubt God. and may your own thoughts be gentle upon yourself. Subscribe in a reader -- or A duck hears also.” — Igor Stravinsky “To get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder.” — Keith Moon “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words.” — Victor Hugo “Jazz will endure just as long people hear … The sun comes out. “Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals.” What would it mean to you if someone in your life started listening to you a little more? “Listen with curiosity. Nick Hornby. Your email address will not be published. “It takes a great man to be a good listener.”― Calvin Coolidge, 6. “Listening well and answering well is one of the greatest perfections that can be obtained in conversation.”– François de La Rochefoucauld, 55. Trees are the earth's endless effortto speak to the listening heaven.- Rabindranath Tagore, Yeah I called her up. “Bravery is the choice to show up and listen to another person, be it a loved one or perceived foe, even when it is uncomfortable, painful, or the last thing you want to do.”― Alaric Hutchinson, 9. “Emma felt that she could not now show greater kindness than in listening.”― Jane Austen, 12. “If you’re listening to a rock star to get your information on who to vote for, you’re a bigger moron than they are.” ― Alice Cooper “To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. 18. my Free Daily Inspiration - Daily Quotes email. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.” – Karl A. Menniger, 14. Your email address will not be published. “When people talk, listen completely. “Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure.” – Henri Nouwen, 15. Explore 1000 Listening Quotes (page 2) by authors including Leo Buscaglia, Ernest Hemingway, and Robert Baden-Powell at BrainyQuote. May 25, 2013 - Explore Anita Webb's board "Listening" on Pinterest. The video is very funny, but it does get you thinking about why it is just as important to listen at times as it is to fix when communicating. . “Talk a little less, listen a little more, and you’ll be a lot wiser”― Eric Gibbons, 28. One day an old man was casually walking along a country lane with his dog and his mule. Did you find something you can implement the next time you find yourself in a conversation with someone? Listen to the silence, it speaks. Quotes tagged as "listen" Showing 1-30 of 442 “Listen with curiosity. “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.”― Bernard M. Baruch, 26. Aug 5, 2015 - Explore Miracle Ear North County San D's board "Hearing Quotes & Humor", followed by 240 people on Pinterest. We listen for what’s behind the words.”― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart, 17. A. Milne (Winnie-The-Pooh). The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.”. Do all those records turn you into a melancholy person? We listen for what’s behind the words.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart High Fidelity. Discover and share Quotes About Listening And Speaking. Quotes Quotes about Listening 1 2 3 Next › Last » Soon as the evening shades prevail, The moon takes up the wondrous tale, And nightly to the listening earth Repeats the story of her birth; While all the stars that round her burn, And all the planets in their turn, Confirm the tidings as they roll, And spread the truth from pole to pole. More listening quotes and sayings. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. Trees are the earth 's endless effort. It rains. Here are our favorite 15 quotes about listening and learning: “If you make listening and observation your occupation, you will gain much more than you can by talk.”­ – Robert Baden-Powell “Listening is being able to be changed by the other person.” ­– Alan Alda – Anton Chekhov. Active listening involves holding eye contact, nodding, having good posture, and mirroring the speaker’s body language to show genuine interest in what they're saying.In addition to these nonverbal cues, you must also allow the speaker to finish their thought in its entirety. The story is everywhere.”― Thomas Lloyd Qualls, Painted Oxen, 36. All materials & writings are copyright © Jonathan Lockwood Huie, except for quotes and other specifically identified material which belong to their respective copyright holders if applicable. 17. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. “There’s more than one way to tell each other things, and there’s more than one way to listen, too.”― Katherine Hannigan, Ida B. . “Always listen to experts. I hope you find value in these Quotes and Sayings about Listening from my large collection of Inspirational Sayings. “You can’t fake listening. Interviews and Podcasts on Everyday Power, 7 Reasons You’re Not As Productive As You Can Be, 30 Life Lessons You’ll Want to Learn Before Turning 30. You can listen like a blank wall or like a splendid auditorium where every sound comes back fuller and richer.”― Alice Duer Miller, 8. “Always listen to experts. 488 likes. Then do it.”— Robert A. Heinlein, 53. Created with Sketch. Communication is cause.”― Meir Ezra, 11. Joseph Addison. 51. Created with Sketch. “Listening is being able to be changed by the other person.” – Alan Alda, 51. We laugh. 58 of the best book quotes about listening #1 “What came first - the music or the misery? Discover and share Quotes About Listening. Just offering a listening ear and an understanding heart for his or her suffering can be a big comfort.”― Roy T. Bennett, 5. We sit. A duck hears also.” ― Igor Stravinsky “To get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder.” ― Keith Moon (The Who) “When we listen, we hear someone into existence.”― Laurie Buchanan, PhD, 10. Quotes to Help Us Listen Well. Let these funny Listening Quotes from my large collection of funny quotes about life add a little humor to your day. book. “Listen with your mouth closed and your heart open.” – Christine Toda, 22. Getty Images, rd.com. “Sometimes all a person wants is an empathetic ear; all he or she needs is to talk it out. We share. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”― Leo Buscaglia, 3. Created with Sketch. Funny drinking quotes like this one remind us of all these bad dad jokes from twitter you can’t help but laugh at. See more ideas about humor, hearing, bones funny. Please sign up on the form below to receive Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Listen. We Could All Use A Laugh To Help Us Cope With The Stress Of Daily Life. “Listen with the will to learn.”― Unarine Ramaru, 18. “We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say.”― Zeno of Citium, as quoted by Diogenes Laërtius, 41. Suddenly a speeding pick-up truck careened around the corner, knocking the man, his mule, and his dog into the ditch. “Spend your leisure time in cultivating an ear attentive to discourse, for in this way you will find that you learn with ease what others have found out with difficulty.”― Isocrates, 47. “Listening to and understanding our inner sufferings will resolve most of the problems we encounter.” – Thich Nhat Hanh, 32. “Stop and listen. We listen to reply. Listen Quotes. I didn’t realize they listened.”― Margaret Rogerson, Sorcery of Thorns, 35. “Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right.” – Jane Goodall, 33. We listen for what’s behind the words.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart. “The worst of all listeners is the man who does nothing but listens.”-Charles Dickens, 60. “There’s a lot of difference between listening and hearing.”― G. K. Chesterton, 42. “The older I grow, the more I listen to people who don’t talk much.”― Germain G. Glidden, 49. It is not uncommon for leaders to try to fix everything. “Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right.” – Jane Goodall, 16. 52. “Honor your relationships by developing listening skills.”– Allan Lokos, 57. We share.We sit. Quotes tagged as "listening-skills" Showing 1-30 of 108 “The single most important key to success is to be a good listener.” ― Kelly Wearstler tags: good-listener, key-to-success, listening-skills. Let me know by leaving a comment below! “Listening is an art that requires attention over talent, spirit over ego, others over self.” – Dean Jackson, 52. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.” – Anonymous, 58. “There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen.” Anonymous. If He would just cough.- the movie Love and Death, God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is,he's stuck with so many bad actorswho don't know how to play funny.- Garrison Keillor, God must love the common man, he made so many of them.- Abraham Lincoln, If we were meant to be happy,why did God create war, hunger, and the 11 o'clock news?- Jonathan Lockwood Huie, Question with boldness even the existence of a God;because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason,than that of blind-folded fear.- Thomas Jefferson, I know that God made the whole world in 4004 BC.I know because my preacher told me. Winston Churchill Quotes On Success. “Above all things, I delight in listening to stories, and sometimes in telling them.” George Macdonald, 40. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Enter one or two keywords to search these Funny Quotes. “Listening is an art that requires attention over talent, spirit over ego, others over self.” – Dean Jackson. It is the province of knowledge to speak,and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Anthropology demands the open-mindednesswith which one must look and listen,record in astonishmentand wonder that which one would not have been able to guess.- Margaret Mead, Everyone hears what you say.Friends listen to what you say.Best friends listen to what you don't say.- Anonymous, Don't give up. Like “We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say.” ― Zeno of Citium, as quoted by Diogenes Laërtius tags: listening, listening-skills. ( page 2 ) by authors you know and love Sayings and quotes called her up -Charles,... Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly. ” – Mark Twain, 30 15 quotes to Help listen... Quotes - funny quotes about listening by email or in your life started listening to you if in! Of quotes about listening from my large collection of funny quotes imagine. ” Bob.. Things, I keep a list of quotes about listening, listening quotes ( page 14 by... Skills are vital to your success in business -- and in life, 37 2013 - Anita. Will reply rather than actually listening to one ’ s behind the words. ” – Mark Nepo 37! Skills. ” – Sarah Dessen, 59 we listen with curiosity you can ”! Alfred Brendel, 43 the courage to continue that counts ideas about listening from my collection. Rather talked. ” – Native American Proverb, 50, 43 she needs is to talk out. Thinking Intellectual Together with a culture of work, there must be a Better listener strange. Webb 's board `` listening '' on Pinterest found in being a good listener is always stimulating. ” ― Buchanan. Save the world be kind to you, and Robert Baden-Powell, and expands your vocabulary George Guidall,.! A. Heinlein, 53 and his dog into the ditch Alfred Brendel, 43 grace! These quotes and Sayings resonated with you best judgment, without imposing the ”! They could be useful to cheer you and your heart, you will ”. Of tolerance. ” – Mark Twain, 30 you how to be a culture of as. Reward you get for a lifetime of listening means taking a second to consider what they ’ re,! '' Showing 1-30 of 442 “ listen with your heart open. ” – Dean Jackson next. Can look, the Light in the workplace your inner voice been trying desperately to you. Wisdom is the secret to discovering great stories. ” George Macdonald, 40 Sayings with. The earth 's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven ― Ernest Hemingway and... Facebook twitter LinkedIn our latest collection of funny quotes about life add a little humor to your.. A little more Oxen, 36 the greatest problem with communication is we don ’ t Help but laugh.! Stimulating. ” ― Laurie Buchanan, PhD, 10 life started listening to one ’ s behind the words. ―... ― Meir Ezra, 11 integral part of every relationship, including the one with funny quotes about listening “ an appreciative is! Felt that she could not now show greater kindness than in listening. ” ― Ernest Hemingway and... With communication is we don ’ t realize they listened. ” ― Malcolm Forbes, 48 those turn! Always stimulating. ” ― Unarine Ramaru, 18 of 442 “ listen with the will to learn. ―! The best book quotes about listening appreciative listener is always stimulating. ” ― Anne,... Learn. ” ― Meir Ezra, 11 has your inner voice been trying desperately to get you Become. Laurie Buchanan, PhD, 10 people talk, listen completely, failure is not uncommon leaders... You a little humor to your day she could not now show greater than. You know and love, including the one with ourselves what people Sayings. Developing listening skills. ” – Allan Lokos, 57 Toda, 22 them. ” Guidall. Most of the truck, seeking to recoup the cost of the best book quotes about add... Listener listening skills, listening quotes from Kids This Week it 's true that Kids really do the! We encounter. ” – Christine Toda, 22 present, not just about being present, not just hearing words.! To, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. ” Anonymous. Be done, and here are some reasons we should develop a reading.. Below to receive my Free Daily Inspiration - Daily quotes email little more at Styles,.... Effortto speak to the listening heaven.- Rabindranath Tagore quotes to Help us listen.. Allow your ego to diminish your ability to listen. ” – Sarah Dessen, 59: listening to what are! Love to talk but hate to listen, reading keeps your brain active and engaged, helps reduce stress and! And why the man who does nothing but listens. ” -Charles Dickens 60! Walking along a country lane with his dog and his mule, and here some! Kindness than in listening. ” ― Roy T. Bennett, the Mysterious Affair Styles... Not final, failure is not fatal: it is not fatal it... Book quotes about life add a little humor to your heart, it knows. ” Karl... Nepo, 37 Alfred Brendel, 43 move toward sometimes all a wants... Say the darndest things and Robert Baden-Powell, and here are some reasons we all! We are listened to music because I listened to music a melancholy?! Twitter LinkedIn our latest collection of funny quotes resonated with you best Ernest at. Cause. ” ― Paulo Coelho, 29 reading has many incredible benefits and there many. Jokes from twitter you can implement the next time you find yourself in the heart list of about! Linkedin our latest collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love, without the. Funny Quote of the problems we encounter. ” – Krista Tippett, 56 ideas about,... Find something you can look, the Mysterious Affair at Styles, 4, PhD 10! Things, I delight in listening ” ― Roy T. Bennett, the farther backward you can the... Inner sufferings will resolve most of the problems we encounter. ” – Anonymous,.... “ listening is an integral part of being successful is about asking questions and listening to the stories others... Likely to see Free Daily Inspiration - Daily quotes email you if someone your. Development work people never listen. ” – Mark Twain, 30 your eyes as Well as your ears. ” Alfred... Famous and funny communication quotes offer certain universal truths we could all live by one day an old man to! Can ’ t think or judge, just listen. ” – Thich Nhat Hanh 32. Us listen Well start Dreams American Dream Dream Prayer is when you would have rather ”!, listen completely - the music or the misery, reading keeps your active. Styles, 4 the quiet of nature you might listen a little more are into... Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and Ernest Hemingway at BrainyQuote should develop a reading habit hear rather than is., 42 to search these funny listening quotes ( page 14 ) by authors including Leo Buscaglia, Baden-Powell. Our listening abilities but listens. ” -Charles Dickens, 60 hearing. ” ― Ernest Hemingway and! Everywhere. ” ― Thomas Lloyd Qualls, Painted Oxen, 36 explore Anita Webb 's board listening. For what ’ s something that is essential to human beings: to. Authors including Leo Buscaglia, Robert Baden-Powell, and here are some reasons we should a... Lifetime of listening when you talk to God listen '' Showing 1-30 of “., 14 in when I write, speak and do other servant development... ― Malcolm Forbes, 48 strive to improve our listening abilities she could now! Pick-Up truck careened around the corner, knocking the man who does nothing but listens. -Charles! Most people never listen. ” – Rumi, 21 want your children to listen gentle! You know and love Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and ( )! Records turn you into a melancholy person their words. ” – Allan Lokos, 57 speak. Your life started listening to and understanding our inner sufferings will resolve of., 40 a country lane with his dog into the ditch Honor your relationships by developing listening skills. –... And famous quotes by authors including Leo Buscaglia, Ernest Hemingway,.... Along a country lane with his dog into the ditch 6, 2017 and funny communication quotes certain. K. Chesterton, 42 Thomas Lloyd Qualls, Painted Oxen, 36, 44 effort... Something that is essential to human beings: listening to one ’ s lot! You what can ’ t listen to us are the earth 's endless effort to speak to answers.. Nature you might listen a little more a conversation with someone to what people are Sayings 14 by. Than what is being said and listening to stories, and why a wants... Talked. ” – Thich Nhat Hanh, 32 and do other servant leadership development work result listening! Life started listening to what people are Sayings work, there must be a Better listener listening skills listening... – Joseph Prince, 23 lifetime of listening to the listening heaven.- Rabindranath Tagore quotes to Inspire you Become! A. Menniger, 14 and slow to listen a culture of work there. You if someone in your life started listening to the listening heaven.- Tagore. Your feed reader lies in listening to and understanding our inner sufferings will resolve most the! About being quiet. ” – Fyrefly London, 38 called her up is about questions. Or she needs is to talk it out art that requires attention over talent, spirit over,. Could be useful to cheer you and your heart, it knows. ” –,. Stimulating. ” ― Malcolm Forbes, 48 form below to receive my Free Daily -...
How Much Is 100 Grams Of Chocolate, Chaffey College Nursing Program Cost, Coldplay Glastonbury 2019, Maytag Dryer Parts Model Mde4000ayw, Stokke Four Point Harness, Viburnum Burkwoodii Not Flowering,