I've bought two of these. I should have heeded others reviews about this machete not being any good but I figured I'd try it for myself. Was the information on this page helpful. There are five rivets on the bottom of the sheath and two rivets bordering the strap on top. Condition: We are an operating … We're sorry, midwayusa.com requires JavaScript and it appears to be disabled. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I didn't need to use the axe at all. I initially liked the machete due to its size and weight distribution. Gerber Legendary Blades is an American maker of consumer knives, multitools, and other tools headquartered in Tigard, Oregon, United States, within the Portland metropolitan area.Currently, Gerber is a sub division of Fiskars Brands Inc, owned by the Fiskars company of Finland. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. very poor quality and using Bear Grylis name is shameful, Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2017. List price was $52.00 our price was $44.99 now $36.99, List price was $48.00 our price was $39.99 now $33.99, List price was $35.99 our price was $20.99 now $17.49, List price was $59.95 our price was $44.99 now $33.34, List price was $29.99 our price was $20.99 now $16.99, List price was $34.99 our price was $21.99 now $15.99. Ability to lash to stick or pole for greater reach. I purchased this tool to clear brush from my property in Alaska. Blade. Im sure Grylls is making his share, but should have been more hands on, in supporting a project bearing his name and reputation.... One swing cuts through 2" thick bamboo stalks, again and again. The Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Parang Machete is a smaller, lighter version of the original Gerber Parang Machete that is easier to pack and easier on users when employed for extended periods. Gerber… The Gerber took down most of the bamboo stalks with was swing some up to about 2 inches think. Let the pictures be your judge of this product. warranty. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Designed with direct input from Bear himself, this blade features innovations not found on other knives. It is a perfect size - not too big or too little. I am quite impressed, especially for the price. Add in 70-plus years of knife and gear expertise and you have a potent combination. Condition is "Used". Sharp at first, dented more over time. Please try your search again later. Gerber has teamed up with survivalist, Bear Grylls… Gerber Bear Grylls Canteen Water Bottle & Cooking Cup Now £34.99 $38.89 39,22 € £29.16 $38.89 32,68 € Was £49.99 $55.56 56,03 € £41.66 $55.56 46,69 € I needed to clear a "thick" of bamboo stalks. Compact - Saw blade retracts into handle. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. This is where Gerber’s Bear Grylls Parang Machete comes in as quite different from the norm. ottimo qualitivamente, acquistato per l'utilizzo nel bosto durante la raccolta legna, maneggevole e non troppo pesante. Product Reviews are not compatible with your browser. It’s a sharp machete, it’s SHARP right out the box. Also the case only fits on a small belt. GERBER BEAR GRYLLS | Kukri Machete (31-002074) $84.95 inc GST. Product #075-5290-0. I placed the branches on the grass and with two good whacks those branches were manageable timber. There was a problem completing your request. Please try again. Priorities of Survival - Pocket guide contains Bear's … No stars I purchased this in winter the first time used the blade got gouges from trying to clean small wood branches... very poor quality and using Bear Grylis name is shameful! Gerber Bear Grylls Sliding Saw. I used this once last week, first time since I bought it in January and made one chop at a small tree, and a piece broke out of the middle of the machete, the size of a penny. I just purchased the Fiskars Axe and Knife Sharpener, Black, 78616984J from amazon for around 10 bucks and got the parang paper cutting sharp! Freescape Camp Kitchen Knife The Freescape Camp Kitchen Knife is inspired by a Santoku chef’s knife. Features. Lol. Balanced for optimum handling, this Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Knife has an overall length of 10 inches and weighs just 11.2 ounces — 14.72 ounces with the included sheath. This Parang features … Blade has nicks and scratches-handle also has scratches. I look forward to when the brush becomes overgrown so I can use it again. Just About Everything® Was not impressed with this product, I should of bought it locally so it could be returned easily. 26 reviews. Gerber 31-001683 Bear Grylls Paracord … I have No idea what all of the naysayers claiming that this blade is cheap etc we’re talking about. Purtroppo devo dire che, nonostante l'accattivante estetica, sia un prodotto di scarsa qualità. Additional charges for Non Free Shipping products, products shipping to remote locations, HazMat products, and large or heavy items still apply. Founded in 1939, Gerber is an American brand that is dedicated to crafting problem-solving, life-saving knives, multi-tools, cutting tools, and equipment. Great Machete!There is nothing wrong with machete that common sense usage won’t resolve. Learn how you can enable Javascript. I WAS WRONG! In May 1998, at the age of 23, Grylls entered the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest Briton to summit Mount Everest, just 18 months after badly ... Gerber. GERBER Bear Grylls Parang Machete Model No. The machete measures 19.5 inches with a blade length of 13.5 inches. Automatic Knives Bear Grylls Tactical, Camp, Hunt Fixed Blade Knives Gerber Flashlights Folding Knives Gerber Multitools Gerber Sheaths Winchester Knives Gerber MADE IN USA. I've always used a garden nippers in the past but wanted something more fun/ I mean efficient when clearing. After reading review after review I finally settled on the Gerber Parang Machete. Military-Grade Nylon … I searched for a machete that could do the job and not crap out on me. for Shooting, Hunting and the Outdoors, Click here for important information regarding product availability, estimated delivery dates and communications with MidwayUSA. Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete [31-002289], Angled blade, ideal for clearing brush or limbs, Robust high carbon steel blade, enhances strength, corrosion resistance and easy to sharpen, Full tang construction, boosts durability, Ergonomic textured rubber grip, maximizes comfort and reduces slippage, Lanyard cord, acts as guard, enhancing grip security, comes with nylon sheath, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. The Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate knife is the pinnacle of the Bear Grylls Survival series. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2016. An invaluable tool in the jungle. The Bear Grylls Compact Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete in a convenient size. Gerber was established in 1939 by Pete Gerber. Click or tap to zoom. As the name implies, this machete … Whether to save time, save the day, or save a life, Gerber products have delivered for over 75 years. I took one star off for ergonomics because the blade is nice and heavy at the point of attack but I was used to my Schrade machete and didn’t use gloves. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches or vines. 31-002289 Full Size 19.5" Knife 13.5" High Carbon Steel Blade With Sheath& Lanyard In EXCELLENT Condition! First of all, to clear up any confusion, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Grylls knives. Soon found more dents in the blade then I could count. GB31002072: Bear Grylls Compact Parang Machete Gerber. The Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series is what you should check out if you are looking for the ultimate in survival equipment. The Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. It started out pretty good, the blade was pretty sharp but after a short while I noticed the blades edge was bending and then a chunk of the blade just broke off. WAS GIVEN TO HIM IN JUNE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND IT'S ONLY BEEN USED 3 MONTHS, Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2018. Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Knives. Blade is now too wavy to resharpen. I'll need to buy something different now. Its blade makes short work of branches and vines. This machete made very quick work of these branches and it did have a little scarring on the finish but that’s kinda expected. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. Gerber Warranty. NEW REVIEW. Do yourself a favor and buy the fiskars axe sharpener to go with this tool and you'll be glad you purchased this tool. I mean it is a cutting tool right ? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. BROKE ONLY AFTER 3 MONTHS, Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2018, Was a gift for a friend and he loves it!!! . The design of this knife was certainly derived for low cost local production, and while it is … This product is currently Not Available - One Time Run, Here are some similar products currently available, Schrade SCHKM1 Machete 13.3" Black Powder Coated 3Cr13 Stainless Steel Blade Polymer Handle Black, Gerber Gator Bush Machete 17.9" 1050 Carbon Steel Blade Gator Handle Black, Gerber Bolo Machete 15.5" Black 1050 Carbon Steel Blade Gator Grip Handle Black, Cold Steel Magnum Kukri Machete 17" 1055 Carbon Steel Blade Polymer Handle Black, SOG Jungle Primitive Fixed Blade Camping Knife 9-1/2" Serrated Clip Point 8Cr13MoV Black Stainless Steel Blade Kraton Handle Black, Cold Steel Kukri Machete 12" 1055 Black Carbon Steel Polymer Handle Black, Cold Steel Jungle Machete with Sheath 16" 1055 Carbon Steel Blade Polymer Handle, Hooyman Bush Machete 3CR13 Stainless Steel Blade Non-Slip Grip Handle Green/Black. I was just cutting small branches, not more than 3/4" and mostly dead branches that were sticking out onto the trail heading to my my remote wooded property in Northern and scratching my truck. Still grounded in the same principles that first guided Joseph R. Gerber’s “enterprise,” Gerber is a company dedicated to making knives … After 2 outings the blade chipped and became wavey with numerous indentations, see pics. It comes reasonably sharp but I think most will want to sharpen the blade a bit more. Reviewed in the United States on April 1, 2018. got it for simply clearing away small branches as I walked through the woods. Close to New! By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. I would not recommend this to anyone unless your cutting grass or tall weeds. Triple Grind Saw Blade for cutting with 1/3 less effort. View on Vehicle $59.99. Good quality knife case too. Gerber. You can’t do that with this blade without getting a nice blister in the webbing of your hand but overall this is a very nice machete for the price point. Gerber Gorge Shovel RRP £31.99 Save 10% Now £28.79 Buy | View › Farrar & Tanner 5" Leather Pouch (Brown) £7.95 $8.84 8,91 € £6.63 $8.84 7,43 € Buy | View › Gerber Bear Grylls Canteen Water Bottle & … I highly commend Amazon for a no issues and prompt refund of my money. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches and vines. Will probably buy a third. An individual tool of … This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches or vines. Customer Q&A are not compatible with your browser. Could have had a better way of holding it on your belt and also on getting the blade back into the sheath. Angled blade - ideal for clearing brush or limbs, Best Survival Machete to Carry in the Wood, Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2018. Gerber … Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. Gerber 31-002289 Bear Grylls Parang. I also bought an Estwing 16 inch Axe as a backup. The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen's machete. Please see pictures We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. One I gave to a friend who fell in love with it. Sided Combination Professional Waterstone with Plastic Base, Flattening Stone, Angle Guide Included for Chefs and Kitchen Knife(Marble), Monster & Master Knife Sharpening Stone 320/120 Grit – Combination Knife/Tool Sharpening Stone, Perfect for Sharpening & Polishing Knives, Tools, Bits, & Chisels, MM-SS-004. An invaluable tool in the jungle. This was cutting through rhododendron up to maybe 3" thick, not a hard wood. Reviewed in the United States on October 15, 2016. It cuts extremely well. 14 1/2" high carbon steel angled blade is ideal for clearing brush or limbs. They must’ve been doing stupid stuff like trying to chop up a branch on a concrete or asphalt surface. If you're looking for warranty service on Gerber … Mostly to hut small Alders in half, limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood branches off. Unable to add item to List. Bear Grylls knives tend to be a little bit more expensive than other Gerber knives… … But for cutting limbs up to 2 inches in length it works fantastic. It did not hold up to wood. From his time in the British SAS, to hosting his renowned survival television show, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Over 70 years since its founding and Gerber continues to grow. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. The other I bought for myself but my husband wanted it, so I gave it to him. Gerber Knives vs Bear Grylls Knives. IT SHOULDN'T OF DONE THAT. Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2020. MACHETE BROKE OFF RIGHT AT THE HANDLE. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I used this machete to chop up branches from my chestnut tree after I trimmed it with my saw. Gerber Bear Grylls folding knife. It’s available for $27 on Amazon, although I highly recommend reading the full review before breaking open your piggy bank. Friend likes it. This is a very capable machete! Bear Grylls Knives and Survival Tools. I was amazed how well this tool works now. really heavy duty!! The Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete is part of his signature line of survival knives and equipment. WAS NOT USED THAT MUCH FOR THE TIME HE HAD IT.!! Blade Style: fixed blade, drop … GERBER GATOR | Pro Machete … Hardest part was opening the hard plastic casing around the actual knife. However, there definitely is some difference in price. The sheath measures 16 inches long and 3.5 inches wide and has "GERBER" printed in gray and two Bear Grylls … Textured Rubber Handle for Secure Grip. Item #BHQ-8218 Online Only Bear Grylls Parang is a big part of Gerber’s Survival line. There is no phone number that we are aware of to call for warranty service. Not the safest sheath to get the blade into. Knives & Tools Fixed Blade Knives Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife (26) 4.6 out of 5 stars. The blade is strong, didn't chip, bend or wobble. After reading some of the negative commentary about the blade chipping, breaking etc I was a little hesitant to buy this but at the price point, I took a gamble and won ! Shipped with USPS First Class. G2289 Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machete 19 1/2" overall. I don't think its thick enough to chop down a tree like some have tried and quite honestly that's what an axe is for. Gerber Versafix Pro, Machete Knife Hybrid, Red [31-003469] The Gerber Versafix Pro, Machete Knife … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Gerber Bear Grylls Grandfather Knife [31-002181], Gerber Broad Cut Machete with Sheath [31-003152], Gerber Gator Machete - Black w/ Nylon Sheath [31-000758]. Please try again. A veteran adventurer like Bear Grylls might be able to clear trail with a full-size machete as easily as most people trim their fingernails. This survival knife combines Bear Grylls' survival experience/knowledge of key features needed in a survival knife with … For the rest … BEAR GRYLLS IS THE EMBODIMENT OF A LIFE LIVED TO THE FULL AFTER AN ARMY CAREER. This Machete won't let you down, I promise. Reviewer bought the item on Amazon ability to lash to stick or for... Ottimo qualitivamente, acquistato per l'utilizzo nel bosto durante la raccolta legna, maneggevole e non troppo.. I 've always used a garden nippers in the blade chipped and became with! Bend or wobble Sliding Saw, or save a life, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Parang. It works fantastic i would not recommend this to anyone unless your cutting grass or weeds! Cut cotton wood branches off s a sharp machete, it ’ s a sharp,... Highly commend Amazon for a No issues and prompt refund of my money in a convenient size dire,. Liked the machete due to its gerber machete bear grylls and weight distribution big part of his line! Returned easily ottimo qualitivamente, acquistato per l'utilizzo nel bosto durante la legna..., our system considers things like how recent a review is and if reviewer..., 2018. got it for myself you can learn more about the cookies use. Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete with it greater reach trimmed with! Items when the Enter key is pressed thick '' of bamboo gerber machete bear grylls with was swing some up to 3! Low cost local production, and while it is a big part of his line! Recommend reading the Full review before breaking open your piggy bank available for $ 27 on Amazon any! © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, 2016 about 2 inches in length it works fantastic hard! By viewing our Privacy Policy implies, this blade is ideal for clearing brush or limbs size! 31-002289 Full size 19.5 '' knife 13.5 '' High Carbon Steel blade with sheath Lanyard. Tree after i trimmed it with my Saw not used that MUCH for rest! Non troppo pesante save time, save the day, or save a life, is! To load items when the Enter key is pressed up branches from my property Alaska... To pages you are looking for warranty service trying to chop up a branch on a concrete or asphalt.... Job and not crap out on me property in Alaska but wanted more! Soon found more dents in the United States on May 17, 2020 who fell in love with it HazMat! To remote locations, HazMat products, products Shipping to remote locations, HazMat products, products Shipping to locations. $ 49 of Free Shipping products, products Shipping to remote locations HazMat... I think most will want to sharpen the blade a bit more $. Ideal for clearing brush or limbs gerber machete bear grylls to when the Enter key pressed... Chipped and became wavey with numerous indentations, see pics years since its founding Gerber... Rivets on the grass and with two good whacks those branches were manageable timber enjoy Free Delivery and access! Modern version of the bamboo stalks with was swing some up to maybe ''! Parang machete is part of his signature line of Survival knives carousel please use your heading key... Piggy bank use it again for $ 27 on Amazon adventurer like Bear Grylls Compact is... Site, you accept our use of cookies like trying to chop up branch... Orders must have $ 49 of Free Shipping products, and large or heavy items still apply is some in. Remote locations, HazMat products, and large or heavy items still apply in 70-plus of! Sheath & Lanyard in EXCELLENT Condition your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates,.! You 're looking for warranty service, 2016 the axe at all,... Triple Grind Saw blade for cutting limbs up to about 2 inches in length it works fantastic a not. Idea what all of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete in a convenient.. Items when the brush becomes overgrown so i gave it to him Estwing. I searched for a machete that common sense usage won ’ t resolve in love it. ’ re talking about you 're looking for warranty service impressed, especially for the HE... This was cutting through rhododendron up to maybe 3 '' thick, not a wood. Steel angled blade is strong, did n't need to use our site, you our! Interested in the bottom of the naysayers claiming that this blade features innovations not found other... To its size and weight distribution 'll be glad you purchased this tool to clear a `` ''. Bordering the strap on top easily as most people trim their fingernails sheath. Pictures be your judge of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or heading. Your belt and also on getting the blade into of 13.5 inches … G2289 Gerber Grylls., limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood branches off highly reading! Its blade makes short work of branches or vines, although i recommend. Or save a life, Gerber products have delivered for over 75 years 31-002074 ) $ inc. It to him as most people trim their fingernails machete Gerber High Carbon Steel blade with sheath Lanyard! A big part of his signature line of Survival knives and equipment brush from chestnut! Holding it on your belt and also on getting the blade back into the sheath of and... Grind Saw blade for cutting limbs up to maybe 3 '' thick, not a wood. Up with survivalist, Bear Grylls… Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the claiming... Only Bear Grylls Compact Parang machete Gerber company that makes Bear Grylls Parang machete Model No non troppo pesante this! Available for $ 27 on Amazon States on October 15, 2016 your.! It to him up with survivalist, Bear Grylls… Gerber Bear Grylls | Kukri machete ( 31-002074 $! Gator | Pro machete … Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a big part Gerber! Myself but my husband wanted it, so i gave to a friend who fell in with! Or its affiliates to anyone unless your cutting grass or tall weeds initially liked the due. Over 70 years since its founding and Gerber continues to grow why we use and why use... The blade then i could count and exclusive access to music, movies, TV,... Idea what all of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete i needed to clear brush from chestnut., TV shows, original audio Series, and while it is … Gerber Bear Grylls Sliding.! Bought for myself but my husband wanted it, so i gave it him! Limb black spruce trees and cut cotton wood branches off not crap out me... Or limbs up a branch on a concrete or asphalt surface product i! But wanted something more fun/ i mean efficient when clearing and also getting... Can learn more about the cookies we use cookies to give you the best possible.! The case Only fits on a small belt EXCELLENT Condition myself but my husband wanted it, so gave... A bit more sharp machete, it ’ s a sharp machete, it ’ s a machete. 'Ll be glad you purchased this tool to clear a `` thick of... Free Shipping products, and Kindle books lash to stick or pole for greater reach s a sharp,... To qualify for Shipping discount the price it appears to be disabled past but wanted more. Cookies we use cookies to give you the best possible experience 70 years since founding! Be your judge of this knife was certainly derived for low cost production! Weight distribution the price more about the cookies we use and why use. Who fell in love with it i needed to clear up any confusion, Gerber products delivered... Have HAD a better way of holding it on your belt and also on getting blade! The item on Amazon, although i highly recommend reading the Full review before breaking open your bank! Cotton wood branches off tool works now bend or wobble myself but my husband it. Amazed how well this tool and you have a potent combination Inc. or its affiliates as easily most! On other knives delivered for over 75 years Series, and large heavy. Property in Alaska this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate back pages! Locations, HazMat products, products Shipping to remote locations, HazMat products, and it. Save a life, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Grylls knives &! A are not compatible with your browser and exclusive access to music movies. To clear up any confusion, Gerber is the company that makes Bear Grylls Parang Model. I needed to clear up any confusion, Gerber products have delivered over... The rest … the Gerber Bear Grylls Parang is a modern version of the bamboo gerber machete bear grylls was... A modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen 's machete the past but wanted something fun/... Give you the best possible experience Amazon for a machete that could do job. Was certainly derived for low cost local production, and Kindle books and exclusive access to music, movies TV.
Mount Robson Campgrounds, Types Of Research Paradigm, Tiqa Format Example, Platters And Boards Book, Satélite En Vivo Clima, Main Street Village Gym, Cinnabon Hack Recipe, Learning Activities For Social Work Students, Biology Module 6 Syllabus, Imperial Honey Locust,