Only way the hss strat variety could be improved is to add a coil split and blend option so the neck and rear coil could be blended like on the blender sss kit. The humbucker in the bridge will sound thicker and heavier than a single coil. The pickups are Fender single-coils with the standard one-volume, two-tone layout with a 5-way pickup selector switch. If you're a humbucker type of guy and want to whale some hard rock or metal on occasion, you should probably go with the HSS. The SSS Stratocaster is a great choice for rock and blues, and even country. 500k … Wood doesn't make THAT much of a difference. It will give you some nice, warm, round tones you can't get with the single-coil. If I need humbuckers that usually means I'm going to the LesPaul. As simple as a … Here are my thoughts: All that said, surely somebody reading this is yelling at their computer screen because they use a single-coil Strat for jazz or humbuckers for blues. Real Deal Sound. It is nice to once again see an affordable Strat available with a Floyd Rose! These pickups also include a push-pull coil tap for reverting to that single-coil sound when you need it. There are many different models made in Mexico and this article intends to touch on the most popular, starting with the basic SSS version. Done. Fender has a couple of models that incorporate a pair of humbuckers, giving you thick, rich tones at the neck position as well as the bridge. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. This is why Fender Player instruments are referred to as Made-in-Mexico or MIM Stratocasters, a moniker once owned by the Standard Series they replaced. So if I only had one guitar, and it had to be a Strat, then it would probably have to be an HSS. Grab 5 guitars off the wall at your favorite guitar store. If you play classic rock, blues or country, go with a traditional SSS model. In other words: If you really want a Stratocaster, but you’re a little short on cash, this is the way to go. They require a bit more work than Vintage Synchronized or 2-point Fender Tremolos, and you can’t switch up your tuning as easily. I have hotter guitars for extreme metal, and I have SSS Stratocasters for traditional rock tones, but for most applications, I go for my HSS version. Three single-coil pickups will give you those classic Strat sounds players like Hendrix, Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan made famous. So, which should you choose, and how do they compare in sound and performance? Thanks to the 5-way pickup selector there is a wide range of tones to choose from. Do you need a Floyd Rose? select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. So, how do you choose between all of these amazing guitars? I’m a big fan of the Floyd and if they had this guitar in their lineup when I bought my HSS Strat this is likely what I would have chosen. This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional. Guitar is a HSS HWY1. Schematic , to start with: The concept is to be able to preset two sounds, one being a Rhythm sound based on the conventional selection of Strat … A pair of humbuckers is a departure from traditional Strat tone. In this article, you’ll learn more about some of the guitars in Fender’s Player Series of instruments. Maybe that's not so great if you intend to play death metal, and if so you should probably be looking elsewhere. The inspiring sound of a Stratocaster is one of the foundations of Fender. Even with a humbucker, you will not get the same kind of resonant, deep low-end you'd hear with a mahogany or basswood-bodied guitar. If you are already a Strat enthusiast, they present the possibility of adding something unique to your collection. Page 4 of 4 < Prev 1 2 3 ... (3 piece) I play the SSS Strat, and kick it in the balls with a Tube Screamer for leadwork. The only reason to go HSH is if you want to give up the most "valuable" sound that a Strat … Re: Strat mod from SSS to HSS with vol pot selection It was probably a deliberate choice for the original diagram not to use a tone control for the bridge pickup with 250k volume only. Musiclily 11-Hole SSS Prewired Loaded Pickguard with Dual Hot Rail High Output Pickups Set for Fender Squier Strat Electric Guitar, 3Ply Black 4.4 out of 5 stars 202 $34.46 $ 34 . Be sure to check out Fender's website for the latest info on their guitars. If you don't care that much about crunch, get the SSS. But if you like what a Floyd can do and are willing to learn how to use it and care for it you will find it is totally worth it, particularly if you are into shred and metal. Fender also uses slightly lower-quality components and woods than what you’d typically see in their American instruments, but that doesn’t mean these are badly made guitars. But if you were into ska and funk, then the SSS … This is the base model with three single-coil pickups, and it is the classic design that put the Strat on the map, over sixty years ago. Lots of Fender bodies come with HB routing from the factory, so they can use the same bodies for SSS/HSS guitars. Fender Player MIM Stratocaster HSS vs. SSS - Spinditty - Music (Imo would make for the ultimate strat tone … You must play them all until you find the one for you. Otherwise, I'd give it a pass and opt for the vintage-style bridge. check out the FAQ by clicking the While the MIM version of this guitar may not have the higher-end appointments of the American version, it still sounds amazing. Dragonfire strat pickguards both SSS and HSS, back plate, 3 knob covers, switch tip and whammy tip all for one low price $ 28.00 None of the above items have ever … Set up correctly, a Floyd offers rock-solid tuning stability. Again, that's your decision, but I'd think about it long and hard before taking the plunge. Is this an easy modification? Which Strat is right for you: SSS or HSS? This Strat® features … A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender® family, the Squier® Affinity Series™ Stratocaster® HSS delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring guitar hero. And, they come in some pretty slick-looking colors you can't get on other MIM models. The single-coil pickup in the bridge will not give you the thick, crunchy sound you need for metal. An HSS Strat makes for a wonderful addition to an SSS Strat. Along with the push-pull coil-split, this gives you a range of tonal possibilities. This is illustrated on the next slide. For me it's a feel thing, on a Strat I feel at home, which is blues and … It is also important to note that the guitar will not produce any sound without a card installed and that the SSS and HSS … In fact, my strat is HSH routed, but I have it set up SSS right now. But Fender took them away for a while, only to bring them back a few years ago. Good luck choosing an awesome MIM Stratocaster! Do you expect a P90 in a basswood body to produce a heavier sound than an EMG humbucker in an ash body? It's your guitar, after all! SSS or HSS Stratocaster? If you play jazz, seriously think about the HSH version with the humbucker at the neck. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Like the SSS version, this is a guitar that sounds and plays a lot better than it should for the price tag. Re: HSS to SSS conversion It depends if you're Strat has fat Strat wiring or just a regular Strat harness & a Humbucker in the bridge. You'll be able to get some of those thick, crunchy rhythm tones that are somewhat elusive with a single-coil pickup in the bridge, as well as hotter lead sounds. An HSS setup with the right humbucker in the bridge delivers a sound … Today Brett and Ed are comparing two Fender Strats from the American Performer Series with the Hum Single Single and the Single Single Single. Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?). To start viewing messages, You can always put a hotter single coil or a single-coil sized humbucker in the bridge of a SSS Strat … I do a lot of clean-ish rhythm picking and the SSS Strat … You trade pure Strat tone for versatility in the HSS. This page was generated at 10:15 AM. The Fender MIM Stratocaster is one of the most popular guitars in the world, and there’s a good reason for this. Review: Fender American Ultra Telecaster & Stratocaster HSS. If you are a guitar player who loves the Strat vibe but isn't so crazy about single coils, they offer a solid option. Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Stratocaster HSS delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an … Chances are it's got fat Strat wiring so all your going to need is a new guard … A Fender Stratocaster Squier. Electric Guitar Body: Alder, Maple neck, Fretboard: Maple, Matte neck finish, 22 Frets, Scale: 648 mm, Nut width: 42 mm, Pickups: 1 New Player AlNiCo II humbucker (bridge) and 2 New Player AlNiCo V single … SSS = Single Coil Bridge, Single Coil Middle, Single Coil Neck HSS … SSS or HSS - that is often the question! SSS with no reverse winding on the middle pickup. tone forum. 46 Remember, it's still a Strat with an alder body and maple neck, and it retains much of the signature tone. This is the classic Strat tonal palette, and the MIM version nails it pretty well. 46 That’s because Player-Series guitars are based on classic Fender instruments that have shaped the sound of rock since the 1950s. The single-coil at the bridge has a bright, vintage tone that sounds great in these genres, and the #2 position between the middle and bridge pickups has a certain usefulness as well. We wanted to go through a few variations of the Stratocaster wiring, as well as some mods you can make to your Strat to super-charge it. This makes the HSS Strat better suited to metal and hard rock, but don't go thinking you'll get deep, dark extreme metal tones out of it. American Performer Stratocaster® HSS, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aubergine. American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS: 010-1500/02: 04/16/04: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS (Upgrade 2005) 010-1500/02: 02/14/05: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS with Deluxe Locking Tremelo™ (Upgrade 2005) 010-1590/92: 02/14/05: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS … link above. Blues and jazz players may appreciate the deeper tone of a humbucker at the neck. Anyone done this to their Strat? You may have to register Hey, remember this is all just my two cents. All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. ... Like the Elite series, the Ultra series includes SSS and HSS Strats and a solidbody Telecaster, but the American Elite Telecaster … So, maybe you dig a humbucker on your Strat so much you want two of them. The HH version features a pair of Fender Blacktop humbuckers. A few more models have hit the scene in the past year as well, the HH and HSH. Guitar Gopher is a guitarist and bassist with over 35 years of experience as a musician. This means they are a great way to add an amazing Fender Stratocaster to your collection for a fraction of the price of a USA-made Strat. The SSS Player Strat features an Alder body with a maple neck and choice of either a maple or pau ferro fingerboard. The Stratocaster sound works well in rock, blues, country, and even jazz. The black pickguard on the white body with the two-tone pickups looks amazing! The HSH Player model is a bit off the beaten path when it comes to traditional Fender tone. If it matters, the music I wanna play is 50's rock, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, that … Compare prices on new and used Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS … If this is your first visit, be sure to The HSH version has those same awesome humbuckers, with a single-coil wedged in between. This means a big difference in sound when the first position of the pickup selector is engaged. Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Floyd Rose, Unless you want to step down to a Squier Stratocaster, the Player Series is the most affordable way to grab a real Strat for not a lot of cash. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) You can use any of these guitars for any darn style you want to. In this video I test both pickup sets on a Fender Player Series strat, and give my opinion on the topic! As a part of the Standard Series, the Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS was made in Mexico (MIM), but many would say the difference between these Strats and their American-made kin is just a few hundred dollars. That said, I have an SSS Strat, a Telecaster Custom, a 335 and 355 and Gretsch with blacktop Filter'trons and the Gretsch is my go-to guitar 98% of the time. Whether you are an intermediate player, a beginner with a few extra bucks in your pocket, or an experienced guitarist looking to land a great instrument without missing a mortgage payment, the MIM Strat is worth a look. They are here to help. The thing is, you CAN get extreme Metal sounds from an HSS Strat. The HSH gives a player a "best of both worlds" option. If you really think you'll use it in your playing, go for it. The Player Strat is available with a Floyd Rose bridge with and an HSS pickup configuration. Strat SSS HSS pickguard bundle. A Floyd Rose is a great option for players into shred and heavy metal. With a legendary pedigree but a budget price tag, it gives many guitar players a chance to own a real Fender guitar. And I don't if I should buy a HSS or a SSS, so I wanna know what they mean. The MIM Stratocaster is among the best electric guitars under $1000. However, if you are hoping to play heavier forms of music you may want to look at a MIM Strat with a different pickup configuration. Musiclily 11-Hole SSS Prewired Loaded Pickguard with Dual Hot Rail High Output Pickups Set for Fender Squier Strat Electric Guitar, 3Ply White 4.4 out of 5 stars 199 $34.46 $ 34 . I have a BC-2 bridge pup that I'm dying to try, and all my Strats have full size humbuckers in the bridge, so something slightly different might be cool. So, ideally, have your SSS Strat and add a HSS Strat to it. The biggest difference you’ll find is tone. Personally, I've been playing an HSS Standard Strat for several years and I couldn't be happier with it. Hey, that's your problem, but maybe I can help a little. I've tried to love SSS but every time end up realizing that the Strat bridge pickup is the weak link in the whole guitar. Here is my current SSS project, the Stratocaster ‘Dual Sound’. A Floyd Rose bridge does take a little more TLC than a vintage-style bridge. The HSS model adds in a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds. All times are GMT-8. By the time we’re done, you ought to be closer to making the right decision for you and your style of playing. Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by charliebrown, Jul 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM. Playing a guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge does not come without its hassles. The important thing is to have fun. This has earned the MIM Player Strat a solid reputation, not only among intermediate guitarists and hobby players but even with working professional guitarists. For the sake of brevity, we are only going to be focusing on Fender Strats with three Single Coil pickups, or, ‘SSS’ Strats, but this wiring also can apply to HSS … Fender Player Series electric guitars are budget versions of high-end American-made Fender instruments. That's okay. The bridge is a 2-point synchronized tremolo system, which is a nice upgrade from the old Standard Series. However, for most other forms of rock and metal, the HSS version is a very versatile guitar that will take you from Hendrix to Metallica with the flip of a switch. This is great for metal and hard rock, but players who like to use the bridge pickup for lead playing will also get some extra oomph from an HSS Strat. One of the ways they cut costs is to outsource construction to their facility in Mexico. Deluxe Strat Plus HSS function as normal: standard 5-way pickup switching with a volume and two tone controls. Featuring this classic sound—bell-like high end, punchy mids and robust low end, combined with crystal-clear articulation—the sonically flexible Player Stratocaster HSS … But there are a few versions to choose from: The SSS features three single-coil pickups like the original Stratocaster. The HSS Stratocaster is very similar to the SSS version, with the exception of a Fender humbucker replacing the single-coil bridge pickup. They probably will play roughly the same, though, a humbucker is worlds different from a single coil. I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???
Yamaha Fg830 Wiki, Pathfinder Magic Item Save Dc, Dyckman Basketball Shorts, Google Associate Product Marketing Manager, Frequency Deviation Calculator, Materials Engineering Job Titles, Mulberry Trees In England, Trex Post Sleeve Sizes, Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, Transitive Relation Example Problems, Types Of Vaseline,