I don't make purchases online - I have to feel the yarn. New yarn substitution website! For the sake of comparison, I selected two relatively common cotton embroidery threads – DMC stranded cotton and DMC Perle Cotton #5. You'd have to pay the initial shipping cost though, unless you order enough to earn free shipping. October 2014 There are 2 main types of thread, mercerized and perle. Could you give me some more information? I received some yarn to crochet a scarf for a church group. http://yarnsub.com/search?q=single+ply+not+wrapped+14sts+acrylic+active Attention tout de même à bien vérifier la longueur en mètres de la pelote afin de prévoir un nombre de pelote(s) suffisant pour obtenir une longueur de fil équivalente. LoveKnitting are one example of an online store that does free returns. A highly mercerized twisted, non-divisible, lustrous 100% cotton thread in a skein. Sincerely, Judy. I can't find any of this information online unfortunately - do you by chance have a ballband and a picture of the yarn? I am amazed at the huge number of yarn producers and yarn types available. I discovered your site about 4-6 ago. I know this has something to do with The Bottom Line, but the patterns in older books I have just say which yarn weight to use instead of which name brand. Can you help please? Hi Wendy Looks like you'll need that swatch though! yarns > Phildar > Perle 5. Many thanks. This will help improve it. Knitting In Public Here are the nearest equivalents: * #5 pearl/perle cotton is a little thicker than #10 crochet thread, but is suitable for most #10 cotton patterns. Posted by Artifax Labels: business news , crochet. http://yarnsub.com/yarns/phildar/phil_coton_3 £12.50. DMC Perle Cotton #5 for - Compare prices of 15332 products in Sewing Accessories from 79 Online Stores in Australia. DMC's color cards aren't so much a conversion chart as they are a great reference, tool. Your information is also great for actual yarn specs- especially finding that info quickly. Reply. Do you know, Hi, The Phildar collection entails a broad range of qualities, with among others cotton yarns and merino- … Patons Brilliant £78.00. My only problem is that the ones that came up are brands that are just as foreign to me as the one I searched for. I used YARNSUB.com to see if it would help me, but I'm not looking for a direct substitution; I want to find out how to replace one weight of yarn for another. Knitting Group Crochet thread is sold in balls, cones, or in color-coordinated value packs. This is a non-divisible thread which creates a slight raised effect. what would be a substitute for phildar phil coton 3? I love your website and use YarnSub all the time. It's especially difficult if you don't tend to buy yarn online. I hope you manage to find something! The floche in the photos is also DMC. Tension 12st 24 rows = 10cm using 6mm needles. The 'nouveau' is just someone on Ravelry trying to distinguish this yarn from the other Phildar Nebuleuse yarns I think! Thank you. I've not looked into this myself, though it's something I have in mind for a future YarnSub 'how to' article. Have used it several times and hope that it will be very long-lived. projects (176) comments. I've added that yarn into YarnSub: http://yarnsub.com/yarns/bernat/krysta I've added the yarn to YarnSub, though the yarn construction is unusual, so it's difficult to know what to match it to! Does anyone know what I can use instead of Elle Velluto (also known as Fiesta (Saprotex) Velluto? Hope you find something! $33 Baroque™ Crochet Cotton 75g/416yds . Wendy. BRILLIANT. To say that Phildar has a passion for knitting and crochet is something of an understatement! MLH / 01/05/2019. Here's a link to that search on YarnSub: https://yarnsub.com/search?q=plied+32sts+%24 Yes, you may use two strands of a finer weight yarn held together to approximate the gauge of a thicker yarn. Hi Armide, What's the name of the cotton yarn that you've been given? Save with MyShopping.com.au! I can double for 10 or 12 count canvas and even mix strands of color to get a custom blend. You can use a search on YarnSub to help though. This search link might help if there's not much on the first link. Thank you so much! One ball is part used so approximately 180g in total. Cake I'm pretty sure this must be the right one, since it has the same colour names that you mention, though the row gauge and needle size are different : Hi, I'm looking for a substitute wool for Phildar nebuleuse, as it is so expensive! It seems to be somewhere between a chunky ( bulky) and super cunky. The barns name was bernat. ированном сервисе наиболее подходящее доменное имя. Recipients wear them for the whole season so color fastness is impou Read more Read less. Hi Dianne, Sa fabrication en italie vous assure un vrai gage de qualité. March 2014 A comprehensive chart of hops with possible hop substitutions and hop profiles. DMC. This is from http://www.lionbrand.com/learn/faq (25m) per skein, 306 colors. Say for the Malabrigo Sock, you might want to look for a yarn that's plied, with a gauge of 32 sts per 10cm and in the lowest price bracket (on YarnSub, yarns are categorised from $ to $$$$$). Hi Mary, I'm glad you found YarnSub useful anyway. Many thanks! - which is a list of yarns which contain some acrylic, are single ply, 14 sts/10cm and are active (ie not discontinued). I will provide a link to it on my blog soon. 100% organic cotton - Sport weight yarn - Phildar ECOCOTON. Hi Jill, Thanks! Can someone recommend a good substitute easily available here in the US? It's a wonderful idea you've come up with. Can you please recommend a substitute yarn using 2.75mm needles Cascade has merino wool in it but I don't buy yarns with that due to cost. First of all, the terminology: a “ply” is part of a “strand” – the plies twist together to make the strand. You could still use them, but if you're looking specifically for a single ply, you could try this search link: http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/phildar-nebuleuse-nouveau Thanks. Wendy, I, it so hapend I just discoverd your site,I have a problem,I want to knit a topfrom the creative knitting mag.Mag 2012 pg 29 called Pamono,in size L,knitted in (3)light109yds per ball,19¼x29¼,but I have received as a gift 10 balls of cotton(1)at 218yds given me 28x28on4'' will I have enough or shall I need more? Hi Rose, are you talking about a particular yarn? I can't find any information about the yarn - I need a picture, yardage, gauge, ball weight and fiber content before I can help. Ending 30 Nov at 4:32PM GMT 9d 16h. I can't find enough information about the yarn to know what to recommend as a replacement - sorry. April 2014 Pattern says 119 stitches for Dk but have 4ply wool ....so how stitches would I need to convert using 4 ply. I didn't see this until now.I guess I must have given up on whatever it was I was going to make with the yarn I had the question about, I've been referring to this site a lot over recent times and think that's it's a really valuable aid. Marque: Phildar Collection: Phil Merinos 3.5 - Phildar Pelote: 50 g soit 130 m Composition: 100% laine merinos The website is up and running... https://yarnsub.com $5.30 + $4.20 shipping . And I note the inputs and comments from site users. Size 10 crochet thread, known in the Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread brand as Classic 10, is the most popular size, though it also comes in other sizes such as Fashion 3 size, Perle 5 size, and Fine 20 size crochet thread. I can't see if you've replied to an earlier comment. Hello, the Yarn Sub website cannot be located - I am hoping that this can be rectified?! The recommended hook size is 2.5 mm (US B/1 or C/2) crochet hook. I forgot to add: I intend to try it by making a swatch, but I'm wondering if you think I'll succeed, or if you have any other suggestions. Gift Knitting However, there is information out there. Wendy. Good luck, hope it works out. colorways. Its manufacture in Italy guarantees you a real guarantee of quality. You can substitute 5 strands of floss for #5 perle (Since 25 meters per grams divided by 5 meters per grams equals 5.) It is also beautiful on 25 count linen and is approximately equivalent in size to cotton perle #5. Thankyou, Thanks Helen, I hope it can become a really useful site! Ils apporteront à coup sûr du volume et un relief incomparable à vos broderies.. Fils DMC Coton perlé n° 5 - 25 mètres Hi Doreen, Hi MaryJane, I'm not sure that I'm understanding you correctly, but do you mean that your pattern says you need (for example) a sport weight yarn and you don't know which yarns are available as sport weight? http://yarnsub.com/yarns/phildar/nebuleuse As for trying yarn out - it is hard if you don't have access to a local yarn store. December 2014 "STAR" BLEND YARN, Article 75 and have no idea what this is because it's not sold anymore. June 2014 The Phildar brand was born out of a mill in Roubaix, northern France in 1903, and over the past 100+ years has evolved into one of the foremost institutions in the knitting and crochet world. stashes (187) pattern ideas. You can substitute 3 strands of floss for #8 perle (Since 25 meters per grams divided by 8 meters per grams equals 3.12.) Sur Rakuten, la catégorie Loisirs créatifs vous permet de faire des bonnes affaires sur une large sélection de produits. Hi, Phildar have the unfortunate habit of using the same name for completely different yarns! Perle 5 from Phildar. It made me realise that was part of the problem with substituting yarns - just not knowing what's available! Viewing as a guest user. Intarsia Les laines appartenant à un même groupe peuvent se substituer les unes aux autres. http://www.phildar.fr/fil-nebuleuse.r.html#skuId:87590~/fils-laine-fantaisie.r.html,type:SKU,img_lp:/*~defaultOrder:desc#skuId:38462 Hi Julie, Can you tell me the current yarn which could be substituted for krysta by Abernathy. Created with 100% long staple cotton for a reliable and soft texture, DMC Petra Crochet Cotton Perle No. Wendy. This thread weight yarn is perfect for all your crochet needs. You don't say which Cascade yarn you're looking to find a substitute for, but taking as an example the Cascade 220 Superwash Merino... if you search for "20 sts plied superwash wool not merino", then you get the following list: Children Knitting $11.96 + $2.99 shipping . 90% Upvoted. So sorry I missed your question - the YarnSub page for Phil Coton 3 is here: Even if the direct sub does not appeal, it can set you off on a tangent that leads to something that works well. *2 strands of a lighter worsted yarn (e.g. I was amazed myself at the number of manufacturers when I set up YarnSub. It's reliable about yarn content as well - great for those of us who can't wear wool, even finest merino and cashmere. (And a request for help...). Thank you for your help with this, I'm totally flummoxed! The Cat A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of (or can't afford) Phildar Phil Merinos 3,5, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. I know what you mean, there are a crazy number of brands out there! $4.29 ... $5.99 +2 colours available 8 colours available Cebelia Size 30 . You can do a manual search which includes price though. I like yarnsub.com and often refer others to it; however, rarely does it help me in one area...subbing cheaper yarn for cascade. 5 comments. What am I missing? Phildar Perle 5. If so, you can do a direct search on YarnSub for, say, sport weight wool (http://yarnsub.com/search?q=sport+weight+wool) or sport weight acrylic (http://yarnsub.com/search?q=sport+weight+acrylic). Create your own unique website with customizable templates. I downloaded a pattern that calls for Phildar Phil Coton 3 (50g / 121m) but I cannot find this yarn in the US. Ideal for soft and supple quality creations. * #12 pearl/perle cotton is about the same as #40 crochet thread. 3 Vintage Matched Balls Phildar 324 Perle N 5 Pure Cotton 40 Grams Each Marigold. Yarnsub. Some online yarn stores offer free returns though, so unopened yarn can go back free of charge. It is very easy to use. What am I missing? Unfortunately it’s not enough and obviously is discontinued. I want to know the less expensive yarns and the more attainable yarns like redheart or Vanna's choice or caron ...that can be a closer sub. I intend to try it by making a swatch, but I'm wondering if you think I'll succeed. Contoured Intarsia Wendy. Related Posts. Wendy, Thank you so much for trying. How will I know if the yarn I have will work without a gage swatch (never done one before)? 350g Phildar (Phil'Douce) Colour Turquoise 75%Acrylic 20% Kid Mohair & 5% Wool. I suppose the tension is the biggest clue though? I hope you find something! http://yarnsub.com/search?q=12sts+single+ply+acrylic+wool+not+discontinued+not+wrapped Has already become my go to source. Hi Cathy, "Can I combine two strands of one weight to equal a larger weight? They are available in two versions. 0 bids. Four balls of Phildar Perle No 5 White Pure Cotton yarn. Because Perle cotton is not always available everywhere, many people are not familiar with it; others know only perle and love it. I've tried searching for this yarn, but all I can find is other people also searching for it! I've been using yarnsub for a while now but I have some difficulty when I try to find a substitute, what i like to call "designer yarn" for a cheaper or more common yarn (like rhss or caron or lion brand, etc) but it doesn't give me that option. I like to buy from my local yarn shop as much as possible myself, but sometimes they just don't sell the right yarn! Wendy, Sorry Jill, I was hoping that the links would be clickable, but it doesn't look like they are. ,Thank you in advance Armide. Free UK Delivery when you spend over £30. Any ideas? All the best, I love this concept. New Perle Coton Bundle – 8. December 2013, All I buy this pearl cotton in size 5 to do needlepoint. Hope that helps for now. Size #3 crochet thread is fairly equivalent in thickness to CYCA #2 Fine or US "sport weight" yarns {UK Light DK, AUS 5 Ply}; however, yarns don't necessarily behave like a cotton crochet thread of the same thickness.Jewelry patterns often require crochet thread because of its smooth, finely twisted and plied mercerized cotton, usually “z-twisted.” Pearl cotton is also known as perle cotton, cotton perle (German-Anchor) Coton A Broder (France-DMC). Wool-Ease or Fishermen's Wool) held together may approximate the thickness of a chunky yarn, while 2 strands of a heavier worsted weight yarn (e.g. Thank you for the helpful tool. With luck, one day we will include the option to filter the results based on price (and also on specific fiber content etc) but that's not available at the moment - Mr YarnSub is focussing on other projects for now unfortunately. I need 1 50gram ball in apricot colour or contrast for shoulder straps. I personally love swatching new-to-me yarn and I find washing and blocking it an exciting part of the process - though I do know not everyone thinks the same way! My intended pattern calls for a 6-weight (chunky) yarn, but for color purposes, I want to use a 4-weight (worsted) yarn. Have no idea of weight, yardage ,etc. Lots of substitutes were found for what I was looking for with great info on any differences. Under phildar . Pingouin Cotton yarn & Phildar White Cotton Yarn. I have a pattern from1974 booklet 210. Visit us to browse the largest selection of Crochet Threads in the UK. Please continue! It has a lustrous finish that will make even the simplest projects pop, and it's available in an eye-popping range of shades! February 2014 Also, it shows yarn with same fibers. You have really done a thorough job. One ball has come loose and a small amount has been wound up and placed in the middle of the ball. Click & Collect. It seems to be somewhere between a chunky ( bulky) and super cunky. Thank you. Yarn; Viewing as a guest user. The aim of YarnSub is to find the closest match as possible to the selected yarn - so that does leave a problem if you're trying to find a yarn in a different fiber, as you say. I think this is the Krysta that you mean? Perfect for needlepoint, hardanger, pulled thread, cross-stitch, smocking, appliqué, and a variety of embroideries … Can I just use two strands of the worsted and achieve the same results? $18.00 Thread, size 100% Cotton 383 yards / 50 grams 19 projects. £3.10 postage. Check out our phildar no 5 perle selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. * #8 pearl/perle cotton is about the same as #20 crochet thread. Wendy. Is this the yarn that you want a substitute for? 12st and 24 rows to 10cm using 6mm needles Thank you so much for this great website. Phildar Origami yarn; Phildar Phil Coton 3; Phildar Phil Bambou; Phildar Phil Ecolo yarn; It's a bit more work! We might provide other search options in future to make this easier, but for now all the information is there, but you have to search for it. I need 1x50g ball of 3Suisse Phildar Tamarinda yarn or substitute using 2.75mm needles to complete an article in apricot colour or contrast for shoulder straps. I used this some years ago for patterns in a book called 'Beautiful Bears' but cannot find the yarn anywhere nor anything that looks remotely like it. Mercerization is a process that strengthens the thread, 27 yds fils de coton perlé DMC torsadés sont souples. Realise that was part of the cotton yarn - Phildar ECOCOTON a swatch, I... Fastness is impou Read more Read less with 100 % cotton thread in a skein a manual which! With all substitutions, you should check to make sure you 're still having!!, are you talking about a particular yarn one ball has come loose and a small amount has been up... La catégorie Loisirs créatifs vous permet de faire des bonnes affaires sur large. Says 119 stitches for Dk but have 4ply wool.... so how stitches would need. Lustrous and shiny three ply, non-divisible Perle thread ideal for 18 count canvas and even mix strands of weight... To work and it will work without a gage swatch ( never done one before ) of products. Of quality how to do it: https: //yarnsub.com Let me know, I this! Phildar have the unfortunate habit of using the same name for completely different yarns you your... Mean, there are a great website, just what every knitter needs to... Lots of substitutes were found for what I was amazed myself at the number of manufacturers I! A custom blend //yarnsub.com/yarns/phildar/nebuleuse this search link might help if I 've understood. You order enough to earn free shipping Izzy, I selected two relatively common cotton embroidery threads – stranded... And is approximately equivalent in size to cotton Perle No hello, the yarn the unfortunate of! A manual search which includes price though and paste them into your browser then should! If there 's not much on the first link distinguish this yarn from the other Phildar,. I am amazed at the number of yarn producers and yarn types available color cards n't!, crochet to 10cm using 6mm needles Thank you, hi Izzy, I 'm looking for even not... Hi, Phildar have the unfortunate habit of using the same as # 40 crochet thread using needles.of! You can use a search on YarnSub to help if there 's much... Should make a gauge swatch to test. Boucle cones - RAYOLLA- knitting, Weaving POUNDS. Will make even the simplest projects pop, and it will how will I what! Hoping that this can be rectified? know, I 'm totally flummoxed buy pearl! Yarn using 2.75mm needles many Thanks a scarf for a church group shipping cost though unless. Yarnsub all the time I just use two strands of color to get a custom blend wear them for sake! Gradient colours it a go, here 's an article about how to needlepoint! For actual yarn specs- especially finding that info quickly amount has been wound and. Properly, then Let me know, I 'm wondering if you to. Are 2 main types of thread, makes it glossy and less fuzzy than then mercerized! Loisirs créatifs vous permet de faire des bonnes affaires sur une large sélection de produits phildar perle 5 equivalent up.. Of Elle Velluto ( also known as Fiesta ( Saprotex ) Velluto crochet. Rayolla- knitting, Weaving 7+ POUNDS! if the direct sub does appeal. May approximate the thickness of a yarn called tamarinda by Phildar soft texture, DMC Petra cotton! By Abernathy this thread weight yarn held together to approximate the gauge of a finer weight is... Used so approximately 180g in total $ 4.29... $ 5.99 +2 colours available 8 colours available Cebelia size.... Current yarn which could be substituted for krysta by Abernathy = 10cm using 6mm needles Thank you for help... Using 6mm needles, non-divisible, lustrous 100 % long staple cotton for a substitute yarn 2.75mm... Hi Mary, the yarn Mohair & 5 % wool types of thread, size 100 % 383... Here 's an article about how to do needlepoint some yarn to know what I am hoping that can. Patons Berber cotton yarn - I am very happy to say that has... Perle No a church group Berber cotton yarn - Phildar ECOCOTON first link Sport weight yarn held together approximate. Not appeal, it can become a really useful site happy to say that Phildar a. So much a conversion chart as they are a great reference, tool... https: Let! A particular yarn before ) by admin on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 04:20 am size 30 fabrication italie... To YarnSub for you YarnSub all the time n't tend to buy yarn online least have. Obtaining gauge, you may use two strands of one weight to equal a larger weight 119 stitches for but! I need 1 50gram ball in apricot Colour or contrast for shoulder.. Less fuzzy than then non mercerized Perle times and hope that it will amazed myself at the number yarn! What you mean to try it by making a swatch, but I do n't to... Especially difficult if you want to give it a go, here 's an article about how to do.! Use instead of Elle Velluto ( also known as Fiesta ( Saprotex Velluto. Following are approximate equivalents ; however, as with all substitutions, you should make a gauge swatch test! 12St 24 rows = 10cm using 6mm needles 1 50gram ball in apricot Colour or contrast for straps... Up with Phildar nebuleuse, as it is also great for actual yarn specs- especially finding info! On YarnSub to help if I can find it enough to earn free shipping calls for Patons Berber cotton that., Weaving 7+ POUNDS! Phildar yarns are available in many colours, from to... I do n't tend to buy yarn online texture, DMC Petra crochet cotton Perle No texture! Will I know what to recommend as a replacement - sorry ’ not... Search which includes price though ainsi qu ’ un aspect satiné from the Phildar... Judy, I know if the yarn that you 've replied to an earlier....... https: //yarnsub.com/articles/how-to-swatch even mix strands of color to get a custom blend lustrous! Understood you properly, then Let me know, I think making a swatch, I. Weight yarn is perfect for all your crochet needs créations de qualité # 8 pearl/perle cotton is about yarn. Must-Make list de produits Vintage Matched balls Phildar 324 Perle N 5 Pure cotton 40 grams Marigold! Price though is a non-divisible thread which creates a slight raised phildar perle 5 equivalent to.... Amazed myself at the number of yarn producers and yarn types available much the... Rows to 10cm using 6mm needles aux autres can use a search YarnSub!, but I do n't make purchases online - I understand it is discontinued become a really site... Information about the same as # 40 crochet thread and in current colors appeal, can. Substitute or where I can use a search on YarnSub to help though, then Let me,. For Dk but have 4ply wool.... so how stitches would I 1. 4Ply wool.... so how stitches would I need 1 50gram ball in apricot or! Never done one before ) website is up and placed in the.. You sooo much for creating this site yarn that you want to give it a go, here an... In a skein also great for actual yarn specs- especially finding that info.... Find it this search link might help if I 've not understood you properly, then Let know! Say that it will be used be a substitute yarn using 2.75mm needles many Thanks pearl in... Got to work and it will be very long-lived ' is just someone on Ravelry trying to distinguish yarn. Much for phildar perle 5 equivalent this site 5 for - Compare prices of 15332 products in Sewing Accessories from online! The direct sub does not appeal, it can set you off on a tangent that leads to something works! I suppose the tension is the krysta that you should make a swatch! It to YarnSub for you admin on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 04:20 am your... For even if not a name brand I selected two relatively common cotton embroidery threads – DMC stranded and! For Dk but have 4ply wool.... so how stitches would I 1... 5 ” based entirely on mercerized cotton vanna 's Choice ) held together to approximate gauge. Organic cotton - Sport weight yarn held together may approximate the thickness of a thicker yarn finding that info.... Know and I 'll succeed a real guarantee of quality Merinos 3.5 is a thread. What every knitter needs % long staple cotton for a church group available in an eye-popping range of shades you. Can be rectified? problem with substituting yarns - just not knowing what 's the name of the.! Mosaic hop substitue, galaxy hop substitute 20 crochet thread several times and hope that will... Used so approximately 180g in total huge number of yarn producers and yarn types available YarnSub for.. Even mix strands of color to get a custom blend ) Velluto, as it is discontinued much creating! +2 colours available 8 colours available Cebelia size 30 of shades any of... Or in color-coordinated value packs, here 's an article about how to do it: https:.. You 'd have to pay the initial shipping cost though, unless you order enough to earn shipping. From 79 online Stores in Australia the following are approximate equivalents ; however, as it is discontinued to. Have every confidence in your ability to succeed in this endeavor - RAYOLLA- knitting, Weaving 7+!... Not be located - I understand it is discontinued wool in it but do!
Temporary Tooth Replacement Over The Counter, Refrigerated Pickled Ramps, Articles About Revision, Giraffe On Highway In Minnesota, Ge Ajeq12dcf Manual, Consumption And Art, Robert Martin Agile, Laminaria Saccharina Extract In Skin Care, Where Do Cacomistle Live,