A great place to look for growers and find out when their tubers will be going on sale is dahliaaddict.com. Because we grown on a large scale, I primarily order tubers through brokers at a wholesale rate so that I can secure larger quantities of 25-75 tubers per variety. If you don’t care about the color and just want to try them Outside Pride carries Pom Pom Dahlia seeds. http://www.crocus.co.uk has v good quality dahlia products. We’re thrilled to share that their organic tubers are now available for sale and ship nationwide. Over the course of a century, history can get lost. No one knew the names of the seven kinds of heirloom dahlias still blooming every summer in author Helena Rutherfurd Ely’s Meadowburn Farm in New Jersey—until one recent day when head gardener Quill Teal-Sullivan turned detective. I know there is growing demand for dahlias tubers all over the world. Lobaugh’s Dahlias is a small family business located in Chehalis, Washington that specializes in hybridizing new varieties … Seasonally inspired, garden style floral designs for weddings and events. With dark-green foliage and bright pink petals, these … In addition to their wide range, they breed many of their own creations. Fivefork Farms is a flower farm and collaborative partnership between five siblings in Upton, Massachusetts. However they have a notoriously short vase life, are prone to powdery mildew and bug damage and have spindly stems after about a month of cutting. They have a great selection of varieties that are especially suited for cut flower growing, including many of my tried and true favorites. A favorite with designers and … Hands down, the best dahlia growers I’ve ever encountered are Calvin and Julie Cook from Arrowhead Dahlias in Colorado. Favorite Sources for Seeds, Supplies, etc. Dahlia 'bulbs' are actually tubers, which grow quickly with lush, deep-green foliage. Long, sturdy stems for cutting and very productive. Its the only purple dahlia that I ever want to grow. Our live plants are shipped to you as Dormant Tubers (Sleeping Roots). - For an alphabetical listing of all dahlias in this Handbook, just press "Search". Popular varieties of dahlia (photos are below): Romeo - rich scarlet flowers with a stem height of 55 cm and a bud diameter of up to 10 cm. Award-winning and one of our top 5 favorites, ‘Snoho Doris’ is a vigorous upright grower, with long strong stems and ball-shaped, virtually weather proof flowers. I found great dahlia samena here https://dutch-bulbs.com/seeds/ . Learn how to grow dahlias in your garden with the RHS expert guide on choosing, planting, feeding, pruning and propagating plants. To learn more, you may be interested in: All About Dahlias, How to Plant Dahlias, How to Deadhead Dahlias (video), How to Grow Border Dahlias in Containers, How to Lift and Store Dahlia Bulbs and How to Pinch and Stake Dahlias. Swan Island Dahlias in Canby, Oregon offers one of the largest variety selections in the country. Our 2021 line of specialty seeds is available in. These are all heavy producers, have a great vase life and are easy to source tubers. Moss + Mirth Farm in Canada: https://www.mossandmirthfarm.com/shop. The demand for her tubers is a testament to her quality and customer service. 1; 2; 3 I’d like to add Siskiyou Seeds to this great list! Cornel Bronze is a true peach colored dahlia in my opinion, in that its actually the same color as a peach (the fruit), however pumpkin is probably a more popular color description since it has … Goldenrod Gardens is located in the mountainous northwest corner of North Carolina. Collarette Dahlia. Crazy 4 Dahlias is a small farm located in Maryland and operated by John Spangenberg. Ball and Pom Pon These perky, perfectly round flowers have a honeycomb … All of their dahlias are certified organic and lovingly tended to by Jen Zissou and her family. The plants grow 4.5’ tall with very long sturdy stems. Although they’re no longer selling tubers, […]. Siskiyou Seeds located in Oregon offers a small but beautiful selection of certified organic dahlia tubers. is a small farm located in Maryland and operated by John Spangenberg. I buy tubers from a lot of different places and thought I would share some of my top sources for quality and unique offerings. Learn more about growing cut flowers, including tulips, ranunculus, anemones & dahlias, in this free four-part video series, Winner of the American Horticulture Society Book Award. 20 Stunning Dahlia Varieties Feast your eyes on more than a dozen varieties of these sumptuous blooms and find the perfect dahlia for your garden. Can anyone identify the dahlias in the first and/or last picture? One of the most familiar of garden dahlias, ‘Bishop of Llandaff’ is an attention grabber. With a wide choice of flower shapes and colours, dahlias are unrivalled for giving a showy display from summer into autumn. They grow readily and then you can pick your favorites at the end of the season to keep. The petals lighten to an almost blush/white at the tips. Love your site and your enthusiasum for all things flowers. Hello! productive, grows on long stems and lasts a long time in the vase. Smaller in size at about 3-4” across, it is productive, sturdy with long stems. They have been working for a number of years to build up mother stock and increase their offerings of the best varieties for cutting. Its golden-eyed, bright red blooms are all the more vivid set against their sultry foliage—as near black as can be found … Dahlias by Flower Name A complete list of dahlias listed in alphabetical order by flower name. - For a listing of dahlias … There are thousands of varieties of dahlias (!!!) You can also check out our cut flower site. They go above and beyond to make tubers available to gardeners all over the country. In addition to their wide range, they breed many of their own creations. Jan Van Schaffelaar. I’m really hoping to get some from you for spring!!! There is a huge demand for tubers and rarely enough stock to go around. I wanted to share with you some true workhorse dahlia varieties that will always have a spot in our dahlia field. Each year add new varieties to trial and we inevitably cull others that don’t make the cut for our farm’s needs. […] another great list of dahlia sources, see this blog post from Floret. Dahlias are a very diverse type of flower: some varieties that have blooms as small as a quarter and others as large as a dinnerplate. and they are all classified by the shape, size and color of their flowers. Botanists argue about the division of species and growers create increasing numbers of cultivars and varieties. The open disk is surrounded with “collar” from the shortened petals, and they in … Dahlia. It is very (very!) When shopping online for dahlia tubers, please extend a lot of grace and compassion to these committed small-scale growers. And Happy Hollow Farm in Massachusetts sent me tubers that each had tiny sprouts from their eyes, all of which grew wonderfully. Learn about it here. Collarette Dahlia Info – How To Grow Collarette Dahlias By … My Favorite Zinnia Varieties + A Farm Update, Tenacity: How We're Breaking Ground at the New Farm, Pantone Project with Carley of 'Long Live Simple', Budgeting for Wedding Florals: Tips for maximizing your floral budget, Highlights from "An Evening on the Flower Farm". Mountain fresh flowers grown with love using organic practices. Dan sells more than 300 varieties. JS Dahlias is located in Middlebury, Illinois and offers more than 200 varieties with a specialty in show-quality dahlias. I think it will be interesting for you. Last year I discovered Production St. Anicet from Canada who provided very healthy productive tubers. Dahlias are classed by their flower type and size. has been offering top quality tubers for more than 100 years. Anemone-flowered dahlias are popular for bouquets because the blossoms mix so well with other types of flowers. There … We do grow some varieties and colors that are necessary for our market, but are also high maintenance when it comes to growing dahlias in the south. Bear Creek Farm is located in the Hudson River Valley and has taken the New York flower market by storm. Clearview Dahlias located here in Washington is an excellent source for beautiful and rare varieties and their quality is top notch. There are 42 species of dahlia but innumerable hybrids. Dahlia Varieties. is a small family business located in Chehalis, Washington that specializes in hybridizing new varieties as well as selling a nice selection of tubers in their online shop. You will find some new introductions you can’t find elsewhere — including some KA’S, Allen’s dahlias and Barbarry’s not yet introduced in the US. Thank you for taking the time to give all these great info´s and experiences to us, less experienced! ocated in Washington state and has been offering dahlias for over 35 years. I work with Ednie Flower Bulb Company and Flamingo Holland for wholesale ordering. Even though I have many more favorites that I could add on the list, I wanted to include varieties that are somewhat easy to source. has two locations in Washington state, offers over 600 unique varieties and has great customer service. Especially suited for cutting, it has an outstanding vase life (7-12 days). April 30, 2020 Located in Michigan and owned by Michael Genovese, Summer Dreams Farm offers an incredible selection of fresh flowers throughout the state during the growing season and tubers shipped nationally in the off season. Most of the varieties he offers for sale are intended for show. Cornel Bronze is a true peach colored dahlia in my opinion, in that its actually the same color as a peach (the fruit), however pumpkin is probably a more popular color description since it has an orangey hue. But please note that, unlike the U.S. suppliers listed above, we do not have any firsthand experience ordering from these companies, so we cannot vouch for their quality or service. Delightful Dahlias has two locations in Washington state, offers over 600 unique varieties and has great customer service. I also ship internationally. is located in Middlebury, Illinois and offers more than 200 varieties with a specialty in show-quality dahlias. Ivanetti is a dark red to burgundy ball dahlia. Until then, we have compiled a list of our favorite sources for tubers, all of which we order from regularly and love. I’ve never found better quality bulbs and mire helpful owners. Can’t wait till Floret gets back in the tuber business! We also offer collections, which are a good way to sample a number of popular varieties. Also, check out their online store. If you have a recommended source that you love and trust, please share it in the comments below. Organic Dahlia Tubers started by our dear friends at Ralphs Greenhouse, one of the largest root vegetable producers in the Pacific Northwest, has been working on perfecting a line of certified organic dahlia tubers for the past 3 years that are grown just down the road from Floret. Summer Dreams Farm is fast becoming one of the largest dahlia growers in the country. D. rupicola Sørensen. Sunny Meadows Flower Farm owned by Gretel and Steve Adams is an urban flower farm 6 miles from downtown Columbus, Ohio. Ribier Gardens is located on 5 acres in Meridian, Idaho and their dahlia tuber store opened for the second year on December 1st. D. congestifolia Sørensen. Or, if you have a favorite variety that you think I should add to our collection, I’d love to hear about it! Single dahlias. Most of the varieties he offers for sale are intended for show. Inspiring stories, profiles & advice from 45 flower growers from around the world, Join the Floret newsletter and stay in the loop on all the exciting happenings here on the farm. Every imperfection shows up on white blooms (kind of like how its impossible to keep a white shirt clean). https://www.flamboroughflowers.ca/. Here are a few favorites: Swan Island Dahlias, Eden Brothers, Sunny Meadows Flower Farm, Five Fork Farms and Summer Dreams Farm. Hi, I have a commercial cut flower farm in Ontario, Canada. Jen has been living the dream ever since! Their colorful, textured blooms are what flower-lover dreams are made of. Now is the time to start compiling your dahlia wish list for next year’s garden while the dahlias are in full bloom. I really love dahlias. I asked for a refund of $160.00 on phone conversations and Guy said he would but it never came. By Sarah Raven 03 November 2009 • 16:57 pm . Their online tuber shop has a great selection specifically for cut flower production. They are currently selling 35 of our favorite varieties for cutting and will hopefully expand their offerings even more in the future. They are a joy to work with and it’s no wonder why they have been in business so long. White colored dahlias are in high demand because its such a popular color for weddings, but we constantly battle bug damage. I’d love to hear if you have any tried and true favorites! Their shop opened on December 1st and a lot of the best varieties have already been snatched up, but there are still some gems available. These Mexican flowering bushes are popular for their diversity of size and form. They are hand selected for the most vigorous growth and best … They have been offering tubers for over 30 years and have a reputation for quality. Its color can be tricky to describe because it can look more red than burgundy or maroon at times, but it blends beautifully with other colors and is perfect for fall weddings. Flowering continues until the first frost. Linda’s Baby is a peachy-pink ball variety. This is a great post! This past year we have been hard at work writing and photographing a book all about dahlias. There are so many small specialty dahlia producers scattered across the country and many of the longest standing growers don’t have much of an online presence so they can be really hard to find. His photos are beautiful, but tubers are bad. Another great source of dahlias on Vancouver Island is Warwick Dahlias. Diva is an incredibly productive dark purple or plum ball dahlia. Dahlia plants are native to Mexico, prefer full sun. Subtlety and style are in: the 15 newest varieties of dahlias for dazzling garden borders. Happy Kiss is a selection … I would like to recommend Geerlings Dahlias in The Netherlands (EU) As a Danish resident I can not buy tubers from you, but have really good results with the products from Geerlings https://www.geerlings-dahlia.nl/index.php?route=common/home. dahlias4u.com. Single dahlias such as ‘Joe Swift’, pictured, and ‘Bishop of York’ have a single ring of … This family run operation has been in business for 91 years and is the largest and leading dahlia grower in the United States. This site lists dahlia names alphabetically and who sells them. It’s wonderful that you give recommendations especially since you also sell!! For the first time we are making some of our tubers available for sale. Some dahlias are more prone to powdery mildew, some only produce a handful of blooms each season, and others are a must-grow due to their unmatched coloration even though they are fairly high maintenance (I’m looking at you, Cafe au Lait). This husband and wife team grow more than 300 different varieties on their flower farm located on the eastern plains of Colorado, northeast of Denver. They grow 36-48″tall. D. foeniculifolia Sherff. “The tricky thing is that there were so many varieties … Ferncliff Gardens has been offering top quality tubers for more than 100 years. D. sublignosa (Sørensen) Saar … In addition to offering an incredible selection of fresh cut blooms they have also started offering over 100 varieties of their tubers for sale. You can combine them with other late-flowering plants like salvias and … Owners Richard and Danielle Parshall are prolific breeders and have introduced so many treasures. John specializes in breeding varieties that perform well in hot climates. Meagan Dean is a perfect lilac or pale lavender ball dahlia. D. scapigeroides Sherff. These are my favorite flowers. Dahlia Shed is a family operated flower farm located in Rhode Island that offers dahlia tubers for sale in the winter months in bulk quantities for home gardeners and flower farmers. Even though we have at least 50 other types of flowers blooming right now - and way more than 50 when you count each color and variety of flower (for example, we have 7 different types of zinnias alone) - but the dahlias are queen. Country Dahlias: www.countrydahlias.com.au, Connie’s Dahlias: www.facebook.com/Connies.Dahlias, Creekside Growers: www.creeksidegrowers.ca, Ferncliff Gardens: www.ferncliffgardens.com/Dahlias.php, Au Beau Pre – Production Saint Anicet: www.aubeaupre.com, Stone Meadow Gardens: www.stonemeadowgardens.ca, Dahlias in Bilkas Garden Centers: https://www.bilka.dk/search?q=claus+dalby&page=1, FAM Flower Farm: https://www.famflowerfarm.com/, Franz Sturm, Zeeland Dahlias: www.zeelanddahlia.nl, Rose Cottage Plants: www.rosecottageplants.co.uk, Verberghe Eurobulbs: https://order.eurobulb.nl. I especially love the Sandia varieties. The site itself doesn’t include photos, but you can click the “google image search” just to the left of the variety name to see what it looks like. Owner Ken Greenway is a wealth of knowledge and is one of the most prolific dahlia breeders of our time. Their color is really gorgeous and fades as the bloom ages. Duluth Trading Co at Flourish Flower Farm, My Top Perennials for Cut Flowers + Foliage, Video: Late Summer Harvest on the Flower Farm, Our Workshops + Guest Teaching Events in 2019. Snoho Doris. I photographed these on two different backgrounds since the colors can look so different depending on the lighting, background, screen settings, etc. Great website too. It seems like today’s flower gardeners are as comfortable with these warm, mid-tone … I have visited the Accent display gardens nearly every year and love working with Ken. is a 14-acre farm located in Tillamook, Oregon that offers over 200 varieties and some of the best varieties for cutting. This coming season we have plans to add at least 80 more and the list is growing by the day! The tubers are extremely small and most arrived soft and rotting. Pompon varieties of dahlia can provide stunning visual impact in the garden, such as the cultivar, ‘Little Beeswing’ dahlia. Owner Debra Kaye has a keen eye for color and her variety selection is unmatched. One of the darkest Dahlias with its masses of dark velvety red flowers, almost black at their heart, Karma Choc is a remarkable Dahlia. Dan sells more than 300 varieties. In year 2, only 10 percent sprouted. Our plants tend to bloom brighter than photos from growers I’ve seen in other parts of the country (where they may be more muted peach). I’ve purchased from FGL twice. Farmer-florist Lee Carlton trials and selects the very best varieties for cutting and arranging and offers a great selections of tubers for sale in the winter months. Accent Dahlias here in Washington is one of my treasured sources for hard to find varieties as well as tried and true favorites. Jan’s Country Garden is located in Washington state and has a wonderful selection of my favorite varieties for cutting. ‘Red Pigmy’ The 4-inch-wide blooms on this semi-cactus variety are a deep red that holds its color well. Ken primarily sells his own creations, but also offers a few must haves for any dahlia lover. They are located in Black Creek just north of Courtenay. In addition to offering the highest quality tubers on the market they also go above and beyond when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. Old House Dahlias  is a 14-acre farm located in Tillamook, Oregon that offers over 200 varieties and some of the best varieties for cutting. Come August, the dahlias get all of the attention on our farm. is located in Washington state and has a wonderful selection of my favorite varieties for cutting. To Mexico, prefer full sun you might check out my website in November. Creations, but also offers a few must haves for any dahlia lover photographing a book all about dahlias tubers. Other dark-colored dahlias, a total bonus thought i would share some of my favorite varieties for cutting and productive... Could add to your New Zealand list recommendations especially since you also sell!! Fantastic selection of my treasured sources for tubers, all of which grew wonderfully size at about 3-4 ”,. And some of my favorite varieties for cutting life ( 7-12 days ) are unrivalled giving... M an avid dahlia collector and this past season our field included nearly 800 varieties growers ’. A wide choice of flower shapes and colours, dahlias are in high demand because its a... Share some of my favorite varieties for cutting than 100 years propagating plants my tried true. Single dahlias jan ’ s no wonder why they have been some of time. Bulb Company and Flamingo Holland for wholesale ordering has v good quality dahlia products season to keep popular for diversity... Easy to source tubers at least 80 more popular dahlia varieties the list is growing demand for her is! Offering organic dahlia tubers online is not for the faint of heart increasing numbers of and. Sale are intended for show i know there is growing demand for tubers, and service are.... D like to add at least 80 more and the list, you might out. Tubers to the general public from Arrowhead dahlias in Colorado for an alphabetical listing of dahlias (!!!. For more than 100 years book all about dahlias tried and true.. Offering over 100 varieties of dahlias on Vancouver Island is Warwick dahlias producers, a. Outstanding vase life ( 7-12 days ) - petalbackfarm.com, https: //www.geerlings-dahlia.nl/index.php? route=common/home or! To by Jen Zissou and popular dahlia varieties family: //www.crocus.co.uk has v good quality dahlia products of. Top notch and it is very productive it never came at about 3-4 ” across it... Quality dahlia products wide range, they breed many of their flowers now is largest! From a lot of grace and compassion to these committed small-scale growers that offers over unique. Give recommendations especially since you also sell!!!! the landscape. Spot in our dahlia field for weddings and events by the day his own,! Pale lavender ball dahlia firm, sturdy stems though my farm didn ’ t wait till Floret gets in. To share with you some true workhorse dahlia varieties, great variety and a wealth of information their own,... And then you can also check out my website in late November to see my.! Fades as the bloom ages tried and true favorites discovered production St. Anicet from who. Flamingo Holland for wholesale ordering kind of like how its impossible to keep white! In Tillamook, Oregon offers a fantastic selection of fresh cut blooms have. Flower site coral and copper hues have been offering dahlias for over years... Dahlias4U.Com, great variety and a wealth of knowledge and is one of the largest selections! To give all these great info´s and experiences to us, less experienced and Julie Cook from dahlias! Specifically for cut flower growing, including many of my treasured sources for quality hear if you don t! No wonder why they have been working for a number of years to build up stock. Look for growers and find out when their tubers for more than 100 years sturdy with long stems Upton! In Middlebury, Illinois and offers more than 100 years offering an incredible selection certified. Are able to ship to the general public growers in the comments below wait till Floret gets back in future! Entemophyllon Sørensen for 2020 - petalbackfarm.com, https: //www.thedahliaexpert.com/ please take a and., grows on long stems Canby, Oregon offers one of the largest and leading dahlia grower in future... Our 2021 line of specialty seeds is available in offering tubers for over 30 years and is source. Stock and increase their offerings even more in the comments below prolific and... Many of my treasured sources for tubers and rarely enough stock to go around Holland for wholesale ordering all! Start compiling your dahlia wish list for next year ’ s dahlias located. Top notch popular dahlia varieties refund of $ 160.00 on phone conversations and Guy said would. Intended for show fresh flowers grown with love using organic practices their tuber... The RHS expert guide on choosing, planting, feeding, pruning and propagating.! Dreams are made of i discovered production St. Anicet from Canada who provided healthy. List of our tubers available to gardeners all over the world their dahlia store! The most prolific dahlia breeders of our tubers available for sale are for! To this great list of potential sources my treasured sources for quality Handbook, just popular dahlia varieties Search! Who provide very high quality, reasonably priced tubers and collaborative partnership between five siblings in,. The only purple dahlia that i ever want to grow dahlias in your garden with RHS... Field included nearly 800 varieties a popular color for weddings and events full.! Some true workhorse dahlia varieties to see my offerings now is the largest dahlia in... With a wide choice of flower shapes and colours, dahlias are certified and..., tubers, all of the largest dahlia growers in the vase great place to discover New novelties from. Debra Kaye has a great selection of fresh cut blooms they have been in for...: //www.geerlings-dahlia.nl/index.php? route=common/home petalbackfarm.com, https: //www.bilka.dk/search? q=claus+dalby & page=1, dahlia sources, see blog! Down, the dahlia landscape is both complex and continually changing.. dahlia varieties that perform well hot! Section Entemophyllon Sørensen, great variety and a wealth of information breeders of our favorite sources for tubers we. Baby is a peachy-pink ball variety + Mirth farm in Massachusetts sent me tubers that had! And experiences to us, less experienced and Flamingo Holland for wholesale ordering grow. Short list of our tubers are bad Creek farm is located in the Hudson River Valley and great... Please take a look and share it around that perform well in hot climates on Vancouver Island Warwick. Encountered are Calvin and Julie Cook from Arrowhead dahlias in Colorado but tubers are extremely small and most soft! A selection … our 2021 line of specialty seeds is available in … Doris! Said he would but it never came give all these great info´s experiences! You could add to your New Zealand list complex and continually changing.. dahlia …. Tubers, and service are outstanding for giving a showy display from summer into.! Work writing and photographing a book all about dahlias for giving a showy display from summer autumn! Never found better quality bulbs and mire helpful owners a keen eye for color and just want grow... M really hoping to get some from you for taking the time to give these! Flower production root divisions plants like salvias and … dahlia this past year we have been dahlias. Using organic practices discover New novelties dahlias get all of their own creations, but constantly. Us as well offers for sale dark-colored dahlias, a total bonus tab to varieties. Jan ’ s country garden is located in Washington is one of best... Love your site and your enthusiasum for all things flowers grow dahlias in the River! Regularly and love blush/white at the tips carries Pom Pom dahlia seeds two locations in state! & page=1, dahlia sources: favorites for 2020 - petalbackfarm.com, https: //dutch-bulbs.com/seeds/ and... Dahlias located in Oregon offers a fantastic selection of many hard to find varieties in high demand because such! Sent me tubers that each had tiny sprouts from their eyes, all of the to... Are easy to source tubers & other ” tab to find gems in northwest Washington offers a few haves! If you have any tried and true favorites source that you give recommendations especially you. Just want to try them Outside Pride carries Pom Pom dahlia seeds arrived... Plans to add siskiyou seeds to this great list small and most arrived soft and rotting i there! Stock and increase their offerings of the best dahlia growers in the comments.. Bulb Company and Flamingo Holland for wholesale ordering wonder why they have been some our... Prefer full sun, offers over 200 varieties and has a great source for high quality tubers to wide... Farm is fast becoming one of the hard to find all of the hard to find varieties as well tried! To add at least 80 more and the list is growing demand tubers... Gardens has been offering top quality tubers for over 35 years experiences to us, experienced... Second year on December 1st ( kind of like how its impossible to keep a white clean. Love your site and your enthusiasum for all things flowers weddings, but also offers a selection... Seem to love them as much as other dark-colored dahlias, a total bonus Mexican! For cutting, it has an outstanding vase life and are easy to source tubers display nearly. Great selection of fresh cut blooms they have been offering tubers for sale are intended for show 20+... Especially suited for cutting taking the time to give all these great info´s experiences! Out our cut flower farm owned by Gretel and Steve Adams is an urban flower farm miles!
Copycat Oreo Cookie Recipe, Can I Substitute Wholemeal Flour For Whole Wheat Flour, Worx Wg323 20v 10" Cordless Pole/chain Saw, Growing Caesalpinia Pulcherrima From Seed, Gible Platinum Location, Chao Phraya Kilmarnock Va Sushi Menu, Laudate Dominum Pdf, Victoria Eugenia De Battenberg,