Melissa de la Cruz Enrolls Us All in Gotham High With eighty years of history behind them, it’s sometimes easy to forget that Batman, Catwoman, the Joker and all the other heroes and villains of Gotham were teenagers once. Batman is a figure I know a bit more about because of the Marie Lu book, but other than that I just am familiar with these … Where do you envision this story going in the future? Melissa de la Cruz is the #1 New York Times, #1 Publisher's Weekly, and #1 IndieBound bestselling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for readers of all ages including Alex and Eliza, The Descendants, The Witches of East End, and Blue Bloods. Gotham High goes on sale in comic book stores April 1 and everywhere books are sold April 7, but check out an early excerpt: Credit: Where did you get the idea to make that a full-on love triangle? DE LA CRUZ: I wanted to write about a young Bruce Wayne, so obviously there’s going to be a love story. It’s such a fun, iconic character that I could put my own spin on. HyperDC — Melissa de la Cruz Enrolls Us All in Gotham High. And to do it for a younger audience specifically, it’s so cool because there haven’t been too many young Bruce Wayne stories. Is he able to have friends? This beauty is officially out today ( April 7, 2020). It gives it this fabulous Crazy Rich Asians sheen to it. Get insights on the creation of the high school version of our legendary and beloved heroes/villains: Batman… I was hooked from the premise alone – putting the Joker, Batman, and Catwoman all in the same high school. All Rights Reserved. Author Melissa de la Cruz and illustrator Thomas Pitilli preview a Batman story like you've never seen. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Melissa De La Cruz is on Facebook. Published by DC Comics, this story offers some wonderful twists and insights to our legendary and beloved heroes: Batman, Catwoman, and The Joker. I love the idea of building up more of that Poison Ivy character and Harvey character, so hopefully that happens. They were stunning and really creative. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Nothing is ever as it seems, especially at Gotham High, where the parties and romances are of the highest stakes…and where everyone is a suspect. Review: Gotham High. This is so set up for a sequel. DE LA CRUZ: I’m a series writer, a franchise writer. In this post, Melissa de la Cruz opens up to Tim Beedle about her new graphic novel, Gotham High. With Selina Kyle as the narrator, I loved reading how the story played out. Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. He was the hardest character to visualize and design because he’s not your average villain. I just wrote The Queen’s Assassin, about a girl who doesn’t want to be a princess. Melissa’s father is working as a investment banker. It’s an imagining of our favourite hero and a few villains as they go through high school. Melissa de la Cruz turns her pen toward a graphic novel inspired by the high school years of iconic superheroes and villains: Batman… A New York Times and Indie Bestseller! Melissa de la Cruz (born 1971) is a New York Times bestselling Filipina-American author known for her work in young adult fiction.She has written several series of young adult novels, including the Au Pair series and the Blue Bloods series, and a contemporary fiction series following The Beauchamp Family, as well as a number … And then there’s a girl in the middle — the hottest girl to ever walk the halls of high school [laughs] — and what does she want? Speaking of that love triangle, we’ve always seen Batman, the Joker, and Catwoman at odds with each other, and sometimes Batman and Catwoman in romantic situations. Of all the new YA DC graphic novels that have come out so far, Gotham High is the first to really blatantly set up a sequel. © 2020 Melissa de la Cruz. DE LA CRUZ: I always remember this quote from Truman Capote’s In Cold Blood, where he’s talking about the killers and he says something like, "We came from the same place, but I walked out the front door and he walked out the back door." The Joker’s pretty hot, so he’s got to be in there. But making him Chinese was a no-brainer — everyone was on board from the beginning. After Bruce, a rich Chinese-American loner, gets kicked out of his boarding school, he returns to Gotham City to find his home and former friends are nothing like he left them. MELISSA DE LA CRUZ: My husband is a big Batman fan, so when DC called and said, "We want to do a YA line, what character do you want to do?" Gotham High is a young adult graphic novel, written by Melissa De La Cruz and illustrated by Thomas Pitilli. ADVERTISEMENT With eighty years of history behind them, it’s sometimes easy to forget that Batman, Catwoman, the Joker and all the other heroes and villains of Gotham were teenagers once. DE LA CRUZ: And we barely even saw Robin! It came out of trying to figure out all their desires. Melissa spent her early days in Manila , Philippines and moved to the United States with her family when she was just 12 years. DE LA CRUZ: Bruce Wayne is the billionaire. PITILLI: There’s a Shakespearean aspect to the love triangle, and I was trying to feed off of that with the art by making all the characters almost overact. I wanted to do Batman. Click to read more about Gotham High by Melissa De la Cruz. It reminded me a lot of the show, Riverdale. Melissa de la Cruz Enrolls Us All in Gotham High. Melissa de la Cruz weaves all this and more in a blockbuster sequel that is not to be missed by her fans, and one that is sure to enchant new readers of the series. From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Alex and Eliza and The Witches of East End comes a reimagining of Gotham for a new generation of readers. I got to interview the lovely Melissa de la Cruz again for her upcoming graphic novel release, Gotham High! I’m hoping to do more of Jack’s story in the second book. 17k Followers, 237 Following, 3,754 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Melissa de la Cruz (@authormelissadelacruz) DC Comics, 2020 - Graphic novels - 208 pages. She now divides her time between New York and Los Angeles, where she lives in the Hollywood Hills with her husband Michael Johnston and daughter. He’s the richest man alive. Before they became Batman, Catwoman and the Joker, Bruce, Selina and Jack were high schoolers who would do whatever it took—even destroy the ones they love—to … What excited you both about debuting new versions of not only Batman, but also the Joker and Catwoman? There’s this feeling that they’re the same person, just with different circumstances. So I wanted to give him a look that played off both sides of his personality. PITILLI: There’s so much there to explore further.
Lakatan Vs Cavendish, Why Do We Love Dogs So Much, Force Of Vigor Rules, Patel Brothers Roti Maker, Gigabyte Geforce Rtx 2060 6gb Oc Video Card, Similes In Romeo And Juliet Act 1 Scene 5,