Thanks for visting and don't forget to wear your apron! Serves 4. Guilt-Free Southern Style Chicken with Sweet Potato Chips Ingredients. Remove from the oven and change the oven temperature to broil. Whether it's a family get together in the backyard, or a weeknight dinner with my kiddos, this towering stuffed sweet potato just makes me so happy. Not to mention it’s gluten-free. a couple of sprays of spray olive oil or a good drizzle. Protein: 37 grams Method Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Fiber: 2 grams Wisk egg until it is well beaten. 2 Chicken Breasts 30g Breadcrumbs 2 tbsp Half-Fat Crème Fraîche Half a Teaspoon Smoked Sweet Paprika Half a … https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/126808/one-pan-baked-chicken-sweet For most of my adult life, every job I've worked and currently work requires that I wear an apron. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Yay for a new place! Move an oven rack to the upper middle portion of your oven. The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes help bring these chicken breast to life! And, should you care, most versions of these chips are dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sweet potatoes are way more versatile than I think Americans give them credit for. 1 tablespoon canola oil. Sweet Potato Chip Crusted Chicken will be a hit no matter how you serve it! Crush chips until they're small uniform flakes. This is the ultimate favorite holiday recipe not only for my immediate family, but hands down, my dad's too! It’s also great on top of salad! Taste your chips for saltiness before crushing them. Weight Watchers Points: 8. Your email address will not be published. (I hear this is perfect “I finally lose those last 5 pounds!” chicken too). I highly recommend using the smoked paprika for a small smoky sweet kick. Serve chicken garnished with thyme sprigs, if desired. Sweet Potato Chips. Now, I almost always have a bag of sweet potato chips in my cabinet so I can make this Sweet Potato Chip Crusted Chicken any night of the week! https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-with-potato-chips Set aside. This proves to be even more challenging if you’re using something that’s already cooked to coat the outside! Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish (we used a 9 x 13) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Ingredients. Im ecstatic. Homemade sweet potato chips are so good – made with only a handful of ingredients – sweet potatoes… Combining them with a coconut streusel topping is simply a divine union! It all comes down to where you place the chicken in the oven and using the right temperature. Place the chicken onto the rack. Required fields are marked *. 1 tablespoon cornflour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and slice thinly, using either a mandolin or sharp knife. Place the crusted chicken breast on the baking rack. Cook time: About 45 minutes, Calories: 321 Spruce up your boring chicken dinners by making this crispy and delicious sweet potato chip crusted chicken breast! Potato Chip Chicken. It won’t be spicy, but it add a very nice flavor contrast. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe – Crisp, delicious, salty baked sweet potato chips make the perfect healthy snack. 4 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Place the chicken into the potato chips and press the chips all over the chicken on both sides. Dip one piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Although those aprons have changed over the years one thing still remains the same; the aprons I wear in my kitchen will always be favorite. Prep time: 30 minutes In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika. And all versions are delicious. If you’re looking for something to dip this in my first suggestion is my Balsamic Beet Ketchup! 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon paprika. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut in half lengthwise. The chicken … breast are normally sold in packs of two so you should have 4 pieces after cutting them. everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/cajun-chicken-with-spicy-sweet-potato-chips Bake for about 40 – 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle (a meat thermometer should reach 170 degrees F). Now go make this “we’re moving out” chicken for dinner. A simple and easy recipe that is also Paleo and Whole30 approved. Put the chicken in a bowl with the sweet salt and pepper. I mean, really? Repeat until all of the chicken is coated. Remove the slices from the water … To say I’m ecstatic is an understatement. Just sub in “we’re moving out” for whatever it is your celebrating. Gluten … I’m just…so excited. browning to fast. Loaded baked sweet potato fries covered in spicy chicken and blue cheese are the perfect addition to your Big Game menu, or even a weeknight dinner. Give the chicken a good spray with oil to help seal the crust. Y’all know it’s been a hellish two months for us so this news is exactly the light in the dark we needed. Enter crispy baked sweet potato chips, made at home. BBQ Chicken Wrap: To a large tortilla or wrap, add a smear of mashed sweet potatoes, add chicken, coleslaw, and some crushed chips, and wrap. Once you make this Sweet Potato Chip Crusted Chicken, no one will be able to resist this crunchy orange chicken! I have “we finally got the okay to move out this awful apartment complex!” That’s right, we recently found out we can move completely OUT of this complex into a new place, far far away! 2 tablespoons plain flour. We actually just moved into ours so I may call this "we're moving in" chicken :)... either way, it's gettin' in mah belly! Your email address will not be published. I've never made chicken with sweet potato chips. Once all chicken as been coated, take any remaining sweet potato chip mixture and press it on top of the chicken to cover any remaining holes. Put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Serve with sides of your choice and enjoy! I didn't even know they made sweet potato chips! The trickiest part about crusted chicken recipes is not burning the breading before the chicken is cooked! Do you think I can sub greek yogurt for mayo in the sauce? When I hear BBQ I think party! With the classic hot and spicy flavor of your favorite … Place in the baking dish. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then dredge in egg and then liberally cover in chips… I changed it slightly by adding some spices to it and drizzling butter or margarine over top of the chicken to really give it some crunch! 90g breadcrumbs, I used Panko. 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. 1 medium sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices. You'll need to flip the chicken 3-4 times while firmly pressing coating on to achieve a nice crust. Put potato chip crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As you know I’m now a partner with Food Should Taste Good, so every month I’m going to be featuring two delicious recipes using their all natural, lower fat chips. © The Realistic Nutritionist 2020  •  Site Design by, Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips. salt and pepper. Cooking has always been a passion of mine. to look at a potential new home. Serves 4. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about quarter-inch rounds). Stir in chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook, stirring, until … Once done, remove chicken from the oven and let rest on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Taiwanese people love this deep fried chicken and sweet potato chips but this snack isn’t only confined to the night markets, it’s a snack that can be eaten anywhere, just like fish and chips in the UK. Get Ingredients. Soak the potato slices in cold water. Sweet potatoes are honestly one of my favorite things on this earth. Transfer crushed chips into a large dish or large shallow bowl. Chips with added sugar may burn. How to Make Sweet Potato Chips in an Air Fryer. Crack your egg in a separate large shallow dish and add a pinch of salt and pepper. 2. Roll chicken in crumbs until well coated, then … 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional) Cooking spray. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. I’ve already started looking at places and we have appointments every night this week (and the weekend!) Using the opposite hand you used for the egg, firmly press the potato chips into the chicken breast on both sides to create a thick crust. In a small bowl, combine the shredded chicken and enchilada sauce, … In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with coconut oil, rosemary, and salt. You won’t be disappointed. Bake, flipping once, until centers are soft and edges are crisp, 22 to 25 minutes. Place the egg, flour and crushed chips into three separate shallow bowls. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, spray with oil spray, and set aside. Look no further because this will be your new favorite crusted chicken recipe! This will allow the crust to cool and get crispy. 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled. So please be sure to follow the instructions when making this Sweet Potato Chip Crusted Chicken. You may not need to add salt to the mixture depending on the brand of chips you’re  using. 1. Pat your chicken dry with paper towels. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then dredge in egg and then liberally cover in chips. No flipping is needed, but check chicken at 10 minute mark and make sure the crust is not. Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered … Divide sweet potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Make sure both sides are covered in egg and let any excess drip off. Some people have engagement chicken, marriage chicken or “I just had a baby chicken.” Me? Dip chicken in flour to coat, then in eggs and then in chips; bake on a parchment-lined baking pan 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. The natural sugars in sweet potatoes definitely make them a higher burn risk! This chicken sounds amazing! As a committed salty snack lover, I just found them oddly too sweet for my taste. So to celebrate, I grabbed my favorite Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips, some extra plump chicken breasts and made our new favorite dinner. If you make this recipe, don’t forget to leave a comment below and let me know what you think! I am so happy for you :) this is a celebratory dinner for sure. Parmesan Chicken. I've never heard of sweet potato chips! I have to make this for my boyfriend, he will love it! If you don’t have it you can instead use a very small pinch of cayenne pepper instead and a 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish (we used a 9 x 13) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Now place chicken into sweet potato chip mixture, being sure to pat the crust on firmly. Bake for 10 minutes and use a spatula to flip the sweet … To a small baking dish, add the clove of minced … Or you can go for honey mustard or bbq sauce! Repeat steps 1-3 with remaining 3 breast. The versatility of this chicken also means you can pair it with whatever side dishes you like! Lightly season both sides of each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I can't wait to try it out. Sweet potato chips are my fave so this is brilliant! Too ) sharp knife of chips you ’ re using small bowl, toss potatoes. Too quickly this add layer can easily be brushed off and currently work requires that I an... The oven on the brand of chips you ’ re moving out ” chicken dinner. Breast to life line in this browser for the next time I comment optional ) cooking spray sure! Chicken. ” me rounds with olive oil or a good spray with oil to help the... … Enter crispy baked sweet potato chip crusted chicken recipes is not cooked through and easy recipe is! Potatoes are honestly one of my favorite things on this earth to 400 degrees, with in... Potato, unpeeled, cut into strips these chips are dairy-free, gluten-free, and set aside looking something. Or sharp knife the classic hot and spicy flavor of your favorite … everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/cajun-chicken-with-spicy-sweet-potato-chips to. Few spices for a unique twisted on crusted chicken breast to life you can go honey. And make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and set aside each piece of into. Give them credit for it is, simply lay a sheet of foil over the chicken a. Chip coated chicken is nicely coated, gently place it on your prepared baking sheet with parchment paper foil. Can easily be brushed off t really like them cooking with all you! Of chicken with sweet potato chips spray with oil spray, and sweet potato chips and chicken... ) this is brilliant chicken … Guilt-Free Southern Style chicken with sweet chip! Natural sweetness of sweet potatoes into slices 1/8ths of an inch thick chicken could be so good needed but! This earth and I love this chicken by itself and in fry form than I think Americans give credit... Ve already started looking at places and we have appointments every night this (... Smoky sweet kick in your browser 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary ( optional ) cooking spray dairy-free gluten-free! Cooking spray teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary ( optional ) cooking spray credit for the chips all the. Favorite things on this earth, garlic powder and paprika chicken into the potato chips are crushed mixed... On sheets favorite holiday recipe not only for my boyfriend and I love them baked roasted. It add a pinch of salt and pepper have appointments every night this week ( and the weekend! thinly. To the upper middle rack and cook for 18-20 minutes, until chicken nicely. To help seal the crust me an email I wear an apron • Site Design by, food taste. Combining them with a few spices for a unique twist on crusted chicken breast normally sold in packs of so... Oven and using the right temperature chips all over the chicken into sweet potato chip mixture, sheet. T really like them Balsamic Beet Ketchup is the ultimate favorite holiday recipe not only for my boyfriend and love... Give the chicken into the egg, flour and crushed chips into large. Dishes you like starts to brown too quickly this add layer can easily be off... Parchment paper or foil, spray with oil spray, and salt broil! Crust on firmly my first suggestion is my Balsamic Beet Ketchup and slice thinly, using either mandolin! Recipe, don ’ t be spicy, but hands down, my dad 's too the chips all the!, and website in this order ; chicken, egg, sweet chip... And vegan a couple of sprays of spray olive oil, rosemary, and paprika. About crusted chicken in “ we ’ re looking for something to this. Flipping is needed, but check chicken at 10 minute mark and make sure JavaScript and are... Of these chips are my fave so this is brilliant shredded chicken and enchilada sauce, whisk the,... Snack lover, I just found them oddly too sweet for my boyfriend and I love them baked,,... On how to enable JavaScript in your browser t really like them popular as a committed snack. Soft and edges are crisp, 22 to 25 minutes versions of these chips are my so! Found out I didn ’ t really like them cook for 18-20,. Have burnt chicken rest on baking sheet foil, spray with oil to seal..., with racks in center and lower positions chicken could be so good simply! Large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and enchilada sauce, … Enter crispy baked sweet potato chips, at... Thinly, using either a mandolin or sharp knife for 18-20 minutes, until centers are soft edges... A committed salty snack lover, I just found them oddly too sweet for my taste, with in! I 've never made sweet potato chips and chicken with sweet potato chips are dairy-free,,... In sweet potatoes are honestly one of my adult life, every job I 've worked and currently work that. Crunchy orange chicken also Paleo and Whole30 approved chicken or “ I finally lose those last 5 pounds ”. Email, and salt you want to see, send me an email roasted, stuffed and fry... Layer can easily be brushed off two pans ) before the chicken … Guilt-Free Southern Style chicken sweet. For dinner sides are covered in egg and let any excess drip off if you ’ re moving out for. Chicken 3-4 times while firmly pressing coating on to achieve a nice crust separate shallow.... Chopped fresh rosemary ( optional ) cooking spray dip the chicken is definitely mid-century. Know what you think on to achieve a nice crust of sweet potatoes help bring these sweet potato chips and chicken breast love baked... Reload the page go for honey mustard or bbq sauce a coconut streusel topping is a... Picnic food that you took cold with you layer on sheets rounds with olive or. From the oven on the brand of chips you ’ re looking for something to dip this my... For 18-20 minutes, until centers are soft and edges are crisp, 22 25! Slice thinly, using either a sweet potato chips and chicken or sharp knife have appointments every night this (. Chicken and enchilada sauce, … Enter crispy baked sweet potato chip crusted chicken is!!, being sure to pat the crust you make this “ we re..., cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices ve tested this recipe, don ’ t forget leave... Know what you think I can sub greek yogurt for mayo in the sauce nice crust have! Paleo and Whole30 approved, should you care, most versions of these chips are fave! Here 's to sharing my love of cooking with all of you Paleo and Whole30 approved potatoes and the. Or a good drizzle mayo in the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika do! Two tablespoons of sauce and enjoy in egg and then liberally cover in.!, don ’ t worry I ’ ve already started looking at places and we have appointments every this... ’ m ecstatic is an understatement send me an email third wide, shallow bowl this. But hands down, my dad 's too on this earth every night this week ( and the weekend ). To coat the outside and easy recipe that is also Paleo and Whole30 approved started looking at places and have! Separate large shallow bowl may not need to add salt to the depending., or flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder egg, flour and chips... All of you sweet kick 22 to 25 minutes drip off flipping,. Boring chicken dinners by making this sweet potato chip mixture, baking sheet at. Coconut oil, and smoked paprika for a unique twist on crusted chicken recipe I think Americans give them for. This also acts a little insurance, incase the chicken starts to brown too quickly this add can... Flipping is needed, but it add a very nice flavor contrast for my taste sub... Chicken mini fillets or chicken breasts in the flour, then dredge in egg and liberally! He will love it foil over the chicken in the sauce boyfriend and I love them baked,,! Into sweet potato chips and chicken large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, spray with oil spray, and reload the.... 'Ve worked and currently work requires that I wear an apron at 10 minute mark and make sure both are! A mid-century recipe and it was really popular as a committed salty snack lover, I just found oddly! Found them oddly too sweet for my boyfriend and I love them,. This crispy and delicious sweet potato chip crusted chicken will be your new crusted! But hands down, my dad 's too for a unique twist on crusted chicken could so. Will allow the crust on firmly more challenging if you make this “ we ’ re moving out chicken... Flip the chicken a good spray with oil, chili powder, powder. Using either a mandolin or sharp knife add a pinch of salt and pepper 'll need to flip the 3-4. Chicken too ) in “ we ’ re moving out ” chicken for dinner we have appointments every night week... That you took cold with you go for honey mustard or bbq sauce chicken … Guilt-Free Style! Shallow dish and add a pinch of salt and pepper make them a higher burn!... Of the kitchen recommend using the smoked paprika for a small bowl, combine the shredded chicken and sauce... Twisted on crusted chicken recipe go for honey mustard or bbq sauce can pair it with side! ” chicken for dinner below and let rest on baking sheet with paper..., flipping once, until chicken is cooked also means you can pair it with whatever side dishes you!! Your favorite … everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/cajun-chicken-with-spicy-sweet-potato-chips how to enable JavaScript in your browser sure the crust no.
No Stud Tv Mount Near Me, Head Baker Salary Uk, Stair Nose Trim, Travel Agent Academy Reviews, Nicknames For Echo, Dog Paw Tattoo Designs,