I've looked everywhere, so any help would be great. 3. 1 decade ago. This is an example of a metaphor. The symbol of the star. Relevance????? Night becomes a place of safety within this play because the feud between the two families exists in the day-lit streets. The intense love between Romeo and Juliet, however, is a counterpoint to the tragedy that swirls around them. In the play Mercutio says to Romeo "You are a lover, borrow Cupid's wings, And soar with them above a common bound" (Shakespeare I.iv.17-18). A. Flashback B. Foreshadowing C. Tone D. Symbol Weegy: In Romeo and Juliet act 3, scene 5, what literary element is expressed by Juliet's lines? The star is a symbol because it represents the love of Romeo and Juliet. They were two people who were never supposed to end up together but got stuck in the path of the stars and became star crossed lovers. Favorite Answer. Can someone please give me an example of a symbol in Act III of Romeo and Juliet? (Act 3 Scene 2) Juliet is describing Romeo's face to her Nurse. 9 years ago. Romeo and Juliet were said to be star crossed lovers. He talks about poison being a natural substance, made evil in the hands of humans. In Act II, scene iv, Juliet goes against the wishes of her father and marries Romeo. Relevance. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Start studying Act 3 Romeo and Juliet. However, sex, a conduit to new life, tragically marks the beginning of the sequence that will end in Romeo and Juliet's deaths. Romeo and Juliet: Plot Summary, Act 3 Act 3, Scene 1 Act 3 opens with Mercutio and Benvolio walking as usual around the town. Benvolio's keen instinct is telling him that a brawl could erupt in the street at any moment, and he warns Mercutio that they should go home at … Night in Shakespeare's plays, such as Hamlet and Macbeth, often symbolizes evil, the uncanny, or danger.However, in Romeo and Juliet the night is "blessed" and the lovers are protected by the "cloak of night." What is an example of a symbol in Romeo and Juliet Act 3? Oh god, I have an ill-divining soul," she calls down to him. In Act 3, the lovers look forward to consummating their relationship. 2 Answers. Shop the Black Friday Sale: Get 50% off Quizlet Plus through Monday Learn more (Act 3, scene 3)Romeo: ‘Tis torture, and not mercy. One symbol in Act 3 of Romeo and Juliet is the ring that Juliet gives the Nurse to give to Romeo - it is a symbol of her love. Anonymous. Read expert analysis on symbols in Romeo and Juliet. A key symbol in Romeo and Juliet is poison. Heaven is here, Where Juliet lives; and every cat and dog And little mouse, every unworthy thing," (Act 3 Scene 3) Romeo is telling Friar Lawrence how his banishment from Verona is a terrible punishment and torture because he is not with Juliet. (Act 3, scene 2)Juliet: “Come, civil night,Thou sober-suited matron all in black,And learn me how to lose a winning match,Play’d for a pair of stainless maidenhoods.” Juliet is begging for night to come so that she can see Romeo. Answer Save. =) Answer Save. Death and premonitions thereof. Poison is first introduced in act 2 scene 2. 1 Answer. User: In Romeo and Juliet act 3, scene 5, what literary element is expressed by Juliet's lines? One of the many symbols Shakespeare uses in Romeo and Juliet is the symbol of Cupid. Act 3 Scene 2 “Come, night, come Romeo; come, thou day in night;” We can track this motif from the very start to finish. The morning after their wedding night Juliet learns that her father has moved the day of her wedding with Paris to Thursday in an attempt to make Juliet happy and to try and get her to stop mourning her cousin Tybault’s death. The symbol of Cupid is used to develop the theme of the fickle nature of love as well as the plot of the story. Lv 7. Favorite Answer. "I'll to the friar to know his remedy: / If all else fail, myself have power to die." "'Tis torture, and not mercy.
5/4 Deck Boards 24 On Center, Ielts 15 Speaking Test 4, Paternoster Rig For Pike Fishing, Lula Cafe Vegan, Greenworks Pressure Washer Serial Number Location, Project Selection Pdf, Online Alcohol Gift Cards, Oxidation Number Notes,