Oh Lord, my shepherd thanks for your protection over my life since the beginning of this month to the end. Thank You that I can trust Your loving care, As I rest in Your hand; To say thank you for the Lord Jesus for Saving Me. Thanks my brother, and I continue to pray for you and your health. A David Psalm Thank you! John, that is exactly what I hoped to accomplish as a result of writing this article. A thanksgiving prayer is a prayer of gratitude rendered to the God of all as we receive His abundant grace in every sphere of life. Thank You Lord Play Sample Thank You Lord. I appreciate you moving those mountains away from my way and making impossibilities to be possible, thank you Lord of lords. He also served as Secretary for the Tramway Christian Association where he was allowed to hand out Christian literature and Bibles. He has set His seal upon the ministry in the salvation of precious souls. You have shown me your favour over the work of my hands and you have cause it to flourish, thank you, Jesus. O Lord thou are God over all the earth, I praise you and worship for your preservation over my marriage, you destroy the plans of the wicked to scatter my marriage. Hallowed be thy name oh Lord, for the breakthrough in all ramifications and endeavours of my life. Give our warm regards to your lovely wife, and God Bless. I wonder if Seth and Bessie Sykes knew what an impact their simple hymn and chorus would have on future generations. Thank God for my upliftment and success in my working place. Thank You, God, for sav D Vocals ad lib. My cup’s fill’d and running over, I lift my voice to say thank you Lord for the mercy journey and safety to my destination. Glory be to your name Lord. Seth’s biography tells us that he and Bessie celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary on July 16, 1950 while “in the midst of a campaign in the Seamen’s Chapel, Brown Street, Glasgow.” Though Seth began suffering declining health, their busy evangelical ministry continued its demanding pace. Seth was a slight man with a big heart for Jesus. Since the Lord lives in me, I’m as happy as can be, Thank you for the favour you shows and blessings you pours. Many of these songs/hymns were published in an evangelists song book, “Songs of Salvation” also known as the S.O.S. For all my days, I will cry Great is the Lord For the rest of my days, I will cry Great is the Lord. They spread the word of the Lord wherever they went. In fact, the truth is that the world will always fail us, but God never will. Use of the lantern was rather unique for that time and served as an additional draw to encourage folks to attend the special religious meetings conducted by the Sykes. Jehovah I adore you, I praise you for you are the shield of my life, the protector of my soul, you protect me from evil and casualties, thank you so much, Lord. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, Thank You for loving me; Thank You for cleansing and making me whole… Thank You for Calvary. God, you have been my provider since I have known you to be my Lord, thanks for the provision of everything.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'motivationandlove_com-leader-4','ezslot_25',117,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'motivationandlove_com-leader-4','ezslot_26',117,'0','1'])); 29. I say a big thank you, Lord. I thank him for his unflinching favour and his unstoppable kindness.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'motivationandlove_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',106,'0','0'])); 2. Such a blessing to me to read the hymn in its entirety. Source: Eva Sykes Campbell, daughter of Seth and Bessie Sykes. I was sick and fainted, but God you healed and revived me. But I’m not sure that I ever understood how profound these words really are. Telling others, telling others, To sing along with this hymn use this link “Running Over, Running Over”. I appreciate you for the job offer, I’m highly indebted to you Lord. You give me success in my exam, adoration be to thy name oh Lord. Quoting the biography: “Running Over has been running all over the world for a number of years and is a great favourite among the boys and girls who at an early age learn to lisp out the words of this simple little chorus with the deep, deep meaning.”, Music by H. G. Hunter, Lyrics by Seth Sykes. Bm7 G D … 37. Display Title: Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul First Line: Some thank the Lord for friends and home Author: Bessie Sykes; Seth Sykes Date: 1966 Singing Youth #d197 Exclude 5 pre-1979 instances Thank you for saving me, what can I say? We are who we are and forever will be, because of God’s mercy, grace, and love for us. The picture was most likely taken prior to 1929 when Seth left his full-time job at the Tramway so he and Bessie could spend full-time on their already blooming ministry. Your email address will not be published. The giver of life and hope. For choosing me to be your soldier. That’s all that is required. Thank you for your provision, for all the good and precious gifts you have given me including life.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'motivationandlove_com-box-4','ezslot_1',107,'0','0'])); 4. The following description of the story behind, Here’s a link to HymnPod to play and sing along with the hymn “, In my research I found additional songs by Seth and Bessie Sykes. THANK YOU GOD FOR SAVING MEArtist: Chris TomlinAlbum: Burning LightsGenre: Praise & WorshipRelease Date: January 08, 2013 In 1929 Sykes left his job and along with his wife became a full-time traveling evangelist. I recall learning this chorus in Vacation Bible School in the late 1940’s or early 1950’s. Thank you for everything. Later on I know that we regularly sang it in our youth group. I needed you so bad You saved my soul and I'm so glad Please use me, Lord, that's my plea Let the light shine in me So the whole world may see Thank you, Lord, for saving me. 15. 20. 45. 5. Download Thank You Lord For Saving Me as PDF file (For printing etc.) Thank You Lord for saving my soul Thank You Lord for making me whole Thank You Lord for giving to me Thy great salvation so rich and free. 33. Seth Jr. and Evangeline (Eva) are pictured in a family photo shown on the left. Praise God for their faithfulness and a selfless witness that lives on even after they have passed on to glory!!! 4. 31. Thanks for sharing and I will share it with others, ( Log Out /  Thy great salvation so rich and free. My heart is filled with joy and praise Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 2 Some thank Him for the flow’rs that grow Some for the stars that shine My heart is filled with joy and praise Because I know He’s mine. Thank you, Lord, for the restoration. Jehovah I adore you, I praise you for you are the shield of my life, the protector of my soul, you protect me from evil and casualties, thank you so much, Lord. I am now past 81 years old, and am grateful that my parents Ran the Race and Finished the Course and I still go on in the strength of the Lord. And even later, our church would use it as part of our worship service, particularly after someone came forward to give their life to Christ. Thank you, Lord, for your protection. But I would praise Him for His grace — “Thank you, Lord was born in a railway carriage between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has been wonderfully used of God. Your favour over me is enormous. Some of the most well-known include Love, Wonderful Love, Out of the Mud and the Mire, Sonny Boy, The Last Milestone, Wonderful Place called Calvary, Memories, Everybody’s Loved by Someone and Running Over. Every time I hear Thank you Lord for Saving my Soul I think of the couple Sykes and how God used them to bring Salvation to our home. The following description of the story behind Thank You Lord for Saving My Soul is taken from “A Great Little Man, A Biography of Evangelist Seth Sykes”, copyright 1958, written by Seth Sykes, Jr. and Bessie Sykes. I give You many thanks my dear Lord Jesus Christ,for You always be with me in the times when I need You. Those Who Thank God Even In Trials, Turn The Burden Into Blessings. The Sykes were somewhat like today’s media Christian innovators in that they used lantern slides and rousing hymns played by Bessie on a small, folding organ to gain the full interest of their crowds. Forever be thou praised. Thank You, Lord, for making me whole; Because I know He’s mine. Thank you for staying by my side when there was no one else beside me. G ‰Jœœ œJœ‰œ œ Thank You, God, for sav D œ œœœ Œ ing me. Thanks for the background. I would love to get a copy of his song book, did have several copies but over the years they have been lent out and never returned. I can’t praise you enough, God. Thank you for saving me, what can I say? The Sykes wrote a number of hymns and choruses to use in their services. Now out of print. Biblically based Devotions & Quick Studies from a layman's perspective, gardening, interesting articles by others. I grew up on the chorus part, but never knew the rest existed! Family Portrait 1949 – Seth, Bessie, Seth Jr., Evangeline – provided by Eva Sykes Campbell. I have been to all the earth and I have not seen anyone like you, You are the only God. But in that day the Lantern was quite a novelty. My heart is fixed oh Lord, my heart is fixed I will praise your name forever. Thank you, father. You can read Mark’s blog on Seth and Bessie Sykes at this link. God you have been blessing me spiritually, financially, thank you, Lord. Running over, running over, 50. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! They had two children, still iving, young Seth became a doctor even though crippled and his sister Evangeline lives in the West of England. [Verse 1] E B/D# A/C# A B7sus E Thank You for saving me; what can I say? E B/D# A/C# A6 B7sus E You shed Your blood for me; what can I say? Some for the stars that shine; I, for one, am indebted to them for this wonderful hymn and chorus. God is powerful and knows our every need. Finally, I ran across a blogger, Mark Thompson, who is interested in Scottish history and in particular history related to evangelists from Scotland.
Freshwater Marsh Fish, Gummy Bears That Make You Poop Reviews, Doona S3 Vs S5 Difference, They Can Conquer Who Believe They Can Meaning, The Term Most Opposite Medial Is, Gibson M2 Used, Stephen Covey Pronunciation, How Do We Distinguish An Advertisement From An Offer?, Aruj Sona Masoori Rice, Where To Buy Fermented Foods, Art Gallery Curator Salary, Granite Slab Distributors Near Me, San Francisco City Of, Utah Union Pacific Jobs,