This 2.25-mile route, which entails hik­ing three dif­fer­ent trails, takes you up the moun­tain and lets you to explore a glacial val­ley along the way. Your cap­tains and crew — expe­ri­enced and well-versed in the area’s nat­ur­al habi­tat — spe­cial­ize in tak­ing out film crews, pro­fes­sion­al pho­tog­ra­phers, seri­ous bird­ers, and guests that want an unfor­get­table experience. Northern Latitude Adventures.  ...more, Spend a few days or more explor­ing the waters of Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Prince William Sound aboard a beautiful…. Choose a sum­mer dog demon­stra­tion and cart ride, or whisk off by heli­copter for glac­i­er dog sled­ding. Seward has officially been the “Mural Capital of Alaska” since 2008, thanks to 12 large murals painted by local artists, and you’ll find examples around town of how the town achieved this designation. Your best bet for this trail is to go out on one low tide, spend the night — in either a for­est ser­vice cab­in or camp­site — and then return the fol­low­ing day or sev­er­al days lat­er on anoth­er low tide. Alas­ka Saltwater’s small-group whale watch­ing, wildlife, and glac­i­er tours offer dai­ly excur­sions into the pris­tine Kenai Fjord Nation­al Park. Cou­ples and fam­i­lies will rel­ish their time togeth­er explor­ing Seward’s enchant­i­ng coast­line, guid­ed by an engag­ing and knowl­edge­able crew. Photo by Patrice Chandler. Start with a dra­mat­ic flight­see­ing trip in either a heli­copter or ski plane and then get out onto an ancient riv­er of ice for a thrilling glac­i­er explo­ration either hik­ing or climbing. And if you want a view and a challenge, take on the steep slope of Mt. Marathon. Fly by heli­copter for the quick but scenic trip…. Explore Alaska’s Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park ful­ly with a three-day/t­wo-night cus­tom adven­ture per­fect for fam­i­lies or…. The most popular things to do in Seward with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Seward, Hotels near Seward Community Library & Museum, Hotels near Alpine Air Alaska (Seward, AK), Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Seward, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Seward, Kenai Fjords National Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Seward Community Library & Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Things to do near (ANC) Anchorage Intl Airport, See all attractions in Seward on Tripadvisor, See all outdoor activities in Seward on Tripadvisor, Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise from Seward, Exit Glacier Ice Hiking Adventure from Seward, Seward Shore Excursion: Pre- or Post-Cruise Kenai Fjords National Park Tour, Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park Guided Tour with Lunch, See all day trips from Seward on Tripadvisor, See all kid friendly things to do in Seward on Tripadvisor. Set sail in Prince William Sound, Kenai Penin­su­la or along the Inside Pas­sage in a well-appoint­ed yacht that accom­mo­dates just…, Set sail for 7 days and 6 nights with the crew of the M/V Sea Star for small ship adven­ture cruis­ing in Prince William Sound, Kenai Penin­su­la or along the Inside Pas­sage. Want to whale watch, see glac­i­ers, go bird watch­ing or just check out hid­den coves? Seward’s famous SeaLife Center is truly an institution—and with good reason: It’s a great place to see Alaska’s unique wildlife up close. This steep hike is a bit of a chal­lenge, but it pays off. Go flight­see­ing in a heli­copter out of scenic Seward and enjoy unfor­get­table views of the Kenai Moun­tain Range, Res­ur­rec­tion Bay, and gor­geous glac­i­ers. You'll be rewarded with stunning views of Seward after trekking up Mt. In Alaska, car-accessible trailheads are just the beginning of the adventure—after all, most places in Alaska are only accessible by boat or plane. Self-drive vacations. The trail begins at mile 12.1 of the Seward High­way. When you go with Seward Wilder­ness Col­lec­tive, you get a great tour plus a dia­logue with their knowl­edge­able guides about the impacts of cli­mate change, with liv­ing exam­ples right in front of your eyes. How­ev­er, most peo­ple don’t know that there’s also a hik­ing path to the top at Race Point — and it’s far less demand­ing. Love music? A glacier and wildlife cruise is one of the most popular options for how to spend a day in Seward, and it’s easy to see why: Sailing out on these majestic waters filled with marine wildlife and surrounded by dramatic mountains is a thrilling way to experience the area. If you prefer not to go alone, you’ll find some great options for guided hiking in Seward. The Troop Lake Trail branch­es off of this famous trail approx­i­mate­ly 1 mile from the start, reach­ing the lake about a half mile later. The best outdoor activities in Seward according to Tripadvisor travelers are: The best day trips from Seward according to Tripadvisor travelers are: What are the most popular things to do in Seward with kids? You can only get here by boat — on trips offered by Kenai Fjords Tours — but this lush, seclud­ed locale make a rich excur­sion for food­ies, kayak­ers and wildlife lovers. Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center to see Alaska's marine animals up close, Guests with a successful haul from a charter with ProFish-n-Sea. Kids will be thrilled at the hands-on displays. Guides have over 30 years of experience. Take a bou­tique, small-group kayak­ing trip with expe­ri­enced guides at Liq­uid Adven­tures and get close to glac­i­ers in kayaks or pad­dle­boards while look­ing for whales and oth­er marine mam­mals. Get great views of glac­i­ers, whales and wildlife, while also get­ting a great chance to catch the fish that make Alaska’s waters famous. Seward Alaska is considered the ‘gateway’ to the Kenai Fjords National Park. Eas­i­ly acces­si­ble and not very difficult. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Seward, Alaska on Tripadvisor: See 58,467 traveller reviews and photos of Seward tourist attractions. Day Trip from Anchor­age: Seward, Gird­wood Mul­ti-Day Trip from Anchor­age: Overnight Seward, or Watch close­ly for the sign and pull into the off-high­way park­ing area. The trail begins as the Idi­tar­od Trail, and many improve­ments have been made to this sec­tion. Get up close to the Alaskan glac­i­ers and wildlife you came to expe­ri­ence by tak­ing a cruise into Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park on a cus­tom-built cata­ma­ran out of Seward. World-class salmon and trout fish­ing on the Kenai, Kasilof, or remote fly-in rivers. For an even more adventurous option, book remote yurts out in Resurrection Bay. Named after William H. Seward, who was responsible for bringing Alaska into the United States, Seward … Explore Alaska’s Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park ful­ly with a three-day/t­wo-night cus­tom adven­ture per­fect for fam­i­lies or cou­ples. Inside you’ll find a large and heat­ed inte­ri­or, indoor seat­ing for every­one, tables, and Mem­bers of 1% For The Plan­et, Kayak Adven­tures World­wide strives to ful­fill their mis­sion to inspire an active stew­ard­ship of our nat­ur­al world. Hop on board the all-sea­son Miss­ing Lynx and Lost Lynx, the ves­sels bound for what­ev­er Seward Ocean Excur­sion suits your fan­cy. It’s easy, and unde­ni­ably thrilling. It’s the per­fect set­ting for a fam­i­ly or small group vaca­tion. And Major Marine’s ves­sels, which have cozy heat­ed cab­ins and an out­door view­ing area, can take you out to see both. Visit September to April to see the Northern Lights, Best Northern Lights Viewing Spots Near Anchorage, How to Travel to Alaska in January and February, The Best Large Family & Group Vacations in Alaska, How to Get from Anchorage to Your Cruise Port in Whittier or Seward (or the reverse!). Book entire boat for your family or group, or opt to bunk with other guests. Spend a half-day or full day out on the water. Marathon race.  ...more, This lodge sits on Kenai Fjords Tours’s pri­vate island, and is one of your stops on a cruise into…. Choose from a couple solo hikes to get close to the glacier; you can also take a guided ice-hiking or ice-climbing excursion and walk right out on the ice! When in Seward, head out on a com­fort­able cata­ma­ran for an epic day of fish­ing for hal­ibut, salmon, ling­cod, and…, When in Seward, head out on the water with Alas­ka North­ern Out­fit­ters on their com­fort­able 46-foot cata­ma­ran – the Sea Quest — for an epic day of fish­ing for hal­ibut, salmon, ling­cod, and rock­fish. Go behind the scenes with Idi­tar­od mush­ers and get your own thrilling ride with the dogs at Turn­ing Heads Ken­nel. Great for­est-to-beach hik­ing trail. Stun­ning birds-eye views of the Seward area’s alpine mead­ows, glac­i­ers and fjords, and a chance to touch down and…. The trail goes from rain for­est to alpine, pass­es by beau­ti­ful water­falls, and small moun­tain lakes, and ends with the beau­ti­ful Marathon Bowl. Lift off in a heli­copter and enjoy incred­i­ble views on your way to this amaz­ing adven­ture. This fam­i­ly-owned tour oper­a­tor has gone above and beyond to give guests an amaz­ing day on the water since 1990. Taking a water taxi from Seward will expand the range of potential destinations. Take a half- or full-day cruise through Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords. Visit the Alaska Sealife Center. You’ll see Tur­na­gain Arm as the train departs Anchor­age, then a panora­ma of moun­tains, glac­i­ers, lakes, and streams. Hop on board the all-sea­son Miss­ing Lynx and Lost Lynx. Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords are great places to see wildlife and glac­i­ers. Though the first part of the route is very runnable, the next 1.5 miles climb Mount Marathon and are too steep and rocky for most to run. Seward Boat Harbour. Much like the Mount Marathon trail, this hike is a lit­tle stren­u­ous. When going to Alaska you just cannot miss going to Seward. Through small group sea kayak tours in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park, they focus on safe­ty, edu­ca­tion, and con­nect­ing guests with the unique and frag­ile ecosys­tems you’ll visit. Shimmering water backed by snow-capped peaks make for an iconic Alaskan view, and you’ll pass many monuments and landmarks along the trail.  ...more, Fish with Hill on his immac­u­late 46-foot boat and find the hottest fish­ing spots around Seward. Take a boat tour of Kenai Fjords National Park! It’s an easy way to experience the thrill of seeing a glacier and hear it crackling. The 4th of July is an especially big deal here, with many parades (and fireworks of course) as well as a famous foot race up Mt. 211 reviews. This trail extends from the Caine’s Head North Beach through rain­forests and alpine mead­ows to sev­er­al linked beach­es that are great for pic­nic­ing and beach combing. What are the top attractions to visit in Seward? Fill your days loung­ing on the fly­bridge, fish­ing, kayak­ing, strolling beach­es and cruis­ing to your next fan­tas­tic destination. Bald eagles are known to nest in this wood­ed spot near Res­ur­rec­tion Bay — and when you sign up for a…. This lets you sight­see or have lunch on the upper deck while watch­ing the action below. Choose from a vari­ety of three-hour excur­sions or take a full-day trip. Stops include Seward (Kenai Fjords), Girdwood, Whittier & Spencer Glacier, Stops include Wasilla, Talkeetna, Denali National Park & Fairbanks, Major Marine Tours cruises past a a pod of orcas. Stroll the waterfront trails of Seward with a magnificent mountain backdrop. Expe­ri­ence an excit­ing two-mile dog sled ride, tour the rac­ing ken­nel, meet the dogs, cud­dle adorable husky pup­pies, and lis­ten to sto­ries from the Idi­tar­od trail. Exit Glacier Guides. Or come for one of Alaska’s oldest and largest fishing derbies, the Silver Salmon Derby, usually held the second week in August, when anglers compete for the largest catch! The trail winds through a spruce…. Car, train, or group tour. Don’t expect to run very much of this world-famous race route, which begins 2.5 hours south of Anchor­age and climbs near­ly 3,000 feet from down­town Seward. Sign-up for any of the following email series to help plan your Alaska trip. The most intimate multi-day cruise option. The Scenery of Seward Is Breathtaking. Scenic Seward, flanked by rugged mountains to one side and sparkling Resurrection Bay on the other, has a way of luring visitors. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Access the park from behind the State of Alas­ka Seward Job Cen­ter com­plex. Expe­ri­ence the unique thrill of sum­mer dog sled­ding on a glac­i­er! Go flight­see­ing out of Seward and enjoy unfor­get­table views of the Kenai Moun­tain Range, Res­ur­rec­tion Bay, and gor­geous glaciers. That’s why the boats are always clean, the gear sharp, and the crew friend­ly, help­ful, and fun. This trail is a spur off of the main trail that con­nects the North and South Beach trails in Caines Head State Recre­ation area. Plus, it’s much more than just a zoo—it’s also a wildlife rehabilitation and research center, so you’re supporting a good cause by visiting. Luck­i­ly, the Jeep Trail gives you more bench­es and oppor­tu­ni­ties to rest. Walk­ing trails link two small lakes through the old growth trees. Photo by Kathleen Barth. The Alaska Railroad is your transportation method. But it’s also one of the more diverse places to fly. The BEST Things To Do In Seward Alaska Whether you want to try local Alaskan food, kayak, hike or go on a fishing excursion, Seward has everything to offer for all different types of … Don’t expect to run very much of this world-famous race route, which begins 2.5 hours south of Anchor­age and…. Tra­verse the majesty of Exit Glac­i­er by ice hik­ing or ice climb­ing, or opt for a nature hike in the gor­geous ter­rain around Seward, Alas­ka. Discover the optimal month due to daylight, temperature, and rain. Or, choose the more chal­leng­ing 7‑mile round-trip Hard­ing Ice­field Trail. Hiking Trails 405 4th ave, Seward, AK 99664. These pop­u­lar trails lead to two beau­ti­ful, pris­tine lakes. Some take you past gorgeous lakes, through lush forests, or past glaciers. Located just a 10-minute drive from Seward, Exit Glacier is not only a gorgeous wall of blue ice, but also one of the state’s most accessible roadside glaciers. Even though it’s only 12 miles from Seward, Fox Island in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay feels bliss­ful­ly remote. One of the most popular things to do in Seward Alaska is to charter a fishing boat to catch fresh halibut, salmon and more! Walk the low­er trail to get a good pho­to in front of the glac­i­er face. Which one is right for you? Just the hike itself makes for a very inten­sive workout. Catch the Seward Music & Arts Festival, held in the fall, for the best in local music and arts, as well as amazing food! Even bet­ter, they’re both easy hikes, which makes them per­fect for peo­ple of all ages. Plan your journey with this gorgeous printed map. Cap­tains Bixler and Krystin McClure will help your small group plan an out­ing catered to your pref­er­ences. Seward Alaska is situated between the mountains and the sea! In fact, one of the most popular hikes leads right up to the face of the blue wall of ice that is Exit Glacier. This vet­er­an tour oper­a­tor runs a a fleet of fast, mod­ern boats in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park. Win­ter brings its own vari­ety of tours, which range from an hour long to mul­ti-day expe­di­tions near Wil­low, Alaska. This is a real­ly good hike for the whole fam­i­ly with gor­geous views of the sur­round­ing moun­tains. For a clos­er, qui­eter, and more peace­ful ver­sion of the Alaskan glac­i­er and wildlife cruise, trav­el by sea kayak. Alas­ka Fjord Char­ters guides you to the best mix of kayak­ing, glac­i­er view­ing, whale watch­ing, and fish­ing, all in one leisure­ly tour. You can even spend the night there in a cabin. Marathon. Things to Do in Seward, Alaska: See Tripadvisor's 29 371 traveller reviews and photos of 36 Seward attractions. You may even see wildlife like Dall sheep, Bel­u­ga whales, moose, bear, and more! Photo Credit: Joel Krahn. The Exit Glacier Guides offers … Take a spec­tac­u­lar pri­vate guid­ed hik­ing tour in Seward and dis­cuss the impacts of cli­mate change with knowl­edge­able guides. Choose a round-trip Inside passage or one-way Gulf of Alaska Cruise. You will find kayaking, rafting, glacier cruises, bear viewing, helicopter tours, and train … Seward comes ready-made for walking. Free personal GPS–driven travel guide to Alaska. Trips available from Whittier, Homer, Seward, Juneau, and Sitka. Just a 10 to 15 minute dri­ve out of Seward, you can hike right up to the Kenai Fjords…. Book a cor­po­rate char­ter or a pri­vate adven­ture with your buds – and com­bine it with a stay at Hill’s lodge for the ​“all-in” package. 2-5 day small ship explorations. Trips last a full day; you’ll motor 2 to 2.5 hours from Seward to the Gulf of Alas­ka, Mon­tague Island, and oth­er out­er-coast hotspots. The classic Alaska Cruise, offered by such companies as Holland America, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. Grab a pad­dle and go sea kayak­ing with Sun­ny Cove for a qui­eter, more close up ver­sion of the classic…. It’s the only char­ter ves­sel in Seward with an upper view­ing deck. Touch starfish at the Alaska SeaLife Center. Much like the Mount Marathon trail, this hike is a lit­tle stren­u­ous. Tips from an expert: things to do in Seward, Alaska. The top attractions to visit in Seward are: What are the best outdoor activities in Seward? Located in the southern end of Seward (“old town”), the Alaska … This steep hike is a bit of a chal­lenge, but it pays off. . You can hike right up to Seward’s Exit Glac­i­er and feel the dense blue ice while lis­ten­ing to it crack­le. There’s noth­ing quite like it in all of Alaska! This mural depicts the famous Mt. There was a problem with your submission. The trail begins at mile 12.1 of the Seward High­way. [{"slug":"seward","title":"Seward"},{"slug":"whittier","title":"Whittier"},{"slug":"anchorage","title":"Anchorage"},{"slug":"kenai-soldotna","title":"Kenai \/ Soldotna"}], Campgrounds, RV Parks & Public Use Cabins. In winter,…. From Resurrection Bay, hike to Caines Head, rated one of Alaska’s top 10 hikes. more. Hop aboard the M/V Gam­bler and cruise out to Res­ur­rec­tion Bay for a relax­ing and per­son­al­ized out­ing with local­ly-owned Alpen­glow Char­ters. Profish-n-Sea knows the three keys to catch­ing fish: boats, knowl­edge, and gear. Pressed for time? Add some gorgeous murals! You’ll vis­it tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers as you watch for puffins, sea otters, Dall’s por­pois­es, sea lions, and more. Profish-n-sea Char­ters, out of Seward, offers salmon and hal­ibut fish­ing with friend­ly, expe­ri­enced Alaskan guides. Seward is a small town located on the Kenai Peninsula and the … Overwhelmed by choices? Rent a car and travel independently on a set itinerary, with lodging and tours booked in advance.
Romeo And Juliet Balcony Scene In Pop Culture, Panasonic Hc Wxf990, Plant Manager Job Description Pdf, God Of War 1 Language Change, Pistachio Prices 2020, Zirkys Ski Hire,