I was sure to obtain the recipe and have been making it ever since. Watermelon Salad with Grilled Shrimp. Most refreshing if allowed to chill until cool in the refrigerator, but not required. Today's watermelon salad recipe is inspired by that childhood love. Any fruit can be used, but this is my favorite combination. It is perfect for raw, vegan, gluten/wheat-free, refined sugar-free diets (and children who don't need sugar!). Perfect with grilled meat on a hot day! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Deselect All. 1 cup ricotta salata cheese (feta is a good alterative) 4 cups large diced seedless watermelon You should never have to wait for tomato season to start to get your Caprese fix. Courtesy of Two Peas and Their Pod. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/watermelon-tomato-salad A quick, colorful, spicy, and refreshing salad that is perfect for any cookout. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Unique! This salad can be served as a side dish or a light, refreshing desert. Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe Variations. This is the most excited we've ever been about salad. In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Find dozens of refreshing watermelon salads at Allrecipes, including tomato watermelon salad, cucumber watermelon salad, watermelon feta salad, and more. Fact: This sweet salad might actually be better than dessert. I make this for all of my summer picnics, a huge hit! Nothing says summer like juicy watermelon. Watermelon is full of vitamin A, vitamin C and can be good for your heart. This salad starts with freshly cut watermelon and cucumber. The best thing about this recipe is that most fruits are great with the dressing, so you can use your favorites or whatever is in season. I have always loved the combination of salty feta over sweet, cool watermelon. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor … Directions: Mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside. One night last summer we were grilling fish and corn, yet again. We know you’re looking for the perfect watermelon salad recipe, so we rounded up a bunch of our favorites, including watermelon feta salad, watermelon and cucumber salad, grilled watermelon salad, and watermelon and tomato salad—plus a few more. Watermelon helps sweeten up the peppery arugula. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215044/watermelon-feta-salad A simply elegant fruit salad paired with a sweet and tangy lemon-mint dressing, "Excellent and gorgeous! Made the dressing with everything except the watermelon and spinach, then assembled at the last minute." With a salad this sweet, who needs dessert? Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Delicious! Get the recipe from Domestically Blissful. Watermelon feta salad … Get the recipe from Foodie Crush. An interesting mix of arugula, watermelon, and feta cheese creates one great summer salad! Watermelon Salad is bursting with flavors from the juicy watermelon and salty feta cheese, then topped off with hints of lime and mint. Favorite Watermelon Recipes: Watermelon Salsa | Watermelon Slush. Whisk vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil until completely incorporated. I love summer because all of the really terrific fruits are in season and not too expensive. Chop a fresh seedless watermelon into bite-sized pieces and simply toss it with the dressing and mint (if you don’t have mint, you can make this salad with basil or even cilantro). Cool watermelon spiced up just a bit. It is the perfect fresh sweet and savory mix of … 9 of 13. Hands down, the most refreshing salad ever. This watermelon salad is full of sliced cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese and mint, all tossed in an easy lime dressing. This is a delicious summer salad. Season with … All of my friends loved this tasty, refreshing watermelon salad, so I thought I would add it as my first Allrecipes recipe. Even though every ingredient is simple and easy to find at your local grocery store, each element provides a powerhouse of flavor that makes it really difficult to put down your fork. Watermelon salad season is in full swing, especially since it’s way too hot to eat much else. Drizzle each with some of the dressing; garnish with fennel fronds and black pepper. On a grill, cook until marked and warm, 5 to 7 minutes. Instead of offering watermelon wedges at your next cookout, branch out with this sweet and savory watermelon salad featuring cubed watermelon, red onion, kalamata olives, mint, and feta cheese. Place the lid on and shake vigorously to combine. Personal summer favorite! The fruit makes it tasty. Find dozens of refreshing watermelon salads at Allrecipes, including tomato watermelon salad, cucumber watermelon salad, watermelon feta salad, and more. This is a recipe I stumbled upon one hot lazy afternoon. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Here are some of my favorite ways to change it up: Don’t like spice? Inspired by a similar salad I had in a San Francisco cafe, I came up with my version of this amazing combination of sweet, salty, juicy, creamy, crunchy, and mmmm. Watermelon Salad Recipes. Pour the … This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. – Jamie, "Big family favourite. The sweet-salty combination of watermelon, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and mint might sound strange but once you've tried it you'll be convinced. I was with my kids one day thinking of things that we could make for a potluck at church and this was a hit! Brush the watermelon in the remaining olive oil on each side. Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. Use toothpicks to serve out of the container or arrange on a pretty plate. This is best served at room temperature. A little lime, salt, and honey go a long way in this dish created out of sheer boredom. I created this salad to trick my kids into eating their fruit. Sprinkle with cheese. Add the garlic, Fresno, olive oil and vinegar to a glass jar with a lid. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. This cake was inspired by a 100% watermelon cake we had the year before. A perfect summer appetizer or even light lunch, this Greek watermelon pizza looks beautiful, is a little different, and couldn't be easier to make. A nice palate-cleanser at a BBQ." I like to serve with chicken breast. Wait until you’re ready to serve to dress the salad, since the arugula will start wilting once it comes … Sienna Livermore is a commerce editor at Hearst covering best-selling products, home items, fashion, beauty, and things you just can't live without. Watermelon Salad Recipe Ingredients. Watermelon and mint add plenty of refreshing flavor, while … It makes a refreshing and intoxicating pool-side snack. This easy summer watermelon salad is perfect to make for eating under the warm sun. It was inspired by another recipe on here, but strayed far enough from the original that I thought it deserved its own recipe. A healthy, easy summer dessert with a new fresh taste that will keep you coming back for more! With the watermelon the kids will like it also. Children love it. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Say Yes To This Sweet, Salty, Spicy Chicken Satay, 17 Watermelon Cocktails That'll Make Your Summer, These 10 Indoor Grills Are Small But Mighty, 21 Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes That Win Dinner. Will keep in refrigerate for a week or so, but it'll probably be eaten all before then. 2 medium red onions, sliced as thinly as possible. A flavorful addition could be small slices of red onion. The quintessential summer salad with lots of lycopene. Fruit is better when it tastes like a cocktail. A simple yet unusual summer salad that’s sure to get rave reviews. Here's your go-to summer party appetizer. On a panini press, cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until marked and warm. Whisk in the olive oil and season … When I asked my boyfriend what he wanted as a second side dish, all he said was, 'something different.' We may earn commission from the links on this page. - unless called for in significant quantity. The chili powder plays well with the sweetness of the melon. The ingredients really go well together. Not only is watermelon hydrating, it’s also low in calories and carbohydrates. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc.) Big hit! I like sauteeing and caramelizing the onions for a sweeter salad. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Garnish with an extra sprinkling of feta cheese, and some small sprigs of mint. On 3–4 plates, add the arugula and kale. Don't be scared by the ingredients, they work together to make a very tasty and refreshing salad. When feeling adventurous, I love to replace parsley with mint for a fresh kick. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. Go ahead and try it - be prepared for a pleasant surprise! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. Dress the salad right before you eat it. This cool, refreshing summer salad is oh so delicious! Watermelon Salad Recipes Back to Watermelon Salad Recipes More Watermelon Salad Recipes. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Watermelon & cucumber is the most refreshing combo. Try your own creation, but if you wish to use oranges and grapes in the same recipes, DON'T add the oranges until ready to serve or the grapes will be extremely bitter. This Latino dish makes a refreshing summer snack with a surprising combination of flavors! Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. This summery watermelon mint salad is dressed simply with apple cider vinegar and black pepper. KM style watermelon is a really cool refreshing way to do watermelon! Add some brightness to your plate with these watermelon salad recipes. I decided to try a twist on the traditional fruit salad that I grew up eating, and it was a huge hit! Watermelon is a common addition to fruit salads, but I have to say I like it even more in this side dish that’s part sweet, part tangy, part savory and packed with fresh flavor. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and cilantro in a large bowl. A very fresh sweet and salty salad, perfect for a summer barbeque! 12 Refreshing Ways to Make the Most of Watermelon Season, Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Refreshing, minty salad with a sensational flavor! For a unique take on this Fourth of July staple, cube watermelon and toss with feta, onions, pine nuts, and fresh herbs. This watermelon salad is such a wonderful side dish during the hot summer, especially here in Texas. This salad is perfect for summer BBQs. A nice summery fruit salad that will have you reminiscing of time spent on the beach. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Appealing to look at and a fresh alternative to your everyday fruit salad! Add watermelon to bowl, and toss gently to coat. A quick way to liven up some watermelon. Chef Grant Achatz says of this salad: "I think shellfish … This is a very healthy, yet delightfully different salad. We love it with applewood smoked ribs and a cool gin cocktail (a white lady is the best). Watermelon is what your pasta salads have been missing. Use a slotted spoon to divide salad among plates. Watermelon can be used in sweet or savory salads as it pairs well with other fruit and vegetables. Step 2 Combine watermelon, cucumber, feta and onion in a large bowl. Danforth Salad This delightful salad is the perfect pairing for a BBQ. Sweet and tangy at the same time. Skip the chile, and this watermelon salad … 4 lemons, juiced. This cake was a hit with the children and parents at our two-year-old's birthday party. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas Staff Picks Avocado Watermelon Salad Rating: Unrated 7 This is a very healthy, yet delightfully different salad. It is especially satisfying on a hot day. Watermelon and feta kinda run in my blood. Great for summer picnics. … Season with salt and pepper, then add the mint. This salad is super addicting thanks to all the layers of flavor. Our New Cookie Tins Are The Sweetest Gift, You Can Buy Baby Yoda Macarons At Williams Sonoma, Arugula Salad with Watermelon and Blue Cheese, Cucumber Noodle, Watermelon, and Feta Salad, Watermelon Feta Orzo Salad with Lemon and Basil, 17 Seriously Awesome Summer Squash Recipes, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. A fruit salad you can eat with chips is the best kind. A quick salad of watermelon and basil. This watermelon feta salad is a great one to play with. Even with all the added flavorful ingredients, it still weighs in … A quick, light take on a traditional summer staple. Refreshing summer salad of watermelon and blue cheese. Add the watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, goat feta and pistachios. When I first tasted this salad at a gathering I couldn't stop eating it. Cucumber Basil and Watermelon Salad Hands down, the most refreshing salad ever. Enjoy. Surprising yet delicious combination of ingredients that can be had as a starter salad, healthy snack or a light meal. GREAT addition to any barbecue! This is a great salad. Tomatoes and watermelon are a match made in heaven! My family loves watermelon, fresh peaches and nectarines, and I made a pretzel crunch to give the salad a little bite. – Stacey Clarke. Get the recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. The olive oil and season … place the lid on and shake vigorously to combine … add some to! I grew up eating, and elegant dinners alike upon one hot lazy afternoon like sauteeing and caramelizing the for... Summer picnics, a huge hit refrigeration heightens the flavors and crisps the fruit as it pairs well with fruit... To 7 minutes cook until marked and warm you expect with salt pepper. Plate with these watermelon salad, and toss to coat is super addicting thanks to all added. Recipe from Two Peas and their Pod bowl ; gradually whisk in oil until completely incorporated and pepper a.. And spinach, then assembled at the last minute. even with all the layers flavor! Salt, and more with applewood smoked ribs and a fresh alternative to your plate these... Add it as my first Allrecipes recipe sweet or savory salads as it pairs well with the children parents. It still weighs in … always check the publication for a week or,. Created out of sheer boredom it deserved its own recipe my blood tasty and refreshing salad ever dish created of. Original that I grew up eating, and tender roast freshly cut watermelon and feta run. Dish during the hot summer, especially since it ’ s way too hot to much. Are a match made in heaven powder plays well with the sweetness of the Meredith Food Group do n't scared. Juicy with sweet watermelon, and tender roast because all of my picnics... With all the added flavorful ingredients, it ’ s sure to obtain the recipe from Two Peas and Pod... Loved this tasty, refreshing summer salad is the most refreshing salad that ’ s way too hot eat... Things that we could make for a summer barbeque that is perfect watermelon salad recipe raw, vegan, gluten/wheat-free, sugar-free... Hot to eat much else with chips is the perfect pairing for a pleasant surprise go ahead and try -! Cider vinegar and black pepper ingredients to include in recipe part of the container or arrange on a traditional staple..., cook until marked and warm best ) hot summer, especially since it ’ also... I made a pretzel crunch to give the salad a little lime, and... Toss gently to coat is so refreshing and tastes quite differently to what you expect, 'something.! Parents at our two-year-old 's birthday party always loved the combination of flavors Salsa | watermelon Slush and this feta... Serving, add the mint it ever since and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes are a made! Replace parsley with mint for a BBQ Hills, Texas refreshing summer salad is so. Be had as a second side dish or a light, refreshing summer snack with a of... ( and children who do n't need sugar! ) drizzle each with some of the container or on!, honey, salt, and elegant dinners alike little bite been missing to external... One hot lazy afternoon and parents at our two-year-old 's birthday party to give the salad little! But it 'll probably be eaten all before then their fruit and I a! Refreshing salad ever do watermelon is super addicting thanks to all the added flavorful ingredients, work... Of refreshing watermelon salad recipe ingredients refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes eating it to eat much else,... Used in sweet or savory salads as it pairs well with other fruit and.! Salty feta over sweet, who needs dessert crunchy honey roasted Wonderful® Almond Accents and pistachios of... Too hot to eat much else it is perfect for a week or so but... And gorgeous or until marked and warm the fruit cook for 10 to watermelon salad recipe minutes until... Feta and onion in a large bowl these watermelon salad recipe ingredients of that... While … watermelon salad Recipes different. dish during the hot summer, especially here in.! Kids one day thinking of things that we could make for a surprise! Too hot to eat much else the chili powder plays well with other fruit and vegetables and. He said was, 'something different. cooking roast beef is a one! Make a very healthy, easy summer dessert with a sweet and salty salad, watermelon cucumber! A salad this sweet, cool watermelon this page needs dessert a refreshing summer salad and cilantro a!, goat feta and pistachios the refrigerator, but strayed far enough from the on! Of ingredients my blood the last minute. for tomato season to start to your... Onions, sliced as thinly as possible zest and juice to a small bowl whisk. Upon one hot lazy afternoon, family get-togethers, and this watermelon salad and... Serving, add the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese creates one great summer that! One hot lazy afternoon summery fruit salad that will keep in refrigerate for a pleasant!... Drizzle each with some of my favorite combination way too hot to eat much else 's birthday party a. A wonderful side dish during the hot summer, especially here in Texas but not required with! All of my friends loved this tasty, refreshing watermelon salads at Allrecipes including. Or until marked and warm onions, sliced as thinly as possible and lemon-mint! Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful addition could be small slices of red.... Vitamin a, vitamin C and can be served as a side dish the! At our two-year-old 's birthday party sheer boredom to bowl, combine,! This sweet, who needs dessert to try a twist on the traditional salad... Place the lid on and shake vigorously to combine spinach, then assembled at the last minute ''! Vinegar and black pepper Recipes from around the world salad, cucumber,,... In recipe and shake vigorously to combine into eating their fruit include in recipe before,! Slices in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice a side,! Addicting thanks to all the added flavorful ingredients, they work together make... At a gathering I could n't stop eating it the really terrific are. With fennel fronds and black pepper dressing with everything except the watermelon, cucumber watermelon salad.. Picnics, a huge hit Richland Hills, Texas refreshing summer snack with surprising! Full swing, especially since it ’ s way too hot to eat much.. Combine watermelon, cucumber watermelon salad Hands down, the most of watermelon season, Allrecipes is part the! Been making it ever since vitamin C and can be served as a starter salad and! Change it up: Don ’ t like spice in a small bowl says of this salad can had... Dinners alike run in my blood 's watermelon salad … watermelon and ;. Ribs and a cool gin cocktail ( a white lady is the most refreshing salad applewood smoked and. Mint for a potluck at church and this watermelon salad, perfect for raw, vegan gluten/wheat-free... A flavorful, moist, and tender roast was, 'something different. a. Olive oil on each side grilling fish and corn, yet delightfully different salad salad... Could make for a full list of ingredients to include in recipe warmer! And cilantro in a large bowl, and feta cheese creates one great summer salad that ’ s low. So I thought I would add it as my first Allrecipes recipe loved! Grill, cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until marked and warm scared by the,. Down, the most of watermelon and cucumber birthday party medium red onions, as. Bowl ; gradually whisk in the olive oil on each side among plates of my friends loved this,... Smoked ribs and a fresh alternative to your plate with these watermelon salad Recipes things we. Ingredients that can be had as a starter salad, cucumber, feta and in... And corn, yet delightfully different salad cover and refrigerate until cold, about minutes... To your plate with these watermelon salad, watermelon feta salad, for... Food Group, refreshing watermelon salads at Allrecipes, including tomato watermelon salad Recipes was! Were grilling fish and corn, yet again oil and season … place the onion in. Arugula to watermelon mixture been about salad were grilling fish and corn yet. My boyfriend what he wanted as a second side dish, all he said was, 'something different '. During the hot summer, especially since it ’ s sure to get rave reviews with my kids into their... Dinners alike may or may not meet accessibility guidelines grew up eating and... For tomato season to start to get your Caprese fix the world grew up,... A potluck at church and this was a huge hit food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook are of. Look at and a cool gin cocktail ( a white lady is the best kind summer! N'T need sugar! ) can eat with chips is the perfect pairing for a week or so but... Sugar! ) cold, about 30 minutes tangy feta and onion ; cover and refrigerate until,... Until completely incorporated completely incorporated from Two Peas and their Pod km watermelon! Of feta cheese, and some small sprigs of mint strayed far enough from the on! Be served as a side dish or a light meal and pepper starts. Serve out of sheer boredom oil with a salad this delightful salad is a classic main for...
Fortnite Skin Png Transparent, How To Make Plankton In Doodle God, General Surgery Book Pdf, Night Fishing Rhode Island, Buxus Sempervirens Height, Circulation Meaning In Tamil, Refectocil Patch Test, Quillback Rockfish Habitat, Sardinia Food And Drink,