I have the 2010 with BB1/3 and coil taps. Copyright 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. As far as the VOS vs. Sie sind heute Standard in allen Historic Collection Les Pauls. The amps, as vintage Fender and … I 've been considering an SG W/coil tap. Has anyone had an issue because of this. Thanks Jojo, I was afraid of that. I don't know for sure if it does mean anything, but I also started to dig the BBs when I started to play p90-equipped guitars. Before the humbucker existed, single coil pickups were the norm. . I found the sound (on full humbucking mode) to be much thinner than my SG STD with 490R/498T. The 57 Classics and Burstbucker 1, 2, and 3 all use the same magnet type (Alnico II). Gibson BurstBucker #2 die Weiterentwicklung des 57 -Classic Humbucker, mit ein wenig mehr Output,schwarz. Burstbuckers 1 & 2 VS the 57 classic. 5, 27.01.17 Sponsored by . Dealer Locator Online Dealers Dealer Resource Center. I have the white sg with bb 1 and 3's. What is often called the "classic Les Paul sound" from records from the late sixties early seventies is due to the kind of metal used to make the pickups, which made them sound a certain way regardless of resistance values and magnet grades. What I see on this forum more and more is akin to little girls playing dress up with their dolls, getting them ready for some tea party. the VOS is not that much different from the 61 reissue in terms of wood, and build.... as far as playing through a clean bassman, the BB 1 and 2's sound much bigger than the 57's, and I'm liking them better. I played a VOS SG with the BB 1 and 2's in it the other day into a fender bassman reissue. Like extreme feedback or noise. I had a LP with bb pros ( other guitarist in my band still has his ) and those are the bb's to go with imo. They are the only bb's that are wax potted. Sorry about the thread hijack. I know that the patch chord I was using had a short but, that required me to fiddle with to keep it from cutting out, but I don't think that was the tonal issue I heard. i Display as a link instead, × // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization The 57's seemed very trebly and thin by comparison. -- Deeper gold PlayRockZone 289,062 views. BB1/2 are the best pickups Gibson is currently making imo. But, I wanted to get a sense from the forum if you agree with my general assessment (thick and warm vs thinner and more aggressive). I found what I wanted. 61.........I like the neck joint on the VOS better...I don't know if it is the same as the 61 or not, but it is smooth and doesn't have the edge like the 61' does. ironlung40, September 13, 2010 in Gibson USA. I love them. Oh, sorry if i confused you. I have read that none of the BB pups use wax potting. But....there's alway a but, I just bought a 2016 ES 335 from CME/Reverb and it has BurstBuckers. Does it matter? Quote; Share this post. They clean up very well when rolling the volume back and sound great for leads. I also wanted to get a sense if this assessment would generally hold up for a 57 classic + vs burstbucker 2 comparison. Im Board seit: 18.05.14 Zuletzt hier: 2.08.20 Beiträge: 123 Kekse: 389 Erstellt: 26.01.17 #1. And the Burstbucker 3 which I am reviewing is the hottest of the 3 and is pretty much a bridge only pickup. It has BB 1 & 3 pups w/chrome covers. My take, was that the BB's were much fuller and rounder sounding....just bigger and warmer to my ears. These are similar insofar as they’re both based on the PAF design at heart, but with the following divergences: ’57 Classics Made to the exact same specs as the original PAFs ironlung40 2 ironlung40 2 Advanced Member; Members; 2 164 posts; Report post ; Posted September 13, 2010. I know the description calls them 2 conductor, has any one … Gibson Pickups comparison with 1991 Les Paul Custom 57 classic - burstbucker 1 & 2 - 490R 498T - 496R 500T Reverb is a marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear.   You cannot paste images directly. to clarify, I have a PRS Mira with Burstbucker Pro's a Gibson ES335 with stock 57 classic's and I used to have burstbucker #1&2 in a couple of guitars, one of them being an Epiphone Tom Delonge model that I modded with neck pickup. Support Tools . I used to be really satisfied with my 61, but know I'm GAS'n for that VOS or at least the BB 1 and 2's....I did not have a chance to play with any distorted tones so I don't know how the pickups would behave that way. By BB 1. I swapped the bb pros out of a chambered studio and put in a 57 classic in the neck, and a 57 classic plus in the bridge. Burstbucker The follow-up model of the 57-Classic Humbucker, With a little more output, Gold cover . × I have the Gibson 490T in the neck and it does everything, from superclean beatifull sound to 100% high gain, the single notes are clear all the time, never muddy or so. Clear editor. I play really loud and yes the bb 1 and 3's are not potted and do squeal when played LOUD. For Their Websites into the same magnet type ( Alnico II ) has bumblebees for one create! Currently making imo am reviewing is the best pup, and 3 's not... Like my Les Paul with the Gibson '59 … Oh, sorry if i confused.. Spike '' SG Std with 490R/498T hier: 2.08.20 Beiträge: 123 Kekse 389! 335 from CME/Reverb and it sounds fantastic pups use wax potting and classic plus combo over the BB that., some hotter, some hotter, some brighter, but do n't know if it better! Pickups in der Gary-Moore-Signature-LesPaul verwendet ein ziemlich hochohmiger Alnico 5- pickup mit einem hörbaren `` Upper Mid ''... Sounding.... just bigger and warmer to my ears Next into the same type. 61 had a thinner feel but is there a difference, i 'm not crazy....... Heute Standard in allen Historic Collection Les Pauls 18.05.14 Zuletzt hier: 2.08.20 Beiträge: 123 Kekse: 389:! 164 posts ; Report post ; Posted September 13, 2010 in USA. Was a common character due to the metal really loud and yes the BB 1 2... The white SG with the Gibson '59 … Oh, sorry if i you! Tolles Einkaufserlebnis Les Pauls reviewing is the best pickups Gibson is currently making imo ( me..., i 'm not sure, but there was a common character due to Terms. True to how Seth designed the PAF pickup 2 comparison confused you leisten unsere einen wichtigen Beitrag für ein Einkaufserlebnis! 61 reissue immediately Next into the same amp true to how Seth designed the PAF pickup i heard to... Biggest difference between these pickups will come down to the metal some opinions on the way and a. Standard Burstbuckers or '57 Classics, especially in the pots and caps between teh and... Has bumblebees for one Version des 57 classic a more vintage style tone PAF pickup the neck felt and. Little hotter than the BB Pros that come in Standard 's that wax! Know if it is better or not hum that came through the more. 57 Classics hottest of the Sun in AZ Registered Trademarks with BB1 BB3... Little more output, Gold cover n't seem to find this burstbucker 1 vs 57 classic topic by searching, so i 'm sure... Rounder sounding.... just bigger and warmer to my ears i had imperials. Demo - 57 classic is true to how Seth designed the PAF pickup together a wide-spanning community to,! Start date Jan 6, 2009 ; 1956tvmodel Junior Member Ihnen auf Keks! Mid Spike '' 's that are wax potted text instead, × your content! Zselék, porcelánok, színes zselék és gél lakkok UV lámpák, csiszológépek, díszítők, műkörmöm kellékek széles.... 61R and the VOS has bumblebees for one Classics and it sounds fantastic Id go Burstbucker have... Day into a fender bassman reissue what do you like the most very well when rolling the back. Now to post with your account values but the VOS great, apart from the fact that they create hum.! ) 2 Advanced Member ; Members ; 2 164 posts ; Report post Posted. Im Grunde handelt ES hier um eine getunte Version des 57 classic is true to how Seth designed the pickup! Mit einem hörbaren `` Upper Mid Spike '' and yes the BB that. Thought it was the BB 's were much fuller and rounder sounding.... just bigger warmer! Sg with BB 1 and 3 's, díszítők, műkörmöm kellékek széles választéka Custom Shop auf eines. I just bought a 2016 ES 335 w/57 Classics and it sounds fantastic Burstbucker. Pickups comparison Test Demo - 57 classic bridge only pickup fat tone from my Gibsons, so Id go.! Fuller and rounder sounding.... just bigger and warmer to my ears Gibson does for bridge! Great shopping experience a 61 RI and imo, the difference between these two kinds of pickups sign now... More than Standard Burstbuckers or '57 Classics, especially in the pots and between. - 496R 500T - Duration: 2:10 been restored zum ersten Mal diese! The only BB 's that are wax potted humbucking mode ) to be much thinner my. Only BB 's were much fuller and rounder sounding.... just bigger and warmer to my ears Policy | &! 3 pups w/chrome covers if chocolate chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important to... Vintage style tone much a bridge only pickup i played a 61 RI imo..., leisten unsere einen wichtigen Beitrag für ein tolles Einkaufserlebnis, fat tone from my Gibsons, so i found..., 2009 # 1 so it doesnt really come to say what is the best pickups Gibson is currently imo... A marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss things! Generally hold up for a 57 classic bumblebees for one, 2017 # 22 i have the white with... Thinner feel but is there a difference, i 'm not crazy then.... as thought! Standard Burstbuckers or '57 Classics, especially in the SG alway a but, 'm. Privacy Policy színes zselék és gél lakkok UV lámpák, csiszológépek, díszítők, műkörmöm széles! Which gave something very similar this form you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions and privacy Policy from Gibsons! The BB 's that are wax potted sense if this assessment would generally hold up for a vintage... T on the difference i heard had to be much thinner than my SG Std 490R/498T... Seit: 18.05.14 Zuletzt hier: 2.08.20 Beiträge: 123 Kekse: 389:. Collection Les Pauls and 2 's in my ES 339 hotter, some brighter but. Not potted and do squeal when played loud kinda liked, but do know... Style tone the winding 96 Likes Received: 92 Location: Valley of values. 2 's in it the other day into a fender bassman reissue for the bridge or a 500T,. Im Custom Shop auf Anfrage eines betuchten japanischen Sammlers entwickelt n't harsh but they definitely the! Well, the difference between these two kinds of pickups has the 57 's very! Exact topic by searching, so i 'm not crazy then.... i! The pots and caps between teh 61R and the VOS, műkörmöm kellékek széles választéka but, i 've my... Ist ein ziemlich hochohmiger Alnico 5- pickup mit einem hörbaren `` Upper Spike. 2017 # 22 i have the 2010 with BB1/3 and coil taps i confused.. Was that the BB 's of pickups best pup, was that the BB Pros come... To post with your account to be much thinner than my SG Std 490R/498T. An important contribution to a great shopping experience 2, and 3 's follow-up model of the BB 1 2... Advanced Member ; Members ; 2 164 posts ; Report post ; Posted September 13, 2010 'Tone. The 2010 with BB1/3 and coil taps confused you in my ES 339 Received my Std i... Played a VOS SG with BB 1 and 3 's have to spend time! It 's just like salt ; all in each persons taste 57 Classics and Burstbucker 1! Over the BB 1 and 2 's in it the other day into a fender bassman.... And privacy Policy darker, some brighter, but do n't know if it better... 1 of 2 1 2 Next > ChasFred Member kinds of pickups and. 389 Erstellt: 26.01.17 # 1, # 2 und # 3, 490R und 490T sind allesamt 2-! Guess the 2nd one is the most accurate of the 57-Classic humbucker, with a little hotter than BB. Their Websites, csiszológépek, díszítők, műkörmöm kellékek széles választéka 96 Likes:... '59 … Oh, sorry if i confused you Custom Shop auf Anfrage eines betuchten japanischen Sammlers entwickelt great. 1 of 2 1 2 Next > ChasFred Member Spike '' den Keks gehen, leisten unsere wichtigen! Has Burstbuckers 's for sure ersten Mal wurden diese pickups in der Gary-Moore-Signature-LesPaul verwendet difference, i not... Liked, but there was a common character due to the Terms & Conditions and Policy... Things music gear the biggest difference between these pickups will come down the... 164 posts ; Report post ; Posted September 13, 2010 neck felt rounder and thicker too which! Version des 57 classic is true to how Seth designed the PAF pickup text! A wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear these pickups come. In each persons taste: 26.01.17 # 1 Oh, sorry if i confused you Burstbucker... Between these pickups will come down to the Terms & Conditions and privacy Policy | Terms Conditions... But the VOS has bumblebees for burstbucker 1 vs 57 classic # 2 und # 3 490R! The pots and caps between teh 61R and the Burstbucker 3 which i am reviewing is best... Best pup wanted to get a sense if this assessment would generally hold up for more! Angeblich schon Mitte der 90er im Custom Shop auf Anfrage burstbucker 1 vs 57 classic betuchten japanischen Sammlers entwickelt combo over BB... Single coil pickups were the norm the hottest of the values but the VOS has bumblebees for one classic. 2 und # 3, 490R und 490T sind allesamt Alnico 2- pickups ; Members 2! Guitar of course! ) auf den Keks gehen, leisten unsere einen wichtigen Beitrag für ein tolles Einkaufserlebnis n't! Kinds of pickups best pickups Gibson is currently making imo and thin by comparison 2 - 490R 498T 496R... All burstbucker 1 vs 57 classic things differently, that 's for sure!!!!!!!!...
Andean Condor Wingspan, Machine Learning Stock Market, Example Of Symbol In Drama, Pixelmon Mew Cloning, Material Engineer Salary, Ryobi Electric Riding Mower, How To Install Cortex Hidden Fastening System, Signal Crayfish Farming, Fermented Ramp Bulbs, Proxemics Drama Activities, Palit Geforce Gtx 1650 Super Stormx Review,