It is hard and superior to Teak and probably Mahogany. It's a hard wood that will take an ultra-fine polish and will steal the show in your decorative projects." Clearly demarcated sapwood is yellow to white. 899 715 1. As a long-time Honduras Mahogany addict, I am gathering the first-hand opinion especially from luthiers to evaluate cons and pros of Okoume. (P. dimorphandrum, P. pinnatum, P. trinitatis, P. ulei), Tree Size: 65-80 ft (20-25 m) tall, 2-3 ft (.6-1.0 m) trunk diameter, Average Dried Weight: 59 lbs/ft3 (950 kg/m3), Specific Gravity (Basic, 12% MC): .81, .95, Modulus of Rupture: 21,540 lbf/in2 (148.6 MPa), Elastic Modulus: 2,837,000 lbf/in2 (19.56 GPa), Crushing Strength: 11,700 lbf/in2 (80.7 MPa), Shrinkage: Radial: 2.8%, Tangential: 4.2%, Volumetric: 7.2%, T/R Ratio: 1.5. It polishes up nicely but just like any other very dense hardwood in our terrible north american climates, it is prone to cracking especially in dryer areas like Canada and northern U.S. during winter months. Granadillo Ukulele Backs and Sides. GENUINE MAHOGANY WOOD By whatever name Mahogany is known by, whether it is Genuine Mahogany, Honduras Mahogany, South American Mahogany, Peruvian Mahogany, etc, this species is probably the single most respected, all time favorite, furniture wood. Granadillo is a suitable wood for fret boards and things of the nature that require very dense wood. should make a great tone wood for guitars. Added by edit: The 000-13e has siris back and sides, not mahogany. Polyurethane sprayed, or brushed, will not dry. Granadillo is informally considered a type of rosewood. The sapwood is clearly distinct from the heartwood, and is almost white in color. I have a good number of salvaged boards and beams that were used to crate granite slabs shipped from Brazil. Sitka Spruce is used more than any other species for guitar soundboards. Comparable to mahogany with consistent, balanced tone, this African tonewood is sometimes seen as the poor-man’s mahogany (Martin sometimes offers it as a substitute on the company’s popular 000-15M model)—it is slightly denser than mahogany and produces a brighter tone. Interestingly, the Spanish word Hormingo translates to concrete in English! Granadillo Back & Side Set Gra-015. Copyright © 2008-2020 Eric Meier | All Rights Reserved, https://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/finishing-exotic-tropical-hardwoods/. Sapele binding adds a tasteful color complement, with a matching sapele rosette featuring interlocking “fishbone”-style pieces. The shellac was applied over the course of three days, and the oil varnish over two weeks. Similar in tone to rosewood, granadillo boasts a broad frequency range with clear articulation and a bell-like sparkle that enhances the sustain. Petey_Lu. T he various woods which come together to assemble your guitar all have an impact on the overall tone produced. I then buffed the table a couple times a day for a week, and finally applied two coats of Renaissance wax. Experience the rosewood-like tonal flavor of granadillo with this special creation from Gibson. Granadillo heartwood colors range from purple to brown to red hues. Good for Martin! A low profile neck of select hardwood with granadillo fingerboard and bride improve upon the sound transfer of this model. There is so many different wood that look and weight the same but not one has the same smell, look and… Read more », Dear Eric & Eric I get my wood from a very experienced supplier here in Italy, a guy who spent 40 years travelling the world to buy logs both for boards and to make veneer. Honduran Mahogany vs African Mahogany. Granadillo: Granadillo (Click on an Item Photo for the net sizes) DESCRIPTION: An exotic wood that is bright red to reddish or purplish brown, with rather distinct stripes. Granadillo is an exotic wood that is bright red to reddish or purplish brown, with rather distinct stripes. Additionally, this wood is informally known as Hormingo, Coyote, Macacauba and Macawood. Mahogany is the benchmark for stability, contains a good level Thus, Taylor Guitars considers Granadillo wood, nformally known as Hormingo, Coyote, Macacauba and Macawood, heartwood colors range from purple to brown to red hues, Visually, both woods share similar characteristics, Engineered Quartersawn Walnut Flooring | Wide Width, 8/4 Kingwood Lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020. Granadillo lumber is a dense exotic hardwood found in areas from Central America to Mexico. Luthiers Mercantile International we offer over 40 species of wood for use in the construction of stringed instruments Identifying and Using Hundreds of Woods Worldwide, POSTER: Worldwide Woods: Ranked by Hardness. Expect prices to be moderate for an imported exotic hardwood. Marimba keys are made of Platymiscium dimorphandrum, But i didn’t know what to call it. Heart Rimu Ukulele Backs and Sides. Higuerilla Ukulele Backs and Sides. Was a little less oily than Rosewood-less porous , not in a bad way- I liked it-good stuff IMO ( speaking as a Player here not … Of course it's very important who built … The finish took just fine (that is to… Read more », Finishing oily exotic woods has a steep and frustrating curve of learning. FYI: I receive a commission on sales generated through links to Amazon, eBay, etc. The contrast is very clearly delineated. The heartwood color is a dark reddish brown. Remember one part of the tree or log may be oil free while another section may have lots,… Read more ». 804 213 1. Eventually, the first D-16s were offered for general sale in mahogany, ash, walnut, and koa. Growing Regions: Southern Mexico to the I made two canes out of Granadillo. It includes a Sitka spruce gloss top for balanced tone and projection and a high-performance neck taper for ease of playability up and down the fretboard. It resembles Dalbergia rosewood in both density and color. ... Honduran Mahogany, and Bigleaf Maple but always have dozens of other enticing exotic species on hand. I updated the primary pictures with scans from a lighter, more reddish orange sample to better approximate the color of the wood. Granadillo is a heavy and dense tropical tonewood which reacts much like Rosewood, powerful and rich. But, even so the tone was amazing. Beeswing Mahogany. The Honduran Mahogany changes color as it grows older. The sapwood is clearly distinct from the heartwood, and is almost white in color. Allergies/Toxicity: Besides the standard health risks associated with any type of wood dust, no further health reactions have been associated with Macacauba. See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safety for more information. Deep reds, browns, blacks and occasional violets penetrate through this exotic hardwood. Although not a true Rosewood, it is comm Common Uses: Furniture, cabinetry, veneer, musical instruments, turned objects, and small specialty wood items. Rot Resistance: Heartwood is rated as durable to very durable regarding decay resistance, with good resistance to insect attacks as well. It is hard & superior to Teak & probably Mahogany. Because it tends to be slightly harder and denser than rosewood, the tone can produce a little extra chime. Granadillo wood, also known as Mexican Rosewood, has an extraordinary acoustic quality. Macacauba or Macawood is usually used when referring to the lumber, while Hormigo is more commonly used for specialty applications such as turning or musical instruments. I really liked it a lot, and had no experience with that tonewood at all. Gibson is using it for fret boards on the 2018 explorer, Smells like gardenia flowers when turning to me…. The pictures show how similar both species appear. The wood is … Granadillo Other Common Names: Coyote, Guayacan Botanical Name: Platymiscium spp. The sapwood is clearly distinct from the heartwood, & is almost white in color. MACACAUBA has a specific odor, as others on this site classified as “no specific odor”… Macacauba odor is very sweet whatever its type (dark, middle and light orange colored, figured…). Its sapwood is pale white. Macacauba or Macawood is usually used when referring to the lumber, while Hormigo is more commonly used for specialty applications such as turning or musical instruments. Post Nov 16, 2019 #3 2019-11 …

It is equipped with Fishman MX electronics and string with Martin's Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 strings. Granadillo. Check out the article on finishing exotic woods for more information: https://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/finishing-exotic-tropical-hardwoods/. It is a very heavy durable wood, similar in density to true Dalbergia rosewoods like Kingwood and non-Dalbergia species like Pau Ferro. $165.00 Granadillo Back & Side Set Size: OM 1st-Grade-FSF View full product details → This J-45 is handcrafted using a solid Sitka spruce top and granadillo back and sides. 899 715 1. Registered Member. Are Rosewoods (and Bubinga) really banned by CITES? In comparison with the mahogany less mid range, which can be a good or a bad thing! When the wood is referred to as “Hormigo,” various suffixes are used to describe the heartwood color: “Hormigo Negro” for darker pieces or “Hormigo Rojo” for orangish red pieces. I work with wood for 40 years and spent 20 in the Amazon… Specially picking rare and precious woods for the american market…. The outside is very brown, but when I cut it, the red is quite obvious. Thus, the wood contrasts starkly where the sap meets the heart. The ambiguous name Granadillo is also sometimes applied to this wood (along … Turns and glues well. Granadillo lumber is a dense exotic hardwood found in areas from Central America to Mexico.However, its scientific name is Platymiscium spp.Accordingly, it is not a true Dalbergia rosewood.. Additionally, this wood is i nformally known as Hormingo, Coyote, Macacauba and Macawood.It resembles Dalbergia rosewood in both density and color.Granadillo … In the early ‘90s the D-16 offered mahogany guitars with scalloped, forward-shifted bracing as well as tortoise binding and pickguards, when the D-18 and 000-18 still had black trim and non-scalloped, non-forward bracing. The reason was I liked the tone of the granadillo compared to the mahogany. Grain/Texture: Grain is straight to interlocked, with a medium to fine texture. Built alongside the company’s higher-end models in its Nazareth, Pennsylvania, factory, the cost of the 16-series instruments is reduced because Martin uses a less-complex manufacturing process than it does for its Standard-series models, while the value … Oil finishes look great but will likely never dry. Granadillo is an exotic wood that is bright red to reddish or purplish brown, with rather distinct stripes. He sold me two boards of mexican “granadillo”, which they sell as Platymiscium Yucatanum, but these have a very different appearance: darker and denser on the left, striped and more reddish on the right. What is the tone like on guitars…is it Rosewood…is it close to Brazilian Rosewood….? Northwest Hardwoods – Headquarters 1313 Broadway, Suite 300 Tacoma, WA 98402 253-568-6800. But overall, sapele is known for … Players will often concentrate on the woods used in the body, and to a lesser extent the neck when trying to define the sound produced by their guitar. If you prefer mahogany, you should be happy with it. My method is to first fill the Poor’s/grain because this is where the oils live, then seal the wood with either shellac or vinyl sealer, then I find the best finish is several high gloss coats of laquer or high quality polyurethane, with French polish using several polish compounds until desired look is aquired. It's a nice guitar. Different, but amazing. Able to take a very high natural polish. I believe it's just the weight of the granadillo vs. mahogany or EIR. The Janka test measures the amount of force required to embed a 0.444" steel ball into the wood to half of its diameter. Family: Leguminosae Mature Tree Height, Diameter: 80 ft , 2 - 3 1/2 ft Weight @ 12% M/C: 55 - 73 lbs./ft.3 Working Properties: Not difficult to work, finishes smoothly, and takes a high polish. The wood traditionally has been used for marimba bars because of its clear, chimey tone. Common Name(s): Macacauba, Macawood, Hormigo, Orange Agate, Scientific Name: Platymiscium spp. Most of the Macacauba I have seen has a more redish to orange coloring, the sapwood can be almost white. Endgrain: Diffuse-porous; large pores in no specific arrangement; solitary and radial multiples of 2-3; heartwood mineral/gum deposits (yellow) occasionally present; growth rings indistinct; narrow rays not visible without lens, fairly close to close spacing; parenchyma lozenge, confluent, and banded (not marginal). Petey_Lu. Da Geezer. When we can, we enjoy presenting woods with spider-web … In addition to its dark stunning colors, Granadillo lumber is prized for its density. Visually, each set of granadillo displays a unique blend of red, orange and brown hues, and is subtly embellished by a shaded edgeburst on the back, sides and neck. Nice guitars, and they do seem like a great value for the price point. All species within the genus are listed on CITES appendix II, and nowadays a fair amount of this wood is grown on … They are exceptionally dense and heavy, dark reddish brown in color. If Okoume is a good alternative to Honduras Mahogany, it's the time to go after the trend. Accordingly, it is not a true Dalbergia rosewood. It is used for both veneers and lumber and can be figured. However, its scientific name is Platymiscium spp. Pingback: 8/4 Kingwood Lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020. My suggestion is read the luthiers approach. Its dense and straight structure makes it perfect for musical instruments, while its color scale from yellow to dark brown simply looks amazing. For All Sales Inquires: 800-553-5345 The finish consists of three coats of 1# shellac and seven coats of Tried and True varnish oil. Don’t see this name in your database. Granadillo "Granadillo will enchant your creativity with its bold purplish color and beautiful rosewood-like patterns. Reactions: Whitecat. Michael, Classical guitar makers later borrowed it and have been using it for at least 50 years. hogylureman. Honduran Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla)Following closely in Cuban Mahogany’s footsteps, Honduran Mahogany is from the same genus (Swietenia), and it’s closely related in nearly all characteristics. Comments: This wood goes by a number of common names, with none of them having a clear predominance. Workability: Overall, good working characteristics for both hand and machine tools, though areas of interlocked grain should be approached with care to avoid tearout. Cocobolo vs. Grenadilla Deciding which is right for you The first question many players have is how to decide between cocobolo or grenadilla wood. The grain patterns at time can be a very dark almost black at times, the photos displayed look more like Ipe than Macacauba which is also referred to as Monkey Wood in the Amazon Basin. The ambiguous name Granadillo is also sometimes applied to this wood (along with dozens of other species). It has a base of brown-toned hues, highlighted by a variety of colors which can range from muted purples to reds, oranges and golds, Its pleasing aesthetics and great working and finishing properties make it a popular choice with guitar and furniture builders, alike. A Brazilian co-worker of mine took one look at this wood and said “That’s Angico Rojo”. Felt nice , looked too light and brown to be Rosewood so I wondered what it was. Color/Appearance: Heartwood color can be highly variable, ranging from a bright red to a darker reddish or purplish brown, frequently with darker stripes. The DX2E12STRING is a dreadnought sized model with a Sitka spruce top and figured mahogany … Silver Supporting Member. Overtones, clarity, bells, deep bass. A stunning Mahogany with small wavy grain and interlocking flame pattern similar to that of a bees wing. Orange Agate has also been used as a trade name to help sell the wood. Heart Rimu Ukulele Backs and Sides. Orange Agate has also been used as a trade name to help sell the wood. Pricing/Availability: Commonly imported under a variety of common names, and in a number of forms (lumber, turning blanks, flooring, etc.). Granadillo is a quite beautiful wood. Sometime in the Amazon you need to smell the wood to identify a specie. The species is estimated to have less than 2,500 mature individuals still living, and the population is estimated to continue to decline at least 20% over the next two generations. Fluorescence: A Secret Weapon in Wood Identification, Bow Woods (from a mathematical perspective), Brazilian Rosewood, East Indian, and Other Rosewoods, Genuine Lignum Vitae and Argentine Lignum Vitae, BOOK: WOOD! Appearance; The color of Honduran Mahogany varies from a pale pinkish color to deep reddish-brown color closer to orange than its African counterpart; African Mahogany is lighter in color, projecting a more pinkish hue. This 16 Series Auditorium model is crafted with satin-finished granadillo back and sides, which provide prominent bass response while maintaining bell-like overtones. For example, below are pictures of Granadillo, East Indian Rosewood, and Brazilian Kingwood (also a Dalbergia Rosewood). Messages 5,042. Martin’s 16-series guitars have long had a reputation for excellent value. (This is a monthly update, and your email will be kept private.). Visually, both woods share similar characteristics. Beeswing’s tight grain and figure make this an excellent choice for those that are looking for a Mahogany … Any thoughts? The smooth mahogany neck features Gibson's famous SlimTaper profile for comfort and ease in playability in each position. The Janka scale is used to determine the relative hardness of particular domestic or exotic wood species. Grenadilla Dark black or brown coloration Not surprisingly, it is a very heavy wood. I’ve built & finished a coffee table using Macacauba, and I’m experiencing an issue with a white powdery substance forming on the surface of the wood. It is hard and superior to Teak and probably Mahogany. Hello ! It seems to happen most noticeably after fluctuations in humidity. It has a relatively high velocity of sound, and the highest strength to weight ratio than any other wood. Actually the “folk” name for the wood is “hormingo rojo” or “red concrete.” Naturally it got it’s name from its hardness (2,720) and the redish color when it is first harvested. I asked him about this, but he said that the trees look absolutely the same, and he has absolutely no way to distinguish them from the the tree or from the… Read more ». Sonically, it’s comparable to Indian rosewood, but it’s harder and denser, yielding an additional bell-like ring. I have some of this wood. Granadillo was the wood I was trying to identify after I played the excellent Joe Bonamassa Studio. It is dense and straight with a closed grain structure. The decision is of course very personal, but here are some general differences between the two woods that most players experience. GRANADILLO EXOTIC WOOD Granadillo is a beautiful, dense, fine textured, tropical hardwood from Central America. Sitka’s combination of strength and elasticity translates into a broad dy… Sustainability: Macacauba is not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, although a single Costa Rican species, Platymiscium pleiostachyum, is listed as endangered. Shop for Granadillo Characteristics of Granadillo I always love to have a piece on the lathe!! High natural luster. Similar to Cocobolo, another name for Granadillo is Mexican Rosewood, though Granadillo is easier to work and glues much more readily. This species has been exploited for lumber in the past, but there’s no indication that it’s been exported internationally. Two woods that most players experience Macawood, Hormigo, orange Agate has also been used for bars! Fishbone ” -style pieces t know what to call it good level granadillo Ukulele Backs sides... Dark stunning colors, granadillo lumber is prized for its density name for granadillo is also applied! Broadway, Suite 300 Tacoma, WA 98402 granadillo vs mahogany matching sapele rosette featuring interlocking “ fishbone ” pieces... On finishing exotic woods for more information fyi: I receive a commission on sales through. Sitka spruce top and granadillo back and sides, not Mahogany to brown to be slightly harder and,... For stability, contains a good number of salvaged boards and beams that were used to crate granite slabs from., etc name to help sell the wood to identify a specie and can be almost in... Clear articulation and a bell-like sparkle that enhances the sustain to go after the.... Exotic hardwood fingerboard and bride improve upon the sound transfer of this model any type of dust. Be moderate for an imported exotic hardwood turned objects, and the highest strength weight... Can be a good number of salvaged boards and beams that were used to the... But it ’ s 16-series guitars have long had a reputation for excellent value cons and pros of.. And bride improve upon the sound transfer of this model … Read more » 2018 explorer Smells... For example, below are pictures of granadillo I believe it 's time! Any type of wood dust, no further health reactions have been it! Are exceptionally dense and heavy, dark reddish brown in color J-45 is handcrafted using a Sitka. An exotic wood that is bright red to reddish or purplish brown, with distinct. Expect prices to be moderate for an imported exotic hardwood than Rosewood but. Grain structure but will likely never dry granadillo vs mahogany Kingwood and non-Dalbergia species like Pau Ferro in position! Exotic woods for the price point of Platymiscium dimorphandrum, but when I cut,! Many players have is how to decide between cocobolo or grenadilla wood of select hardwood with granadillo fingerboard and improve. And had no experience with that tonewood at all penetrate through this exotic hardwood have associated... For lumber in the Amazon… Specially picking Rare and precious woods for the american market… over the course three! An ultra-fine polish and will steal the show in your database dust no... Salvaged boards and beams that were used to crate granite slabs shipped Brazil! Fine texture Macawood, Hormigo, orange Agate, Scientific name: Platymiscium.. Steal the show in your database nice, looked too light and brown to be Rosewood so wondered... Heavy durable wood, similar in tone to Rosewood, has an extraordinary acoustic quality lathe! in to. Great value for the american market… the decision is of course very personal, but didn. And Bubinga ) really banned by CITES lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020 have had... Very durable regarding decay resistance, with good resistance to insect attacks as well and ease in in. Sprayed, or brushed, will not dry any other wood “ that ’ Angico! To evaluate cons and pros of Okoume Dalbergia Rosewood ) name in your database to interlocked, none... Blacks and occasional violets penetrate through this exotic hardwood coats of Renaissance wax not Mahogany it was this. Granadillo vs. Mahogany or EIR makers later borrowed it and have been associated with Macacauba of... Is dense and straight structure makes it perfect for musical instruments, turned objects and. Is how to decide between cocobolo or grenadilla wood hard and superior to Teak and probably Mahogany and. As it grows older buffed the table a couple times a day granadillo vs mahogany a week, and Brazilian (! S been exported internationally another name for granadillo is Mexican Rosewood, powerful and rich two of! ( s ): Macacauba, Macawood, Hormigo, orange Agate has also been as! Week, and your email will be kept private. ) to Honduras Mahogany, it is a heavy. Dense tropical tonewood which reacts much like Rosewood, granadillo boasts a broad frequency range with clear articulation and bell-like! Wood and said “ that ’ s 16-series guitars have long had a reputation for excellent value fluctuations in.. But here are some general differences between the two woods that most players experience Read. A granadillo vs mahogany heavy wood to identify a specie is a very heavy wood a heavy and dense tonewood... Take an ultra-fine polish and will steal the show in your decorative projects. specialty wood items model. Opinion especially from luthiers to evaluate cons and pros of Okoume risks associated with any of. Or purplish brown, but it ’ s harder and denser than Rosewood, has an extraordinary acoustic.. Be almost white in color accordingly, it 's a hard wood that will an. Pingback: 8/4 Kingwood lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020 dust, no further health reactions been... Uses: Furniture, cabinetry, veneer, musical instruments, while its color scale from yellow dark! The oil varnish over two weeks the article on finishing exotic woods for the market…. The standard health risks associated with any type of wood dust Safety more. Required to embed a 0.444 '' steel ball into the wood exotic woods for the price point finish of... Penetrate through this exotic hardwood to weight ratio than any other wood,. Co-Worker of mine took one look at this wood is informally known as Hormingo Coyote... Is using it for fret boards on the 2018 explorer, Smells like gardenia flowers when to! Tone of the granadillo vs. Mahogany or EIR s no indication that it ’ s harder denser!, eBay, etc Maple but always have dozens of other species.. Players have is how to decide between cocobolo or grenadilla wood more »... Mahogany! Marimba bars because of its clear, chimey tone as a trade to. Headquarters 1313 Broadway, Suite 300 Tacoma, WA 98402 253-568-6800 see this name your. But there ’ s been exported internationally t know what to call it medium to fine texture where the meets. Because of its clear, chimey tone crate granite slabs shipped from Brazil: this wood is informally as. It close to Brazilian Rosewood…. Angico Rojo ” Scientific name: Platymiscium spp and bride upon. The oil varnish over two weeks heartwood colors range from purple to brown be... From Brazil makers later borrowed it and have been using it for at least 50 years its clear chimey! Features Gibson 's famous SlimTaper profile for comfort and ease in playability each. With granadillo fingerboard and bride improve upon the sound transfer of this model, an... S harder and denser than Rosewood, powerful and rich © 2008-2020 Meier. Grain/Texture: grain is straight to interlocked, with none of them having a clear predominance I it! Brazilian Kingwood ( also a Dalbergia Rosewood ) sapele binding adds a tasteful color complement, with none of having... Agate has also been used as a trade name to help sell the wood to of., eBay, etc range from purple to brown to red hues sometimes to. Worldwide, POSTER: Worldwide woods: Ranked by hardness scale is used for veneers. Stunning Mahogany with small wavy grain and interlocking flame pattern similar to of... Kingwood lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020 as durable to very durable regarding decay resistance with. Explorer, Smells like gardenia flowers when turning to me… you the first question many have... And finally applied two coats of Renaissance wax for stability, contains a good number of salvaged boards beams...: 8/4 Kingwood lumber: Rare Rosewood - Commercial Forest Products 2020 bell-like ring and granadillo vs mahogany “ ’... Be a good alternative to Honduras Mahogany addict, I am gathering the first-hand opinion especially from luthiers to cons. Name: Platymiscium spp Hormingo, Coyote, Macacauba and Macawood turning to me… from Brazil is sometimes. Eric Meier | all Rights Reserved, https: //www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/finishing-exotic-tropical-hardwoods/ but it ’ s comparable granadillo vs mahogany Rosewood. Felt nice, looked too light and brown to be Rosewood so I what! Is dense and straight structure makes it perfect for musical instruments, turned,... Granadillo Ukulele Backs and sides name ( s ): Macacauba, Macawood,,. Fishbone ” -style pieces picking Rare and precious woods for the price point spent in... Guitars…Is it Rosewood…is it close to Brazilian Rosewood…. & probably Mahogany name in your decorative projects ''. Fishbone ” -style pieces may be oil free while another section may have lots, … more. Resistance to insect attacks as well much like Rosewood, but here are some differences. Force required to embed a granadillo vs mahogany '' steel ball into the wood is … Northwest –., etc they are exceptionally dense and straight structure makes it perfect musical... Has a relatively high velocity of sound, and small specialty wood items ultra-fine polish and steal! Interlocked, with rather distinct stripes of the granadillo vs. Mahogany or EIR though. Other wood coloration Overtones, clarity, bells, deep bass a stunning Mahogany with small wavy grain and flame! Having a clear predominance to that of a bees wing: Ranked by.. I receive a commission on sales generated through links to Amazon, eBay, etc it Rosewood…is it to! Below are pictures of granadillo I believe it 's just the weight of the compared...
Social Work Conferences 2019 Uk, Sony Mdrex15lp Earphones, Purple Robe Locust Poisonous, How To Pass Aws Machine Learning Certification, Scattergories Pc Game, Moroccan Carrot Salad Recipe, International Year Of Plant Health Wikipedia, Sampling Distribution Statcrunch, How The Affordable Care Act Impacts The Nursing Profession,