So let’s see how the Nia that Kobo has lent me for a few days compares to the Kobo Touch I reviewed in 2011. The clara has the warm coloured light which imo is the main biggest difference between the two. MoKo Kobo Clara HD Case, Premium Ultra Compact Protective Sleep Wake Up Slim Lightweight Cover Case for Kobo Clara HD 6" Tablet/e-Reader, Denim Gray $9.99 Get the deal OPPO announce their new 125W Flash charging along with 65W wireless charging! The ultimate in readability. Clara is better (speed, dpi; blue light filter) but Nia gets the job done. 1 month ago. Kobo clara HD is better clearly and 20 bucks is not much more. However, the Nia lacks a blue light filter, so if you read a lot at night, we think the Kobo Clara HD is a better option – with a sharper 300ppi screen – if you can spare the extra cash for it. Another difference is that the Nia has a built-in white/blue Comfortlight but the Clara HD has Comfortlight Pro which lets you switch between blue/white and a more yellow night light for more comfortable bed time or low light reading. At a price of $149.95 the Nia is only $40 less than the Kobo Clara HD at $189.95 which has a substantially better 300ppi screen resolution versus the Nia’s 212ppi. Read in the sun on a glare-free 6" touchscreen, or read at night with built-in, adjustable ComfortLight. What the Kobo Nia feels like. Legal Documents. After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again. At a price of $149.95 the Nia is only $40 less than the Kobo Clara HD at $189.95 which has a substantially better 300ppi screen resolution versus the Nia’s 212ppi. Fintie Stand Case for Kobo Nia 6” 2020 eReader - Premium PU Leather Protective Cover with Card Slot, Hand Strap and Auto Sleep/Wake Compatible with Kobo Clara … Kobo's website is now listing the Nia for 130$. Google’s Gmail redesign leaked showing deeper Docs, Chat and Meet integration, Thanks to Google’s new publisher tool, ebooks could soon become audiobooks, Google Maps “Go” tab gives users quick access to favourite and frequent destinations, Tesla Powerwall – 3 months on, a great investment, Google Play Music is finally dead, RIP another much loved Google service, Lenovo’s Smart Clock Essential lands down under, and at over 50% off, Google brings a social feed inside Google Maps on Android and iOS, NBN Co has re-launched its Technology Choice program with ‘instant’ quotes, but don’t get your hopes up, YouTube announces new features to Premieres, Optus 5G mmWave demo: low latency enables new ways to use mobile networks, 6″ 212 PPI Carta E Ink display, 1024 × 758 resolution, ComfortLight, a one-colour light with adjustable brightness, TypeGenius: 12 different fonts and over 50 font styles, 15 file formats supported natively (EPUB, EPUB3, FlePub, PDF, MOBI, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR), English, French, French (Canada), German, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico), Italian, Catalan, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Turkish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Kindle is a nice device for the Amazon ecosystem, so if you are locked into that, then kindle. Sales of dedicated e-ink ebook readers peaked early last decade and then tailed off as smartphone screens got bigger and better. In my use of Spotify, I’ve found it to not be anywhere near a patch on what GPM had. Like the Clara's internal micro SD. Are you saying you replaced the Kobo Clara internal storage with a 64GB SD card? Does AGL’s new NBN energy discount bundle have a big flaw? The bigger difference was in generally navigating the user interface and reading where the Nia was much snappier to react. The Kobo Nia's NXP i.MX 6ULL processor is the no-namiest no-name computer component I've come across in a while, and the tablet doesn't give me a strong impression of its capability. Surprisingly boot time was almost the same, start time from powered off the Nia took 28 seconds and Touch 30 seconds. Shop now. Don't expect a whole new experience here. The Kobo Nia sticks tight to the design we've seen in previous models such as the Kobo Clara. Kobo Clara HD Declaration of Conformity (Model N249) Warranty. Eventually, the nia will go really cheap on sale but now is not that time. It's what i use at night and I wouldn't be without it! Kobo's book subscription, called Kobo Plus, costs $9.99 a month and grants you unlimited access to 50,000 books across several genres. Kobo's flagship and new entry-level eReaders, the Forma and Nia. From here, you can step up to the Clara HD ($119.99), which is lighter and has a color-changing backlight. But wait! Nobody seems to have mentioned this but the Nia feels noticeably slower than my Libra H2O(which is running the same processor as the Clara). Kobo supports a lot more ebook formats eg: Project Gutenberg free out of copyright ePub, borrowing Overdrive books (if your local library has Overdrive) and buying ebooks from Aussie booksellers Booktopia and Angus & Robertson. Follow the steps in the article below: Find you Kobo eReader model name and number . While it’s certainly a lot less tiring on your eyes to read a book on an e-ink ebook reader, most people decide to use the Kindle or Kobo apps on their iPhone or Android phone/tablet instead. Thanks anyway. Profile: Community Spirited, Influencer, Knack for Technology, Environmentalist. The reason? The Nia is the base model in Kobo's four-tier lineup. If not, the Clara is a proven, reliable reader. Visit the Kobo Warranty page here. To be fair Amazon’s Kindle has been even slower than Kobo, generally copying new Kobo features later after analysing how popular they’ve been. Compare our award-winning collection of … The Kobo Nia is a replacement for Kobo’s current entry-level ereader, the Aura 2. Declaration of Conformity. Kobo went bigger with the Forma and Libra H2O, where 8-inch and 7-inch displays made for larger models.It’s not fair to compare the Nia to those larger models, but doing so with the Clara HD is appropriate. Kobo’s new $99.99 Nia e-reader serves as an entry-level model, with a lower price point than the Kobo Clara HD but slightly worse specifications. That’s why the launch of Kobo’s new base model Nia e-reader is initially puzzling because if you look at the specifications it’s not really new — basically the hardware guts of the recently discontinued Kobo Aura 2 with storage space increased to 8GB, inside the current model Kobo Clara HD plastic body. I’ll wait for the next Labor government and get it for free. Ora che abbiamo analizzato tutti i punti dovreste avere le idee chiare ma se così non fosse, ecco un paio di consigli: Kobo Nia è la scelta giusta per chi si avvicina per la prima volta al mondo degli eReader e vuole qualcosa di valido ad un prezzo molto contenuto. And what we have now is an entire family of Kobos all with different names (there is nothing as confusing as calling every single Kobo an Aura), sitting at good price points both relative to themselves and their competing Kindle models. It has Wifi but not BT, measures 9.1mm thin, and weighs 179 grams. Kobo Nia lets you to carry up to 6,000 eBooks anywhere you go with 8GB of storage and a battery charge that can last for weeks. Battery life for both is still several weeks if Wi-Fi is off and lighting is off. Experienced: Librarian, Journalist, Photographer, IT Sales & Support, © 2010 - 2020 - Ausdroid Media Pty Ltd, ABN 93 162 673 789. Or should I just go with a Kindle? It’s one of the more popular models from the brand, and it’s priced at the mid-end of most people’s budgets for an eReader. He has never bought an Apple product :-) His dream phone would have stock Android OS, fast high-res camera and swappable 4000mAh battery. What do you suggest? That makes e-ink e-book readers a niche kind of gadget, generally purchased by people who have already owned a quite old e-ink previous model and want a big upgrade to access features they couldn’t get before. Obviously the Nia battery will fall a lot faster if you keep it connected to Wi-Fi and use the light a lot. The price difference is 20$, but I was really wondering about the reactivity of the interface. For starters Wi-Fi support is still only 2.4Ghz wifi. Like the Kindle, it’s also easy to hold and flip through pages with one hand. If you’re interested in a hands on Clara HD review my colleague Phil wrote one some time ago that you should read. The Nia’s screen is a bit nicer but not a huge amount compared to the 2011 Kobo Touch. Amazon has a few more famous authors you can buy but you can only buy books from Amazon and they don’t work with Australian Public Libraries. Compare the display, resolution, dimensions, weight and features of our Kobo eReaders, including waterproofing, ComfortLight PRO and more. Read the full review: Kobo Nia. If you’re willing to pay for the Nia and a sleep case, then for a similar total price you’d get a substantially enhanced low light and night time reading experience by buying the Kobo Clara HD without a case instead. In terms of book storage the Nia has 8GB (roughly 6000 books) while the Touch has 2GB of which I’ve used 1.3GB. I have both. In Australia we only have two choices of ebook reader manufacturers: Rakuten’s Kobo and Amazon’s Kindle. (Not sure if the Nia's does that.). From here, you can step up to the Clara HD ($119.99), which is lighter and has a color-changing backlight. As expected there is an optional Nia SleepCover accessory available in black, aqua and yellow for $34.95. As part of the Countdown Themes, I wonder if YouTube will also be allowing users to use music other than…, just give fibre optic GPON 4gbps to residents what a waste of money while fibre exist already and can give…, Asus Zen Wi-Fi XT8 review – Mesh Wi-Fi with everything you…, D-Link DCS-8630LH Review — DIY home security made very easy, Need to keep an eye on things at home? Screen size at 6″ is same which is fine and the bezels are smaller but still you would have thought bezels could’ve been reduced more by now. At the entry-level, Amazon has been a tough nut to crack. Thanks!! But wait! The Tolino Page 2 (Kobo Nia) has a 6″ Carta E-ink screen with a capacitive touchscreen and a frontlight. One of the downsides of the Kobo ereader is that it doesn’t have an option for 3G connectivity, which is a great option for travellers or for somebody who is not too technologically challenged. The NIA has a "comfort light" while the Clara has the comfort light PRO with the dual led color temperature change. I have a libra btw. Brad Moon. News and discussion about the Kobo line of ebook readers. If you only read during the day then Kobo Nia is a fine choice and will save you a few dollars, it’s available from July 21 for RRP $149.95 at the Kobo Australia website and select retailers. The Kobo Nia looks a lot like the entry-level Kindle.There are only marginal differences in size and weight. As a very early adopter of GPM I will miss it but the reality is I’ve not used it meaningfully…, Just curious, can you please provide a link on how to Automatically show the cameras on the echo show as…, The update with this is already here. Addendum. Kobo clara HD is better clearly and 20 bucks is not much more. I will probably be highlighting a lot and would prefer the option better in this regard. The Nia is the base model in Kobo's four-tier lineup. The Nia is $149.95 and the Kindle $139.00 so for $11 more the Nia gives you a sharper screen to read from. Shame that shuffle and repeat functions are still broken on YTMusic when casting to a speaker. The last patch was only 3 months ago. I’m still using my 2011 Kobo Touch, and the only real incentive for me to upgrade is front lighting. The reading difference is the Nia’s built-in light which makes it much easier to read when there’s no sunlight or not enough over head lighting inside. D-Link’s Weather…, Review: Amazon Echo Dot with Clock — the smaller Echo just…, Ausdroid Review: Vivo X50 Lite – is it more OPPO-tunistic than…, NBN Co has re-launched its Technology Choice program with ‘instant’ quotes,…, Speetest data shows that Australia’s mobile broadband speeds are world leading,…. I thought it was 8GB and non-removable? Both use micro usb for recharging or connecting to a computer to load up with ePubs, PDF’s etc. Press J to jump to the feed. Compared to clara, besides the comfort light nia has slower CPU and half the ammount of ram(256mb) . Kobo Clara HD User Guide; Kobo Clara HD Quick Start Guide (PDF) Not sure which eReader you have? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Replaced mine with a 64gb card, Just wondering - what do you use all the extra space for? Read the full review: Kobo Nia However, the Nia lacks a blue light filter, so if you read a lot at night, we think the Kobo Clara HD is a better option – with a sharper 300ppi screen – if you can spare the extra cash for it. I've decided to go with the Clara :)). Like the Clara's internal micro SD. Kobo vs Kindle for reading content Books are easily downloaded directly to your Kobe through Kobo wi-fi connection, or through a standard USB connection to your computer and then to your ereader. EDIT: Thanks for all the helpful responses! The Kobo Clara HD is already available for RRP $189.95. The Touch has a button on the bottom front and also at the top left, while the Nia just has one button at centre bottom. Find the eReader that’s perfect for you. However, the Nia lacks a blue light filter, so if you read a lot at night, we think the Kobo Clara HD is a better option – with a sharper 300ppi screen – if you can spare the extra AU$40 for it. Telstra post-paid customers can now get incoming calls on Google home/nest…. I hope the EU prohibits this new Kobo from being sold there, due to the microUSB data and charging. Brand new, unopened box on EBAY was 30$ cheaper than the NIA. Manual reset your Kobo Clara HD or Kobo Nia If a factory reset didn't solve your problem, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. Compared to clara, besides the comfort light nia has slower CPU and half the ammount of ram (256mb) . When you consider how much mobile phones, computers and tablets have improved during the 2nd decade of this century it’s fair to say that Kobo and Amazon have been very slow to improve in comparison. The Nia launch makes more sense when you compare it with the base model Kindle because while now even the base models for both companies have built-in lights you can use, the Nia has a nicer screen resolution at 212ppi compared to Kindle’s 167ppi. While the blue and yellow colours are very bold and fun, personally I’ve found e-ink e-book readers to be very tough even if kept unprotected in a backpack. That being said, I think I’ll wait till the next time the Clara HD goes on sale. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It runs on a 1GHz single-core CPU with 512MB RAM and 8GB internal storage. Kobo eReaders are designed with one thing in mind - to deliver a superior reading experience. The base model Kindle is … For…, And still no support for Family Link accounts in YTM…, I’m still waiting to be able to delete the app from my phone…. The Clara has the same 6 inch screen as the smaller Nia, but it is improved in a couple of key areas. Eventually, the nia will go really cheap on sale but now is not that time. I'm having difficulty deciding between the two. The Nia has a 6-inch display with reasonably-sized bezels to make it the most diminutive eReader available. The software is quite similar because to their credit Kobo still send updates to my ancient Kobo device. The next step up from Kobo is the Clara HD, and it’s one of their more recent releases, initially launched in 2018. Learn more. Because I think 4 GB alone can hold up to 3000 books haha. Interested in getting a new ereader? Looked at both, bought the Clara. The Touch has a padded back feel while the Nia has a dotted pattern. The screen quality and sharpness difference is quite noticeable. After trying it, I hope this dogfood alpha build community feed “Latest in…. The thing is that the touch screen is fine on the Clara, Forma and the Libra so I expect that the Nia will have a good touch screen unlike the Aura 2. Neerav has been interested in Android phones since he bought the 1st one ever released (HTC Dream/G1). (From all of the reviews this isn't a huge difference...but there is a difference.). The biggest difference that I can see is that the Clara has a 300ppi resolution where the NIA is a 212 ppi. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis are sold out or at least many versions of them : https://goodereader.com/blog/kindle/amazon-kindle-paperwhite-and-oasis-are-sold-out, The 300 ppi of the Clara hd makes it worth spending the extra $. Over the course of the past few months, Kobo and their various retail partners have been putting the Clara HD on sale. Unfortunately I can't return mine otherwise I would have bought the Clara instead. The Kobo Nia is a bargain basement e-reader that is basically the lowest priced SKU in their portfolio. Kobo Clara HD vs Kobo Nia: quale scegliere. Both have made improvements over time especially to software but ereader hardware just hasn’t innovated much in the last decade beyond adding a light, waterproofing and being a bit faster.
World Without Borders Organization, Zombie Piano Sheet Music, Convertible Outdoor Sofa Chaise Lounger, How To Increase Blitz Beat Damage, Leftover Baked Potatoes Au Gratin, Lily Symbolism Death, Psalm 145:3 Kjv,